SAU Community

The Cool Tools Thread

Duncan

Happy with how the battery adaptor worked out.

Not as slim as the Milwaukee but cheaper and still going to get in more places than the drill I was using plus now I can grab other cheapie Ryobi skins when I need a sometimes tool and keep using the better AEG batteries.

If I find the battery bulk holding me back on the regular I will grab the Milwaukee and just bite the bullet on having 2 different sets of batteries/chargers (a pet hate).

See how we go.

Next on the list is a bigger shed at the new place with room for a proper size hoist.

20180906_213552.jpg

8 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Happy with how the battery adaptor worked out.

Not as slim as the Milwaukee but cheaper and still going to get in more places than the drill I was using plus now I can grab other cheapie Ryobi skins when I need a sometimes tool and keep using the better AEG batteries.

If I find the battery bulk holding me back on the regular I will grab the Milwaukee and just bite the bullet on having 2 different sets of batteries/chargers (a pet hate).

See how we go.

Next on the list is a bigger shed at the new place with room for a proper size hoist.

20180906_213552.jpg

Where did you get the battery adaptor from Dan?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

spacer.png

Also purchased the 3/8 stubby impact gun, its fking tiny and removes basically anything with ease. 250ft/lb (330nM)

fits in almost every space and has an excellent auto-shut off mode where it stops driving once it detects the bolt getting firm. then just give it another squeeze and it will do the bolt up in small steps until its tight. Stops you from just sending a lil 10mm bolt into alloy and stripping it. Usually one big squeeze to send it most of the way, then 2 or 3 squeezes and its done up tight.

Used it on the weekend at a 3 day drift event to change wheels. changed probably 16-18 wheels over 3 days using only a 2ah battery and still has 1/3 battery life left. also does the nuts up tight enough on setting 3 you don;t even need to go over them with a breaker bar.

im in love.

• 10 months later...