SAU Community

The Cool Tools Thread

Duncan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about a bit more DIY tools?

Here is my spigot bush removing tool. Worked a treat.

A home made tool that executes it's intended purpose; is the coolest tool in the box. ;)

Must be close now mate!

• Like 2

Won a Kincrome Lok-On 39 piece socket set on Ebay...

attachicon.gifKincrome Lok On Set.JPG

RRP is $150 but well... I paid plenty less than that. :whistling:

Supposedly will undo nuts that have been rounded up to 80-85%

Interesting..

I needs me some of these methinks. :)

I would like to say these are the best tools I have ever bought and if you work on old cars you need these in your life. :)

Oh on topic, Neil dug this up from his tool guy and we went halves. and best of all I have possession of it.

fuel-tool.jpg

nice not to slice up the hands or bash it open and closed with a big screwdriver any more&&0){for(var>

This is exactly what I needed recently to change the fuel filter on my daughter's RX8. Removing the cover on top of the fuel tank is a total pain to do and after borrowing three different version of this tool we finally found one that did the job. Where did you get this one from because it looks better design than all of them?

True, but very annoying there doesn't seem to be a local distributor or a way to buy easily. Given it's not like I'm trying to shift a harmonic balancer, I'd probably go with the chinesium.

It looks like this might be it on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1X-UNIVERSAL-FUEL-TANK-LID-REMOVER-INSTALLER-B2111-T-E-TOOLS-HAND-TOOLS-/262258342019?hash=item3d0fd0b883:g:r8sAAOSwCypWpcTx

>$100 inc postage

ORRRRRR

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-UNIVERSAL-FUEL-TANK-LID-REMOVER-INSTALLER-PIN-WRENCH-CAR-TRUCK-AUTO-TOOL-KIT-/190691243914?hash=item2c6615778a:g:un8AAOSwGotWmr2Z

$20, though it doesn't have that lip at the bottom.

Know what else is the best kind of special tool? The one that isn't needed in the first place.

Put the starter motor back on the car and we all know what a royal PITA that top bolt is right? Well, since I removed the water/oil heat exchanger guess what? All you need is a 450mm 3/8 socket extension and universal joint.

12670192_1169589373066309_35958720601351

• Like 1