SAU Community

All The Small Things

i have gone out and got an r33 gtst series 2 1997 with 127km's on it for 8700bucks :bunny: , comes with catback and profec 2 b gready turbo timer and boost controler

im pretty damn happy with it at that price as it was hard to find even medium condition r33 series 1's for that price

i have come up with a list that i hope will expand of things i want to do to my car, things which are small but add to the awsomness

-brake light LED that says skyline

-chasing LED's for tail lights

-make custom ipod dock

-LED parker lights or LED strip at the bottom like those on R8

-LED manual shift that changes from green to red for perfect changes

-tint windows

-custom air intake

-larger bonnet over hang over the lights to give a more aggresive look

-LED cluster lights

-roof lining black

-dash color back to black

-change where the boost and turbo timer sit

-put my 15inch alpine sub into boot

-paint rims

-change speakers

-clean fabric on door trim or just paint it

-color front dimister

-cut and polish around the insides of doors and boot, bonnet

-spray paint brake calipers

the things which need to be fixed

-clean cannon

-exhaust is scraping

-slight back window leak

-make the door seals clean and black

-vaccum

-door trim rattle

-parcel shelf carpet needs to be cut for speakers

-engine tick( possibly just something minor)

-steering wheel sqeak( almost never happens )

-front lights are yellowing

-tail light indicator has condensation

soon i will be looking at increasing the performance by spending 900bucks or so getting high flow cat and dump pipe dont reckon i can afford nismo ecu tune just yet

down the track i want to get the wide body kit for my r33 but keep it clean with out all of the crap that makes it look ricey

if any one actualy reads this it would be good to here some feed back on any ideas, or ways of doing things i have listed

here are some pictures

post-74131-1277218588_thumb.jpg

post-74131-1277218641_thumb.jpg

post-74131-1277218676_thumb.jpg

welcome aboard and good luck with your projects

have a look in the DIY section and Fabrication areas for ideas regarding the more common things - light up skyline light and replcaing bulbs in aircon units etc etc

i had some trouble painting my door trims black, i was told to use VHT VYNLE DYE and its shit house, pachy black everywhere, will have to buy some normal vynle paint and go over it again

i did how ever put in some LED's into my cluster which il put up some pics altho its hard to decided what color i like. might even consider buying one of those professionaly done led clusters which seemed to have turned out much better than mine

i have also painted the plastic which restes under the wiper's on the bonnet, which has come up fantastic looking new

my dash has now been panted back to origional black and my cluster is now a nice dark red ( i love my black and red themes as you can see from my ford http://s972.photobucket.com/home/paulos92)

cleaned up my front lights as they were yellow although im using an iphone to take the photos so you can see any diffrence between dirty and clean although i have noticed at night with my lights on there are massive scratchs which look to be on the inside

night shade on my side indicators( almost black )

soon to night shade my front indicators, they look like lego to me

i have painted the front dimister red now which is a nice touch

i have plans to get my car a after market dump pipe and highflow cat and hoepfully get my boost controller worked out as i have no idea what im doing but apparently i can get my car up to 14psi because its the series 2 whether or not this is true im uncertain.

pics will go up tomro to show more bits that need changing on the car and bits i have already done

cheers for any ideas

• 2 weeks later...

just finishing of door trims black and red

installed boost guage

installed dump pipe highflow cat and dyno tune made 193rwkw at 10psi im pretty happy as its a safe and powerful tune

photos later today