SAU Community

Do you think R34's would sell in Australia?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd get a 34 if they were cheaper,

As for the EVO's, I'll skip, , it's summed up pretty well like this:

"Evos are small, ugly, and when tricked out look stupid. Spending a lot of money on something like an Evo seems like dressing a mule in an evening gown. No manner how much much you spend on the dress, the mule is still ugly, and really looks

stupid in a dress."

Evo 6's look mint i reckon... but just my opinion...

anywho... how much are you guys planning on charging for compliance for R34 GT-T's? I'm looking to start the whole process at the end of Feb. Do u think there will be a few workshops ready by then?

cheers.

To start Chaser's will be complyied at a fair price next month.

Stagea is available now, I have one on the way.

R34's compliance will be avialable in Sydney in about 4 weeks, past all inspections just waiting for RAWS approval.

Either way if all GTR's are not covered on one pack who is going to pay $9,000 for evidence and $1,500 extra a year to do V-Spec.

R34 evidence is avialable from some companys but a customer of mine just waited over 12 months for Chaser and Stagea to be sorted and it wasnt only because of ADR 29. If you use Heath's evidence you should be fine.

The final price you will pay for any car depends on the price in Japan, R33's able to come in and be complyied straight away without sourcing to many parts are not cheap as everybody is trying to bid on them.

R34's are quite well priced at the moment but when good evidence comes on line and people start importing them the price will go up.

EVO 7 should be on line soon as it will also cover EVO 8 as the ECU gearbox and front are the only difference when it comes to ADR's. A friend is updating his which is how I know.

Dont rush in and book a plate or let someody use your car as a test car unless you would trust them with your wife, a couple of test cars have been sitting around for over a year now. Let the workshop use their money.

R34 Non turbo's can come in but have to be 2.5 not 2 lt and the RAWS has to have the emision test for that vehicle.

Only vehicles with the features listed below satisfy this entry

Engine: RB25DE, RB25DET, RB26DETT

They should be on line in 4 to 5 weeks.

This is the link to find out who has what.

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/rawswebpublic/rawpubmain.asp

$30k gohan thats what he said anyway

i better bloody hope not! $30k for compliance is tad steep!! :P I was just referring to the compliance cost chaos, eg, 33's under the old scheme were about $2.5K for compliance. So i was just trying to see what the cost of 34 compliancing would be, any ideas for those here who have workshops, or connected with the industry?

cheers.

Gohan.

Last person I spoke to (3 months ago) regarding R34 plates said they were going to charge around $4,000 + GST + tyres (the workshop will remain nameless in case they have changed their pricing or I mis-heard). However very recently they told me that most of their 100 plates have already been spoken for even before they have their R34s on line so this price could rise if the plates become scarce.

I am at the final stage of RAWS certification (FORS / DoTaRS audit) with V8 Soarers as my test car and I am still unsure what to charge in order to remain competitve, but also cover the huge cost of maintaining ISO certification as there are no avenues to take the short cuts (not that I would) which allowed many dodgy operators to charge $2,500 under the old scheme (the very people and practices which gave DoTaRS a 'legitimate' reason to introduce the draconian measures called 'SEVS' and 'RAWS'). As a result, compliance under RAWS will always be more expensive than it was under the old scheme.

I have heard of some RAWS charging rediculous prices for compliance at present but once more participant come online the prices should become more reasonable.

Hope that helps.

To do RX7 you need evidence but the only workshop that has it wont sell it and the cars are expensive in Japan.

A lot of people have orders in for R34 evidence packs as the price in Japan is coming down and their will be popular demand.

You put cars on your list that will sell not cars that you think are cool and wonder if people will buy them.

How much all up for an RX-7 then?  

Most of the ones on sale atm go for between 35-45k, which is severly overpriced for a 11 year old car! heck, add on 10k and you can get a new Rx-8 in half the cases!

Late 99 RX7's are currently retailed from $40,000 for 50,000 klm+ example, 2000 from $50,000 for under 20,000klm cars to $62,000 for 2002 models.

I have been in one Bathurst R example with 800 klm, the delivery plastic was still all over the car.

I see 1992/94 series 6's selling for more than a 2000 model series 8.

Do your research you will find them or PM me with your email address and what you want..

Is there big demand right now for reserving plates for the cars that have never been seen on Australian soil under the new SEVs?

Like, are people flocking to line up for Chasers and Stageas? Cos they are both really really kewl cars!!! Hope with the restricted compliance plates they remain a rare and exclusive car

Do not put a cent down to resreve a plate to start with.

Chasers have been avialable for a while but the first company wanted $10,000 per vehicle so quess what the answer for that is.

This link can show you who has what.

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/rawswebpublic/rawpubmain.asp

3 workshops already have Stagea and CAM over here in Perth have RX7, Stagea and I know it will be $4,500 for 100 series Chaser, I will get a Stagea complyied by them soon, he sells the cars but will comply other peoples cars.

4500 sounds a little bit more reasonable for a JZX100 Chaser. How much is the Stagea compliance? I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but what are the variants of Stagea? I know there are 4wd and twin turbo RB26DETT ones.... Newest model Stagea looks wicked. Would be awesome for a family car, chaser included.

SCREW THE AVALON!!!