SAU Community

The Best Of Both Worlds..

bubba - speaking REALISTICALLY i wouldn't do a 3L / 1uzfe conversion to a stagea - it'd be too hard to engineer!

extend your budget further and get a crown wagon ;)

3501073460_95c7ea9548.jpg

1UZFE already inside. heck yeah!

oh and to amend my aristo fetish.. seeing as i allowed myself 25K to build the car - i figure i could stretch the budget to a current model GS300

130_0903_62_z%20body_kits%20vertex_gs.jpg

vertexgs16kv6.jpg

hang on a second..

gs-5.jpg

gs-3.jpg

it's still an aristo :P vertex GS300 front end conversion ... could still be done for about 25K i reckon... 650HP luxo beast with GS300 front. STILL cheaper tan a comodore!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so you want a boxer engine in a VW body hey?

Have you heard of a Porsche?

That would hardly be a VWRX then would it :)

Of course I thought of that but the words budget and Porsche dont really belong in the same sentence, although it has been done many times before, Im yet to see it in AWD ,

I think finding a written off WRX for parts is going to be alot cheaper than finding a Porsche..

Also in a Porsche driveline layout the engine sits further back from the wheels

91120drivetrain2019891246276626.jpg

whereas a suby en engine sits more between the front wheels (insert image here), would be better balanced and wouldnt stick out as much as Porsche engines often do, remember We are changing the whole driveline here not just the engine..You will also find the Early wrx driveline is roughly 2400mm same as the beetle, though with a bit wider track..Also beetles weigh in at around 800kg no doubt the Wrx driveline will add to this considerably but you could keep overall weight close to a tonne..Not that i would build it as a performance car, just for something different...

Found these while googling as well

Ls4 turbo beetle..

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

And the new brumby ute...

Subaru_ImprezaWRX_brat-concept.jpg

Mr. Eps, you want to spend a large a mount of money to build yourself a late model aristo out of a parts from 2 different ones....???

....huh? i don't get what you're asking... i don't want to do that at all!!! or at least not now haha

basically... my sexual fantasy buys me the following:

2000 build lexus GS300

2JZgte engine

single turbo kit

bodykit coilovers rims

vertex front end conversion for current model GS300

=)

Ever wanted the engine of one car in the body of another...I know you have

So the topic here is what 2 cars would really like to merge together if you you had all the tools and equipment at your disposal..

I have always wanted to merger these 2

subaru-impreza-wrx.jpg

n742680178_1230229_3527.jpg...........

I call it the VWRX !!!

Somehow we put the Wrx motor in the back, should fit pretty easy, and plenty of room for another diff in the front, then we just change the gearbox ratios so it has 5 reverse speed s and one forward and wallah!

Something like that anyway, so let your imaginations fly and if anyone is awesome at photoshop please do what i cant... :)

• 1 month later...

I have always wanted a Sr20 in a MX5, apparently its not overly difficult to do, the mx5 would have to have a hard top though because i cant stand convertables! I once drove an MX5 and the handling was amazing but the power was so meh so i think a light tune 220 odd rwkw from a SR in one would be magic!

One of these:

2008-chevrolet-corvette-engine-tmr-ls3.jpg

Into my:

r33junkit3.jpg

Mileage same same, better weight dist, practically the same wieght, far less fussy, same same power and accepts much cheaper fuel so some economy there.

garnish with associated 6sp manual box.

walla~!

edit:: Note, that is not actually my car, mine is also an s2 33 t, but not that one.

Edited by gts-4 dreamer

the WRX/any subbie motor into beetle has been done many a time, boxers are sexy engines. and its a huge boost in power even with a standard engine. seen a few AWD Bugs online, but they are as much beetle as the V8 one thats posted here (not alot)

what ive always wanted to do is rotary my bug. just a nice throaty 13B injected engine would get a 700kg car rocketing along nicely.

otherwise a friend of mine and myself have been talking about an old 2 door XM-XP falcon with a full GTS25T drivetrain. old school cool, with vaguely new power and smoothness.

I did see a rotary bug in a magazine years ago...was pretty quick too from memory and popped wheelies...

Loving that XP idea too, wouldn't be too hard either,

Im trying to convince my bro in law to put a JZ motor in his VJ charger, but his heart seems set on an old hemi, but to do what he wants with triple webbers and all costs a packet for not alot of reward, and it would probably end up with a supra box anyways so i reckon a nice turbo JZ to match could kick ass for the same outlay and upset the purists... :P

Edited by Arthur T3