SAU Community

The Cool Tools Thread

Duncan

yeah, you can see the holes in the black post in the picture.. one has the silver locking bar in it for max height. at the base of the arms.

just a 20mm rod of steel through holes, other position is half height

• 3 weeks later...

I finally used mine on the weekend to take the race tyres off the leaf and return it to road life.  About 2 hours from wrapped in plastic to wheel change complete. There's a bit of stuffing around bleeding the hydraulics the first time but very straightforward to use. I've got the 12v version so it is theoretically portable, but each frame is very heavy to lift.

Probably slower than a jack and stands on a car where you have it down pat, but it does lift stuff off the ground which is the whole point. And lifting by the sills keeps the underside of the car nicely accessible.

But it doesn't seem like good value for occasional/weekend use to me. Also, if you buy one check the measurements of the jack against each car you want to lift. The Leaf is just hatchback sized but the biggest quickjack only made it by about 200mm

• 8 months later...

Is this thread still a thing? 

Picked up one of these to make clutch changes on stands a hell of a lot easier. 

2081.jpg

Specs at http://www.tqbbrands.com.au/jacks-stands/transmission-jacks/tradequip-2081

Picked mine up from VEK tools for under $600 and have used a handful of times so far. You can also buy from the snap on man and it comes with a bluepoint sticker instead of a tradequip sticker lol. 

• Like 4

Have to spin my box around 90deg to get it out and in. Is it still possible with one of these or does it get in the way?

Is this thread still a thing? 
Picked up one of these to make clutch changes on stands a hell of a lot easier. 
2081.jpg&key=556ee9986745444fdd957477ad618ba550189448ab6dc7a944af8b389bfd14ee
Specs at http://www.tqbbrands.com.au/jacks-stands/transmission-jacks/tradequip-2081
Picked mine up from VEK tools for under $600 and have used a handful of times so far. You can also buy from the snap on man and it comes with a bluepoint sticker instead of a tradequip sticker lol. 

I haven't used the floor style one, but on the hoist style one which is effectively the same but taller...yes you can still rotate the box to clear that hump.  Just need to undo the safety chain or leave it loose.  The 4 fingers that stick up are also adjustable or removable if they get in the way. 

That style of jack is a lot more stable that the regular small pad floor jack.