SAU Community

Wheels For V36 Sedan

hey all,

my v36 sedan is currently at the compliance workshop so it won't be long now - yay!

in the mean time, i am trying to organise some new rims. it's a my2007 type sp so the stock rims are 18x7.5 (FR) and 18x8.5 (RR). my questions are:

- any ideas what i could go comfortably up to?

- will 20s be too large? are tyres easility available?

- how wide can i go?

- will i need different widths to match? eg 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears

any help would be appreciated. actual experience would be even better.

thanks for reading.

...sykryd

20's are fine. Yes they are easily available.

i went for a 20X9.5 +15 front 20X10.5 +18 rear on my coupe, which is *very* aggressive offset.

widths, sizing, and offset is all dependant on how you want the car to sit.

IMO the "stance" (offset & widths) is just as important as actual wheel design choice.

check out http://www.rimtuck.com and searching for a infiniti g37 sedan for some sizing / pics.

Edited by loz-tuned

thanks for the link. thats a great looking website. i couldn't find anything under g37 sedan, but i did find a couple of 19s under g35 sedan.

your set up must look awesome. i can't believe how wide you've gone - 2inches over (my) stock!! i'd love to see some pics if you have them. also, do you have a (4 door) sedan or the coupe?

20s are nice but as mad mike pointed out u will lose a bit of ride comfort. Check my topics, I have a set of 19s that would suit your sedan nicely if u want to preserve the classy, euro look instead of race look.

• 1 month later...
hey all,

my v36 sedan is currently at the compliance workshop so it won't be long now - yay!

in the mean time, i am trying to organise some new rims. it's a my2007 type sp so the stock rims are 18x7.5 (FR) and 18x8.5 (RR). my questions are:

- any ideas what i could go comfortably up to?

- will 20s be too large? are tyres easility available?

- how wide can i go?

- will i need different widths to match? eg 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears

any help would be appreciated. actual experience would be even better.

thanks for reading.

...sykryd

Sorry bit of topic dont the 2007 SP models come with 19 standard? mine did but its now causing me problems now with complaince, for some reason they were complanced with 18s.

Sorry bit of topic dont the 2007 SP models come with 19 standard? mine did but its now causing me problems now with complaince, for some reason they were complanced with 18s.

sedan or coupe? coupes come in stock 19s, sedans come in stock 18s. mine is a sedan.

who is doing your compliance? if they are stock rims, i don't see how it would have any compliance issues. might be harder to get the right tyre placard.

got pics of your rims/car?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I have 22s on mine 2008 v36 SP. I am looking for anyone who has the Stock 19s as I sold mine to the shop when I got the 22s. I am interested in a swap for the 22s aswell, Just really want to 19s back.

If anyone is interested pls PM me and we can come to some sort of deal

Cheers