SAU Community

Parts Thread

Nic_A31

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ No idea.

Burnsie. Rear strut braces are a straight fit, some front braces for S13s don't go onto Cefiro's because S13 braces obviously accomodate for SRs and CAs, so sometimes thye won't clear the larger RB20 throttle body and BoV. It's a hit and miss. Best bet is a Cusco or some kind of 3 point brace that runs back and along the firewall, rather than straight from strut to strut.

yeah i know they fit on the front but its the rear that i wanna know.. im assuming its a r32 rear strut brace that fits cos the bolt holes are more square if u know wat i mean...

• 4 weeks later...

what we NEED is a parts question's thread so if anything the 1st post on this thread is edited and updated with no other post's, while question's and theory's can be posted in another thread

• 3 weeks later...

Power Window Relay

Bluebird (unknown generation, year, "its the one with the SSS variant)

it's the U13 bluebird, the SSS also runs SR-DET brakes (discs and calipers) on the front too

they might also be the same in the U12 bluebird, pintara or ford corsair (re-baded pintara) as the winder mechanism's are very similar and share the same parts apart from some of the bracketry which if u are handy with modification u should be able to make 1 out of your old cef mech and the pintara mech as i am going to try... i will post pics if successful

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Taillight relay.

The one that sits on the body under the boot latch.

Its black, approx 1 x 2 inch in size and controls the taillights.

Can also get these from a Z32.

Nissan price was roughly $280 for it...

• 1 month later...

#

Steering Rack

S13 Silvia - NOT a direct fit. Requires pinion housing to be swapped to match A31/C33 Steering Collumn.

Tailshaft

Rear/Long Half - A31/C33 Specific, not interchangeable with any other vehicle.

Front/Short Half (inc Centre Bearing) - R32 Skyline (for RB20 gearboxes), R33 Skyline (for RB25 gearboxes - possibly requires further modification)

R32 GTR air con compressor:

The black wire is too short and has the wrong plug. Chop the one off your old compressor and solder it on.

The red wire is for a pressure switch and can be left disconnected as the pressure switch is elsewhere on an A31.

The mounting bolt at the top of the compressor at the back of the engine bay is too short, either replace with a new one or maybe the one from the original R32 will work.

There is an extra part bolted to the R32 one that relocates one of the pipes. This can be unbolted and removed. When you see it it's obvious.

Once you sort those out, it works beautifully.

Edited by Lum

Can't edit my post, but it turns out that the plug is not the wrong one, the aircon bloke made a mistake and didn't realise that half the loom-side plug was still attached.

As for the wire being too short, you can remove a few cable ties and reroute that bit of cable, so no soldering or crimping needed.

If you want roof Racks, these are what i used.

Brand: Prorack and part number is K066 for the Nissan cefiro, 88-94.

They are in the New Zealand Catalogue so will need to be ordered in.

cheers Alex.

• 1 month later...

Guys, so basically, bought my cef with no drivers seat, including seat belt clip (female part) chucked some s15 seats and clips in. Belts don't plug in. I've tried r32, r33, s15, s13, none work. Actual seat belt looks stock (15yr old import, so doubt they'd be changed). Anyone else had a,similar issue? What female part did you use?

what you use is complete belt components, use r32 male and female and it will work, you can't mix and match the male from one car to a female from another

if you have a full set then try it out, if not just get r32 ones they will fit but who knows what other ones can fit

edit

CRAP, you posted in the wrong section and you fooled me too >_<

Edited by Dan_J

• 2 weeks later...

FRONT STRUT BRACE CONFIRMED

so needing a front strut brace i bought a pair for s13 on ebay from seller n*power. now there isnt 100% confirmed info out there so i just figured i'd test fit it and make it work.

so the braces arrived and i did fit up the front one to get an idea on where it was fouling. i noticed the section that holds the bar on was somewhat offset ( see pic sb3 ) so what i did was unbolt the bar from the two mounting points and bolt them on so that the offset was closer to the firewall. now bit made a good difference but i could see that is was just fouling on the throttle cable mount.

i put the bar covered in a rag and some soft wood ,to cushion the clamping marks, on a bench vice which is obviously bolted to a bench. got a 1 meter RHS post i hand laying around and bent it slightly. bolted it back on, adjusted the bar now being shorter due to the bend and it all fits. you can see the bend on the drivers side as its higher.

pics below

post-24514-0-99050500-1317372187_thumb.jpg

post-24514-0-26249900-1317372236_thumb.jpg

post-24514-0-04980100-1317372255_thumb.jpg

post-24514-0-48327200-1317372275_thumb.jpg

post-24514-0-52510300-1317372299_thumb.jpg

post-24514-0-38247100-1317372312_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan_J

Since the other thread turned into a free-for-all whorehouse which never got updated, let's start again. I'm also breaking parts down into catagories for easier finding.

Use your browsers search function to search this page, usually its CTRL+F.

Please, for the love of God, keep the chit chat out of this one, if you have questions, search the forum, if you still have a question, post a thread.

This took me a few hours to write up and filter out all the bullshit, I have removed SOME parts from the original list to prevent confusion, I have also ADDED some parts to the list, and specifically added alot of AWD parts compatibility.

As usual, post CONFIRMED parts only, please state exactly what it is from, and what it will fit.

Link to source thread, here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/A3...ist-t93523.html

Confirmed parts list for:

A31 Cefiro (1988 - 1994)

C33 Laurel (1988 - 1994 (LHD 1988 - 1997))

INTERIOR / ELECTRONICS

=======================================================================

Air-Con Dryer Condenser

A32 Maxima/A32 Cefiro (1995-1998)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boss Kit

S13 Silvia (1989-1994) (NON-HICAS Model)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Centre Console

(HERE: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ce...centre+console)

R3x Skyline

Handbrake Lever

R32 Skyline (1989 - 1994)

Handbrake / Gear shifter leather boots

R32 Skyline (1989 - 1994)*

*requires slight modification, unknown

Power Window Mechanism

R32 Skyline 4 Door (1989 - 1994)*

(Suggested the rears may not work, discussion, HERE: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/A3...6#entry1966766)

Genuine Nissan Part Number (Cefiro Specific) (Driver's Side)

# 25424-71L00

Power Window Relay

Bluebird (unknown generation, year, "its the one with the SSS variant)

Seat Belts

A32 Maxima (1995 - 1997)*

*After 1997, A32s came with pre-tensioners

Seats

Front

R33 Skyline (1993 - 1998)

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994) (requires slight modification to holes on rail)

Rear

R32 Skyline 4-DOOR ONLY (1989 - 1994)

DRIVETRAIN / ENGINE

Alternator

VL Commodore (1986 - 1988) (RB motors only)

R31 Skyline (1985 - 1989)

Air Intake Box w/ Cold Air Snorkel

Air Flow Metre

Z32 300ZX (1989 - 2000)

Same plug and direct fit, Naturally aspirated models will equal a direct fit, however the twin turbo models will require a fuel remap / tune. T/T models provide best known signal to ECU and are very sought after

Cradle

RWD Cefiro/Laurel

Front - N/A

Rear - R32 Skyline (1989 - 1994)

AWD Cefiro/Laurel

Front - R32 Skyline GTS4/GTR (1989 - 1994) *

Rear - R32 Skyline GTS4/GTR (1989 - 1994) *

* This also acts as a 5 stud hub upgrade, different pattern diff, etc

Crossmember

(AWD - R32 Skyline GTS4/GTR)

Differential

RWD

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994)

R180 (Open Centre)

R200 (Limited Slip)

Drive Shafts

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994)

Exhaust

Manifold - RB20DET Standard item

Dump Pipe - RB20DET Standard item

Cat/back - no known direct replacement

Gearbox

Replacement

RWD - RB20, R32 Skyline GTST (1989 - 1994)

AWD - RB20, R32 Skyline GTS4/GTR (1989 - 1994)

Upgrade (info on what is required, HERE: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...ff-t103164.html, and HERE: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...4#entry1898084)

RWD - RB25, R33 Skyline GTST

AWD - RB25, R33 Skyline GTS4/GTR (1993 - 1998)

Gearbox Crossmember

(http://www.skylinesa...er-t145192.html)

RWD

Manual - CA/SR Manual

Auto - R32 Skyline MANUAL (1989 - 1994)

AWD :action-smiley-069:

I run a R33, GTR, Gearbox in my 93, A31 Cefiro SE 4, We used the original A31 se4 Auto 4WD Cross Member, A small modification

Also the original Auto Drive Shaft bold straight in perfect fit and length for the GTR Gearbox :spank:

Half Shafts

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994

Intercooler

Front Mount

No known direct fit, usually requires cutting+shutting of reo bar (which is illegal), and R32 Skyline piping will fit with some cutting

Side Mount

Skyline R34 GT-T (1998 - 2002) (Requires some slight modification)

Radiator

R32 Skyline (1989 - 1994

Radiator Shroud

Speedo Cable

VL Commodore (1986 - 1988)

Water Pump

Standard RB Item

SUSPENSION / HANDLING

Brake Calipers

No known direct replacement, SR20DET brakes may fit if you use rotors as well.

Brake Lines

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994)

Brake Master Cylinder

R32 Skyline (1989-1994)

Brake Pads

Bendix Part Number:

DB1144 - REAR

DB1485 - FRONT

Handbrake Shoes (http://www.skylinesa...es-t132015.html)

Skyline R32 (1989 - 1994)

Skyline R33 (1993 - 1998)

Silvia S14 (unconfirmed)

Brake Rotors

No known direct replacement without redrilling other models

Clutch Master Cylinder

Clutch Pedal Box

Coilovers

RWD Cefiro/Laurel - S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994) * *

AWD Cefiro/Laurel - R32 Skyline GTS4/GTR (1989 - 1994)

*(stronger spring rates recommended to conpensate for extra weight of longer chassis/RB motor)

*(be advised that distance from strut tower to knuckle assembly base is SHORTER in S13, so if you can, aquire longer bases if ordering S13 specific coilovers, and that standard S13 springs/shocks usually sit the vehicle below legal height)

Handbrake Cable

R32 Skyline (1989 - 1994) *

* Hit and miss again, some claim only 2 door, some claim only 4 door, some claim neither fits.

Might be best to get one custom made for around $100 - $200 mark.

Lower Control Arms

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994)

Radius Rods

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994

Steering

Box

S13 180SX (1989 - 1994)

Rack & Pinion

S13 180SX (1989 - 1994)

Strut Brace Front + Rear

RWD Cefiro/Laurel

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994)*

AWD Cefiro/Laurel

R32 Skyline GTS4/GTR (1989 - 1994)

* Hit and miss, if possible, find a brace that runs back and along the firewall, as some braces will NOT clear the RB motor (or if they do, not allow the bonnet to close)

Swaybar

Replacement

(inc. brackets, bushes, bolts, links, etc)

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994)

Upgrade

R32 Skyline GTR (1989 - 1994)

AWD A31 :action-smiley-069:

I run R32 GTR TEIN Adjustable's on my A31, SE 4. Jamind

Tie Rod Ends

(http://www.skylinesa...32-t135991.html)

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994)

A32 Maxima/Cefiro (1995 - 1998)

Wheel Hubs

RWD Cefiro/Laurel

S13 Silvia (1989 - 1994)

AWD Cefiro/Laurel

R32 Skyline GTS4 (1989 - 1994)

Also R32, GTR, Hubs fit, For the rear i also put the GTR,,LSD, Locker 4.1 Diff into my A31, SE4 as the original rear Axles are a 5 bolt and GTR are a 6 bolt at the diff head. :action-smiley-069:

BODY

Door Hinges

Front Spoiler Lip

(http://www.skylinesa...ip-t124902.html)

S13 180SX (1989 - 1994 (turned upside down)

Fuel Lid Spring

U12 Pintara (1989 - 1992)

Sunroof

No known direct replacement

MAINTANCENCE / SERVICING

Coilpacks

CA18DET / RB20 (Red-top)

Oil Filter

Standard RB item

Fuel Filter

Standard RB Item

OTHER

Stereo Wiring

http://www.installdr...ssan-Wiring.pdf

RB25DET Engine Upgrade

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...ro-t128658.html

Wheels and Offset

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/A3...up-t143026.html

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ce...et-t131425.html

Fuse Box Layout

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/A3...amp;hl=fuse+box

Edited by jamind

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ignitor = Z32 , i haven't started it yet but it plugs straight in :)

Can confirm it's the same. In fact, Nissan USA did a recall of it, and replaced it with this puppy:

$(KGrHqIOKiIE4orfF6u6BOTuhqgEJQ~~48_12.JPG

part number "22020-97E25" which is a kit containing a newer ignitor module, a conversion harness (from that shithouse wire clip thing that always goes twangggg and flies somewhere into your engine bay never to be found again) and a mounting bracket to lift it away from the engine and cool it. Whole thing goes for about $170 brand new in the US.

Oh and the coils are all the same as a CA18DE/T. The whole fuckin engine is out of an R31 GTS-R if you want to put it in terms the local nissan shops can understand, so all the bolt on parts are the same.