SAU Community

R32 Gtr Seat Wont Recline

Hi guys,

I've got a GTR and the drivers seat with lever forward, however the reclining knob wont budge.

The seat is therefire stuck in a reclined position (little too far away!).

Has anyone experienced this?

Yep, happened to me the other week after putting the seat back in after 2 year lol..

Push the seat forward and recline it as if you were trying to get into the back seat. then twist the knob all the way (cant remember which way though). Pull the seat back into normal position and it should come good.

sounds like a job for WD40 :miner:

Good old WD40 - its good for everything!

I've tried turning the knob whilst the seat is in the forward position - and it wont budge - think I will try pulling it apart.

Has anyone done this? I dont want to stuff it up and be without a seat!!! If not I'll get someone to weld it in place!

Yep, happened to me the other week after putting the seat back in after 2 year lol..

Push the seat forward and recline it as if you were trying to get into the back seat. then twist the knob all the way (cant remember which way though). Pull the seat back into normal position and it should come good.

Just as J'z-R33 said.

move the backrest forward, whilst in the forward position, wind the knob all the way - then its fixed!

Cheers

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I’ve just discovered that my passenger R32 GTR seat won’t recline, or come up, as the twist knob seems solidly stuck. I’ve tried to move it once I’ve ‘unlocked’ the seat from its position (as if I’m allowing someone in the rear seats), and tried to turn it then, but no luck. Any thoughts?? I know it used to work perfectly.