SAU Community

Mike's Engine Build

Gav's car with similar spec to yours pumped out around 560 at the very least. Then he added e85 conversion.. so a theoretical guess would be around the 600+ mark.

I think you should get a 14mm rail conversion and some 14mm injectors for less price than the hks ones, plus you can then go e85 later for that extra ~10% in power increase just from a retune.. Cheapest investment/performance ratio for sure..

I am not looking to smashing numbers with this engine.

I want it to last for 5-6 years, without having to worry about it.

500 -525 at the wheels will be more than enough.

Plus I bought Gav's old injectors hahhaha

hasn't he done some really hard km's on his motor since it was built, 3+ years ago? If its tuned well, surely it'd last if the engine is built properly.

E85 should increase torque over the entire range, sounds fun indeed for track.

May as well go hard and enjoy it haha

Edited by s2d4

500 -525 at the wheels will be more than enough.

You say that now :D

I'm assuming Ant's building yours as well? You won't be disappointed, that package is a perfect track setup.

I'm also in the middle of doing a 2.8L also although I used Pauter rods same as Gav and my crank came from the UK.

So who are you using for your engine builder and machinist?

R

Ant at X-Speed is building the motor.

Machinist is via LF, Ant's recommendation

Who's LF?

Ants going to build it, that will deff be a machine. With Ant doing it must around 30K+ easy.

Hope to see more pics. Are you doing any modifications to the STD gearbox, brakes, clutch etc?

What compression are you going for?

Turbo configuration? Have you decided on a cam duration and lift yet?

R

Hey Mike,

Yes the 2.8L bug finally got you too. Good choice in acquiring the HKS Step 2 kit, combined with -5s should make for some real fun!

Hmm... E85? I wonder what Racepace can do with E85 tune in my car.... Instant 105 increase in power across the whole rev range with proper tune and same hardware, sound too good to be true.... need to do more research.

Cheers

Matt

Who's LF?

Ants going to build it, that will deff be a machine. With Ant doing it must around 30K+ easy.

Hope to see more pics. Are you doing any modifications to the STD gearbox, brakes, clutch etc?

What compression are you going for?

Turbo configuration? Have you decided on a cam duration and lift yet?

R

Probably LF Performance.

No matter who builds the engine it's going to cost and Ant is the man in Perth when it comes to these engines. Do it once and do it properly!!

Rob have you still not built your thing yet?? I remember talking to you back in 2007 and though you were pretty close then.

He is using -5's.

Hey John,

Few things in between have got in the way of my build. Also My car is getting a bare metal respray as well, so its taken a while to get all the rubbers together etc etc etc

Even getting R34 GTR dump pipes have proven to be near on impossible. So at the moment trying to coordinate rebuild on motor and shell respray.

Anyways I will subscribe to this build to see how it progress's.

Rob

Probably LF Performance.

No matter who builds the engine it's going to cost and Ant is the man in Perth when it comes to these engines. Do it once and do it properly!!

Rob have you still not built your thing yet?? I remember talking to you back in 2007 and though you were pretty close then.

He is using -5's.

Pity you weren't paying attention to the for sales forum a few weeks back, I had a spare set.

Hey John,

Few things in between have got in the way of my build. Also My car is getting a bare metal respray as well, so its taken a while to get all the rubbers together etc etc etc

Even getting R34 GTR dump pipes have proven to be near on impossible. So at the moment trying to coordinate rebuild on motor and shell respray.

Anyways I will subscribe to this build to see how it progress's.

Rob

Sorry for the lack of activity gents,

Currently on a course.

Finish up next Friday.

Currently sourcing more parts and I believe that the Block is now at the machinist

• 3 weeks later...