SAU Community

The Cool Tools Thread

Duncan

Also bought this about 12 months ago from Germany. Great for rivnuts in hard to get at places, does both nuts and threads.

Not sure if the address is the same business, I just found it and used it for the photo etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nutserts-Nutsert-Setting-Tool-M6-M12-Riv-Nut-Rivnuts-Rivet-Thinsheet-PNT210-/230986691661?hash=item35c7e1344d:m:mf7e5tV-YTV5NApZL8tut9g

Also bought this about 12 months ago from Germany. Great for rivnuts in hard to get at places, does both nuts and threads.

Not sure if the address is the same business, I just found it and used it for the photo etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nutserts-Nutsert-Setting-Tool-M6-M12-Riv-Nut-Rivnuts-Rivet-Thinsheet-PNT210-/230986691661?hash=item35c7e1344d:m:mf7e5tV-YTV5NApZL8tut9g

Yeah I ended up going the same one, the only frustration was it doesnt come with M5 or M4 mandrels which would have been an obvious inclusion for such a compact tool. Who the hell uses rivnuts to hold an M10 bolt??

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm not sure if this actually classifies as tools but I'm really happy with these. The transition between my garage and driveway sucks. Without some boards, it scrapes the front lip even at stock ride height it ruined my OEM lip.

I have to get rid of the old board and cut a 4 x 6 on angle to replace those old boards.

12842465_1190591964299383_1392493881_o.j12722261_1190592020966044_18021644_o.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Half moon obstruction ring spanner - Take that you pesky inaccessible fourth turbo nut you!

It's not quite perfect, still jams against the turbo front outlet, but better than nothing...  

32094280372_7b399f184d.jpg

32204816736_e4c3bd9ddc.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2017 at 6:47 PM, V28VX37 said:

Half moon obstruction ring spanner - Take that you pesky inaccessible fourth turbo nut you!

It's not quite perfect, still jams against the turbo front outlet, but better than nothing...  

I love these! 

So good for header bolts/turbos

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2017 at 6:47 PM, V28VX37 said:

Brilliant! Just ordered a set and I'll give them a go. Thank you!

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:36 PM, Duncan said:

Yeah I ended up going the same one, the only frustration was it doesnt come with M5 or M4 mandrels which would have been an obvious inclusion for such a compact tool. Who the hell uses rivnuts to hold an M10 bolt??

Me, used the M10's for attaching my Grundfos water pump to a welded up pedestal which in turn is SS dyna bolted to the pump shed floor, now I can pump water from my bottom tank to my top one....hehehe

• Like 1

Also, what does everyone use to get to the water drain on the block, the one behind the turbo?

I tried a few different spanners and sockets and just cannot get a purchase on it, one thing I do know, when I finally get it out I an going to make one up with an extended head like 40-50mm hex bar and 50mm long as well.  Its a PITA to get to with anything decent.  Needs room for a breaker bar!!!

On 2/11/2017 at 5:47 PM, tridentt150v said:

Also, what does everyone use to get to the water drain on the block, the one behind the turbo?

I tried a few different spanners and sockets and just cannot get a purchase on it, one thing I do know, when I finally get it out I an going to make one up with an extended head like 40-50mm hex bar and 50mm long as well.  Its a PITA to get to with anything decent.  Needs room for a breaker bar!!!

I cut a spanner in half then got a larger spanner on the back of it for leverage. Just enough room to turn it with the cut in half spanner after you break it loose. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Sort of; in that I have one in boxes on the shed floor.

When we moved out of the old place I've had to leave the hoist behind because

1/ I can't get 3 phase power here, and

2/ the shed roof is about 0.5m too short for the hoist I have.

So as this is kind of temporary (for a year or 3....), I grabbed one of these. Not unpacked or used yet, I haven't had a job that needed it so far but will have to change the sludge/oil in the bush basher soon enough and replace the water in the brake lines with brake fluid, both of which will give me a reason to give it a go.

Without having used it yet, thoughts from me are that it is very expensive (a full hoist is the same price or cheaper) and obviously won't let you stand under it but this is easy for clearance, has no install cost or requirements, is portable, and has no overhead clearance issues.

• Like 1