SAU Community

The Cool Tools Thread

Duncan

If there is any way to use  I hoist I'd go that way in an instant.  Quicklift is a lot of money for a quicker version of jack+stands. You'd need to be lifting a lot of cars to make it worthwhile I think

2 post hoists start at about 1500 for a second handy that would be fine for weekend use.

8 hours ago, BlueThirtyFour said:

Hi Nathan,

So do you rate it and would recommend it to others?   I'm only really looking to use it for fluid changes, brakes and tire changes etc, so pretty basic stuff. 

Also which model do you have?

It serves it purpose for me. If I could have a 2 post hoist I would of. Much quicker and easier than jack stands.

I've only used it to change fluids and service my breaks so far, but prefer it to jack stands as it is more stable. Last time I used jacks stands was a few months ago when pulling the motor out of my brothers car. Getting it up onto them was a pain in the ass and that sold me on getting the Quickjack. You could get more height if you got the light truck adapter kit, but I think it is high enough for most things including pulling the gearbox out.

ive got a maxjax like below - full height with the bonnet up on the 33 is 2400

IMG_6841.jpg

cant walk under it, but a stool with wheels is easy enough, 240v and uses threaded anchors not dynabolts to make it portable to some degree. atleast pack it away when not in use

• Like 2