SAU Community

R34 Boost Line Through Firewall (wtf Where & How)

Hi ...

simple and strainght to the point how on the heck do you feed a boost line through the firewall on an r34

it is hell hard, tried to dismantle fuse box and bits n pices there to try and find a way.. no sir, its just hard.

tried to poke through supporting wires/ coat hanger through holes that looked like they might go through to the other side.

good news... ran the line via the left drivers pillar under bonnet for now. set up with a manual bleed valve set to 10psi the car drives noticeably harder.

stuffed up a bit tho... spiked n overboosted past 15 psi while seting up fark!!!! had audiable pinging... but luckily nothing terminal..

So is there way a sure and proven way to run a damn boost line through firewall?

I can now see the value of having an electronic boost controller.... am I right in saying that ebc could keep boost spikes and creep to a minimal level and this way i could have a reliable 14psi? or is this not recommended on a standard r34 turbo - if so what is a safe limit.

I have tried 13psi but the thing spikes dangerously, even at 12 - spikes out to 14 but 10psi seems to limit spikes to about 11.5 which I'm happy with for now.

find one of the large rubber grommets that the wiring goes through and cut a small hole in it and force the hose through. you can either do it on the passenger side where the wiring harness goes through the firewall, or there is somewhere on the drivers side near where the steering goes through i think (been ages since i saw under the bonnet of a skyline). i'm pretty sure i had mine going through on the drivers side in my 33.

other option is to drill a hole and get a rubber grommet to fit. it you go that way then put a bit of paint in the hole after drilling to stop it rusting.

its abit of f**king around but i ran my boost gauge tubing on the drivers side... remove the kick panel where fuses are. there is a hole/grommet where the hood release goes through.. use that....once it through there u have to remove the drivers side wheel and remove the plastic inner lining, as the hole leads there. there is a hole which is located at back right corner driver side engine bay u cant miss it... if u put some wire through there it shoud come out the other side then u can feed it through.....

hi mate I'm running a mechanical gauge , what i did is used that plastic red spaghetti you use when you put screws into bricks , a 1 meter Length of that from bunnings works great . take the drivers side kick panel off and as said above feed the spaghetti stuff through the rubber seal that the bonnet release goes through , but for me with the R34 gtt it comes out under the bonnet on the drivers side just back from where your vacuum hose goes to the standard boost sensor.

i hope this helps good luck

hi mate I'm running a mechanical gauge , what i did is used that plastic red spaghetti you use when you put screws into bricks , a 1 meter Length of that from bunnings works great . take the drivers side kick panel off and as said above feed the spaghetti stuff through the rubber seal that the bonnet release goes through , but for me with the R34 gtt it comes out under the bonnet on the drivers side just back from where your vacuum hose goes to the standard boost sensor.

i hope this helps good luck

Will try this...

Also mad82 yeh I found the rubber grommet you speaking of... but did not realise it comes out where the wheel is and taking of wheel n cover is a pain maybe too hard for at atm...

Btw.. how hard is it to replace the stock boost gauge in dash with after market.

Easy.. But you need to replace all 3 gauges as they are one peice.. Go check that out first so you know what i mean..

I would go through the passenger side where the wiring harness goes through.. this is fairly easy and can be reached without removing anything..

• 2 weeks later...
Will try this...

Also mad82 yeh I found the rubber grommet you speaking of... but did not realise it comes out where the wheel is and taking of wheel n cover is a pain maybe too hard for at atm...

Btw.. how hard is it to replace the stock boost gauge in dash with after market.

i made a tutorial for that ill post it up

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pl...ge-t311237.html

have fun ok and by the way dont cheap out on the guages im going to have to change the cheap ebay ones i put in and get two drift ones to replace but its not hard at all

the only bit i didnt do in the tutorial it putting the boost line through the firewall sorry

• 4 months later...
its abit of f**king around but i ran my boost gauge tubing on the drivers side... remove the kick panel where fuses are. there is a hole/grommet where the hood release goes through.. use that....once it through there u have to remove the drivers side wheel

I just full locked to the right and it was a piece of piss ;)