SAU Community

Wheels For V36 Sedan

ok, i have found the 20s i want.. Vossen VVS-CV1..

vossen_vvs-cv1.jpg

skyline_vossen_01.jpg

skyline_vossen_02.jpg

some more pics..

l_G1020107419746.jpg

l_LI201074191055.jpg

l_LI2010810154627.jpg

l_G820108921421.jpg

l_LI2010729164053.jpg

l_G8201078195318.jpg

i know everyone here was gunning for works, and i do like works. in fact these are the ones that i was looking at:

work_vs-rs.jpg

but honestly, i have to say i am feeling the vossens more. they suit the look i am after, especially with the infiniti badging (that american/japanese vip style). i originally wanted dish, but now i'm a bit over it. i'm going to bring the concave look back!

..thoughts?

Edited by SyKRyD

ok, i need some help with the offsets guys. the fronts will be 9" and the rears will be 10.5". i am looking for an aggressive stance. something like what the g37 coupe has above. any experience with what offsets i need to run with these widths? from what i read in myg37.com, this car is running +27 (FR) and +39 (RR):

l_G12010423151632.jpg

Love those wheels!!!

Who sells them in Aus???

What sort of dollars are they?

a bit hard to find in aus. when i contact vossen in usa, they directed me to a distributor in nz. luckily i found tyrepower in hawthorn who stock vossens (and work, rays, etc). nice guys who are more like car geeks than people running a business :P

Niiice! Will easily fit, tire shop here test fitted 22x9s on my M35 with plenty of clearence. (Not lowered though)

As for offset, i'm running +20 on a 18x9.5, with a 235/45/18 tire, and they stick out of the guards, which is why im running a stretched tire (illegal to have tread out of guard), so you'll probably wana run +30 depending on tire size.

DSC00363.jpg

Also, any reason you wana run different size front/rear? Pain in in the ass and expensive, as you can't rotate tires..

Edited by JayM35

Don't have a choice.. Skylines run a staggered set up. Google tells me that I will mess up the drive system if I don't keep this. Also I want the width for the concave in the back.

Hmm weird. I know running different size wheels/tires messes with 4WD, which is why GTRs are all same wheel size... Why would V35 be any diff?

• 1 month later...

the rims finally rocked up to our shores (from the us) and i picked then up a couple of weeks ago. thought i'd post up some picks. be kind, im a bit of a noob with photography.

DSC_0962.JPG

DSC_0953.JPG

DSC_0957.JPG

DSC_0960.JPG

DSC_0970.JPG

DSC_0967.JPG

DSC_0976.JPG

DSC_0980.JPG

DSC_0985.JPG

DSC_0994.JPG

next on the list, some coilovers and rear camber arms.

big <3 to hawthorn tyrepower.

Edited by SyKRyD

the rims finally rocked up to our shores (from the us) and i picked then up a couple of weeks ago. thought i'd post up some picks. be kind, im a bit of a noob with photography.

DSC_0962.JPG

DSC_0953.JPG

DSC_0957.JPG

DSC_0960.JPG

DSC_0970.JPG

DSC_0967.JPG

DSC_0976.JPG

DSC_0980.JPG

DSC_0985.JPG

DSC_0994.JPG

next on the list, some coilovers and rear camber arms.

big <3 to hawthorn tyrepower.

woahh!!! awesome vossens! love the concave look

do you get any scrapings against ur fenders or did u already cut and scrape them back?

looking at a v36 coupe myself and the vossens is defintely on my list to get

No issues at all. Clears on all sides without any mods at all. Not even a rougher ride like I was expecting.

Just need to improve the stance a bit.

I think the coupes clear even better than the sedans so you should be right.

Edited by SyKRyD

No issues at all. Clears on all sides without any mods at all. Not even a rougher ride like I was expecting.

Just need to improve the stance a bit.

I think the coupes clear even better than the sedans so you should be right.

Cheers

thanks for that, you mind me asking how mcuh you pay for them rims?

btw quick question the v36's being so rare here, did anyone manage to test drive one before they brought or did they jsut jump striaght in and got it imported?

Cheers

btw quick question the v36's being so rare here, did anyone manage to test drive one before they brought or did they jsut jump striaght in and got it imported?

No need to test drive, they are an awesome motor car!! :D

Yea I have to agree. It's an awesome car. No need to test drive - I didn't. All you need is to be impressed with the spec sheet and photos, coz you won't be dissappointed when you get the actual car. It's basically a 335i with Lexus looks at half the price.

Yea I have to agree. It's an awesome car. No need to test drive - I didn't. All you need is to be impressed with the spec sheet and photos, coz you won't be dissappointed when you get the actual car. It's basically a 335i with Lexus looks at half the price.

does anyone know if the suspensions on the coupe type P and S are the same?

i know the P's come with 18" stock and the S with 19" stock

Wow I had no idea someone else had a black V36 in Victoria, thought I was the only one! Looks nice BTW.

Agree with what you've said too, looked at a BMW 335 and laughed at the price, not worth it. It does handle better and is marginally quicker too, but not worth double the price tag IMO. Especially when you compare what they pay in the US for an Infiniti and BMW, which are only $3,000 apart, not the $30,000+ extra that you pay here.

I test drove a V36 and my mind was made up immediately, even drove all the way from Melbourne to Sydney (and back) to get it. What does that tell you? :D

Yeah, I got mine in may. Do you live in the south east? I've had people on other forums "spot" me around dandy, only it wasn't me. Haha. The only other black v36 sedan I've seen drove past me on princess highway at the westall road turn off. But that was months ago.

Yeah, I got mine in may. Do you live in the south east? I've had people on other forums "spot" me around dandy, only it wasn't me. Haha. The only other black v36 sedan I've seen drove past me on princess highway at the westall road turn off. But that was months ago.

Yep, live in the south-east here (pretty close to Dandenong as well). Thing is I've only had the car for around 2 months now, so not sure if it's me you're seeing?

Probably seeing me out towards Narre Warren/Berwick I take it? I'd rarely be in Dandy, unless I'm driving through!