SAU Community

I'm importing...

noise

yo

I’m importing a 97 gts-t skyline spec II type m, I wonder if anyone who has imported before had any problems and/or know of anything I should watch out for? Some of my friends have said the stereo will probably go missing? Seems like some sort of urban myth to me, could the wharf guys really get away with that sort of behavior? Also is it likely it will get dented or scratched while on the ship?

Yeah so any advice, opinion or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

(I realise i have double posted but i think i would get more responses here)

Imported mine bout 5 months ago thru Prestige. Came on a big http://www.kiwicar.com/ boat that has insurance included. Insurance commences from when the car is loaded to when the car is trans to compliancers i think.

U need to know whats on/in the car to begin with. Also arrange to see the car at the wharves give it a going over to make sure everythings there no damage cos if u need to make a claim u need to do it asap. Also this way u can make sure compliancers dont take anything.

There business relies on delivering cars in good cond otherwise they'd go out of business. But thats a bit of a generalisation.

• 6 months later...

I have my R34 currently sitting at the Brisbane docks, has been there since July 17th :) - I pray nothing has happened to it, and nothing has been stolen. I actually have some items in the boot, which supposedly were chained up before they left Japan but have yet to confirm that. If they are stolen, can i report this to the police?

My car came with KIWI too, so i've got insurance for the headunit in the car, etc. But i don't think it covers the items in the boot. Hopefully it was all chained/padlocked up *fingers crossed*

Hi Guys..............I imported my R33 GTS-T 95 model and a couple things went missing the boost guage and the gear knob............thankfully the stero system and headunit were still there but yeah i went via Kiwi at the moment still waiting for a response to my claim............get all the auctions reports and make sure you know what is in your car take pictures if you can or get the people over seas to scan it and send it to you...........but yes whafies have very very sticky fingers and 9/10 something is missing. Hope this helps Good luck to ya mate. Oh in the event that there is damage on your car that wasn't there orginally you have to get two quotes and send it to Kiwi carriers and they will send the money to the cheapest quote and your car will get fixed...............thank god mine didn't have any damage..............but get those auction reports ASAP.

My car got ripped royale!! took the MD/CD head unit, gear knob, skyline floor mats, driving lights and my rear speakers were torn out of the parcel shelf (ruined that also). The front spoiler copped a few hits here and there and cracked the lip. The warfies are very dodgy individuals.

I used kiwi car carriers also. didnt get anything on insurance coz they said i couldnt prove it happend on the boat despite the fact i had pics of it before it got loaded. Its a big crock of shit.

Prepare yourself for a let down........

Containers are the Way people, may cost more, but u can fill em up with all sorts of goodies (turbos, wheels, coolers) and nothin gets flogged coz they are not allowed to open it unless u are there. Also u can fit 4 cars in some containers!

Good luck.

Haro

Yea. But I've also heard stories about things falling down inside containers and hitting the car. Just imagine a big can of paint hits puts a nice ding in bonnet and lo the car has a pink bonnet.

Sorry to hear bout the losses from those dodgy wharfies. WTF can we do about that - absolutely nothing i bet. Dammit!

my car is stock as a rock, so i am *hoping* (but could be wrong! :rofl:) that there is nothing worth stealing.. not even a stock stereo to remove.

I wouldn't say performance would be that exhilirating that they'll want to thrash it around the yard anyhow. I don't they're going to be going "hey snake, pst... lets go take that stock skyline for a drive.. " when there are several hyped up GTR sitting next to it.