SAU Community

The Cool Tools Thread

Duncan

Talk about stealing one new thread thought you bastard,,,but I digress.

This little toy is way cool,,,this little puppy is a rivet gun and like a rivet gun can also rivet thread inserts and stud inserts as well and no it's not for loan unless you can roll my guards at the same time.

post-29-1276776224_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil

nutsert/rivnut guns are getting more common now- from $80 to $220

one at my shop does 4,6,8,10 mm threads. i love it

Yea mate everyone should have one,,,it's got me out of trouble so many times. The bastard that started this thread knows only to well.

I have more cool tools but it's to bloody cold to go out now and take pics.

cheers

Neil.

I've used one of these and think they are are great. If anybody is interested in one pm me as I will be buying 2 soon and can get more. Yes I'm going to buy off ebay usa. They are made by Lisle part no 24610.

post-29-1276778793_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil.

I've used one of these and think they are are great. If anybody is interested in one pm me as I will be buying 2 soon and can get more. Yes I'm going to buy off ebay usa. They are made by Lisle part no 24610.

Cheers

Neil.

Just recently seen these lol Damn handy.

58415.JPG

This little guy has helped me more than a few times now Mirror with LEDs on it so i can hold the mirror and a Ratchet,screw driver...what ever instead of having to hold a torch and the mirror

This baby has got me out of trouble lots of times. Think about the last time you couldn't undo that rear hub nut,,,front pulley bolt,,,diff pinion flange nut,,,ect,,,for me it easily removes my centre wheel nuts on the Radical when we have over-tightened them. Very sweet tool indeed. It now travels with me where ever I go racing.

Proudly supplied by Mark at "Medalist",,,he's also just happens to be one of the founding members of "Team Raceworx".

Thanks Marky.

post-29-1276846873_thumb.jpg

post-29-1276846932_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil.

This baby has got me out of trouble lots of times. Think about the last time you couldn't undo that rear hub nut,,,front pulley bolt,,,diff pinion flange nut,,,ect,,,for me it easily removes my centre wheel nuts on the Radical when we have over-tightened them. Very sweet tool indeed. It now travels with me where ever I go racing.

Proudly supplied by Mark at "Medalist",,,he's also just happens to be one of the founding members of "Team Raceworx".

Thanks Marky.

Cheers

Neil.

damn straight....my favourite cool tool

besttool.jpg

for anyone that has not seen one....it is a 64x geared socket driver.

So you turn the handle 64 times for a single turn of the socket....but at the same time it puts in 64x the force.

You can undo absolutely anything with this.....just think a bolt or nut done up to 640nm (like an overtightened centrelock wheel nut) only takes 10nm and some time to undo

• Like 1

Vice Grips: Great for undoing rounded nuts and bolts that someones buggered and holding hot exhaust parts, welding, oxy etc

post-28482-1276954663_thumb.png

Rubber Mallet: Awesome for beating crap out of something a hammer would normally destroy.

post-28482-1276954672_thumb.jpg

The Large Pry Bar: Very useful for prying things...separating engines from gearboxes, sliding out stubborn driveshafts, control arms etc

post-28482-1276954687_thumb.jpg

Thanks Marky.

Cheers

Neil.

What's one of those worth?

Cheers

Neil.

Let me know when and how much.