SAU Community

The Best Of Both Worlds..

Ever wanted the engine of one car in the body of another...I know you have

So the topic here is what 2 cars would really like to merge together if you you had all the tools and equipment at your disposal..

I have always wanted to merger these 2

subaru-impreza-wrx.jpg

n742680178_1230229_3527.jpg

I call it the VWRX !!!

Somehow we put the Wrx motor in the back, should fit pretty easy, and plenty of room for another diff in the front, then we just change the gearbox ratios so it has 5 reverse speed s and one forward and wallah!

Something like that anyway, so let your imaginations fly and if anyone is awesome at photoshop please do what i cant... :whistling:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ever wanted the engine of one car in the body of another...I know you have

So the topic here is what 2 cars would really like to merge together if you you had all the tools and equipment at your disposal..

I have always wanted to merger these 2

subaru-impreza-wrx.jpg

n742680178_1230229_3527.jpg

I call it the VWRX !!!

Somehow we put the Wrx motor in the back, should fit pretty easy, and plenty of room for another diff in the front, then we just change the gearbox ratios so it has 5 reverse speed s and one forward and wallah!

Something like that anyway, so let your imaginations fly and if anyone is awesome at photoshop please do what i cant... ;)

i've seen a wrx motor put into a combi. still used the combi gearbox, so was only rwd.

XR6 Turbo engine in an r32/34 GTR would be nice

i was going to say the same thing, but the only 2 issues with the current ford motors is the cast iron bottom end, so lots of weight, and the physical size of the motor (height and length). but they make easy power and have a buttload of torque, so would be fun in a car a few hundred kgs less than a falcon. wheelspin might become something of an issue though, LOL.

^^ Since you said that, I would just leave the R32 / R34 GTR as it is and work on the RB26... :)

+ Cast Iron is fucking tough.

But that's not the point of this thread...

So...

For 1 of my choices, if I had to choose best of both worlds, I would take my Toyota AE71 Corolla and would put in a Nissan CA18DET or SR20DET...

Make a decent drifter.

Then again, I could just buy a S13 or 180SX.

You're all mad.

Meld these three cars together and you have a winner.

The body/chassis of this;

http://singlepill.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/2003-r34.jpg

The engine from this;

http://chevroletcorvettes.net/gallery2/d/23-2/blue+zr1.jpg

Utilising the front diff/sump of this to retain the 4WD :)

http://www.scorpiocars.net/images/Holden/2...oupe%204_11.jpg

Mix and stir, and garnish with a sequential Hollinger.

Edited by Marlin

2JZ into a R32 GTR...

Kidding.

What about 20B (or 26B) rotary into an Evo? Stupid amounts of power, and probably wouldn't upset the cars balance too much.

The seventh level of hell is reserved for those who put other engines in a GT-R.

Lol, yeah because a shorter, much lighter, more than double the capacity, huge horsepower capable, great sounding engine, well, that's just silly huh :yes:

Lol, yeah because a shorter, much lighter, more than double the capacity, huge horsepower capable, great sounding engine, well, that's just silly huh :yes:

2J>RB>Chev. Not get t3h memo?

All gayness aside,

would be good to see a supercharged 1JZ in a hilux for drift.

i've seen a wrx motor put into a combi. still used the combi gearbox, so was only rwd.

Haha, thers one of those old combi utes that belongs to the guy at the VW shop, It often zooms past mein the morning on the way to work, i can take the roundabout pretty hard but i cant keep him, Dunno what hes running in it, but i know its fast..I have seen them with porsche motors too..

Do combis have the box at the front or rear of the engine..

Cause basically what i was thinking is if you took the whole wrx driveline and turned it around and stuck the VW on top....but all the gearing would be backwards, so im a bit confused as to how id make it all work...

Edited by Arthur T3

Lol, yeah because a shorter, much lighter, more than double the capacity, huge horsepower capable, great sounding engine, well, that's just silly huh :)

Hey Marlin,

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment, but I guess my main issue is one of not so much purity but really molesting an otherwise nice car.

You can certainly make gains from the length of the engine itself i guess but I imagine being a large v8 and alloy too that more material would actually be required for the same strength hence the weight would not be a huge differential (without being able to see figures), it goes without saying there are alot of weaknesses inherent with certain engine designs which incorporate alloy.

There is plenty of power to be made from a 2.6 Litre, having huge capacity increases isn't exactly necessary.

In my oppinion not all big capacity 8's sound good, very few do actually, but this doesn't mean others cant like them :yes: That said I have heard a crown with a 1uz with a nice exhaust on it and it sounds magic !

Edited by Nee-san

i always thought about getting an intagra type r and turboing it .

and putting another one in the back to power the rear wheels .

also some douch nugget has put a 2jz in a r32 and made it 4wd

Edited by lachlanw

Hey Marlin,

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment, but I guess my main issue is one of not so much purity but really molesting an otherwise nice car.

You can certainly make gains from the length of the engine itself i guess but I imagine being a large v8 and alloy too that more material would actually be required for the same strength hence the weight would not be a huge differential (without being able to see figures), it goes without saying there are alot of weaknesses inherent with certain engine designs which incorporate alloy.

There is plenty of power to be made from a 2.6 Litre, having huge capacity increases isn't exactly necessary.

In my oppinion not all big capacity 8's sound good, very few do actually, but this doesn't mean others cant like them :) That said I have heard a crown with a 1uz with a nice exhaust on it and it sounds magic !

while the rb26 is a decent motor, it is getting a bit long in the tooth now. it is old technology and there is much nicer engines out there that will make more power reliably with less work. and they will make more power down low.

a 6L LS motor with a turbo hanging off each side would go great. would fry the tyres rather easily as well with the amount of torque it would be putting out. or keeping it in the nissan family, even just a VQ37 from a 370Z with twin turbos, or a vq38 out of a r35 would go well in there. both engines would be lighter than the rb26, probably sit lower and further back in the engine bay, and make good power with good reliability.

a vq38 out of a r35 would go well in there

Isn't that VR38? I thought they designed the car AROUND the engine?

To the dude that said words about hilux for drift, which basically means all utes:

What. Up.

ph_2007_rd09_no044b2.jpg

redhardbody.jpg

pickup-drift-2.jpg

Navara ute, came with a VG30E, easily modified to fit RB engines, VG turbo engines, VQ engines, JayZ engines, or an annoyingly powerful highly-boosted RD28.

Cool in a gay way < Gay in a cool way datsun 720 queen cab.

IMGP47501.jpg

Looks cool as hell here though:

PB276922as1280a2.jpg

While I'm on the topic of mini trucks, I wanna see an EJ22 with quad-throttles under one of these:

noriyaro_odaiba_kei_truck_drifting_005.jpg

C*nts don't know how to use their f**king imagination properly.

Edited by Dorigecko