SAU Community

Project Im Working On - Automation A "car Tycoon" Game

daffyflyer

Just been watching a few of the video's on this look forward to seeing the final product.

how detailed will the international marketing be? ie, costs of creating LHD and RHD vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...

We've started preorders to support development!

Go to Project: Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game | RocketHub if you wish to preorder.

Not only to you get the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting us to get Automation done better and faster, you also save $10 off the final price and get access to extra content when the demo comes out

(When we release the demo it will be limited to Inline 4 hatchbacks, but those of you who've preordered will get access to everything as we finish it)

Please spread the word about this to anyone you know who might like it, if this does well Automation could be done a lot quicker and to a higher standard :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I was, its cool to build engines etc...well thats all you can do now...build...stick them on a dyno and pull the string....not enough options for me

just 0-100 sliders for the cam(s), ignition timing and fueling, no options for head port sizes or valve sizes or fine tuning anything

so you get, bore and stroke, block/head material, valvetrain type (OHV/OHC etc etc) compression ratio, carb/injection, manifold type(# of throttle bodies/carbs) but no choice on carb/throttle body size, 4 different header types, 3 mufflers and incremental exhaust diameters and aformentioned sliders to "tune" the engine.

For me, I would like to have a way or setting a fuel/timing curve at least, they used to have seperate options for cam lift and duration, but they dumbed it down

looks like im off to spend 800 bucks on the latest version of Dynomation or similar

but the graphics man....its about as good as gearhead garage

• 2 weeks later...

I was just about to make my own post to spread the news of this

looks like a cool project and some might not be aware that its on Steam under the greenlight section

Currently only sitting on 1% of needed votes or however the system there works

Just had a play and will probably pre-order it when i get paid next

So yeah, everyone should bump it up on Steam so the guys get it on steam and all the nerds buy it and they make it awesome!

• 3 years later...

thread dig. this is still around. and still in pre-release. I enjoyed the engine building a lot (must be almost 2 years ago now) and the game has changed a lot since then with car designer tools, turbos, suspension and drivetrain options etc.

Lots of people not happy with the slow progress though. Most people enjoy and play to build cars, the game seems to be trying to flesh out the company tycoon aspects which isnt as exciting. Worth checking out, but $30 isnt cheap for something that isnt going to be finished in the near future and every aspect isn't going to be for everyone.

• 4 years later...

Who is still following this topic? Also I come from the side of beamng drive. I’m not sure if u guys know(it’s been a feature for a while now but nobody has posted here in a long time) but u can drive ur cars (on a separate game that u have to purchase as well). It’s really cool. The handling on beam for these cars needs to b fixed (meaning the thing in automation that makes the car compatible for beam needs to write the handling code better cause they suck). I’m using one of the betas now instead of the recommended version. I’m not saying the game is released but if u look on steam there r different versions of the beta u can use. @daffyflyer r u the creator of this game? If so can I help on development? I would really like to see it progress a lot farther and b like the iracing of car design games. At the top and untouchable. I played the campaign and I make a lot of econoboxes that r complete trash but sell amazing. I think the game should have an option to never end. I get we can’t predict the future and it doesn’t make 100% sense but if it didn’t stop at 2020 and just kept counting that would b nice. I would like to see how long I can go with some of my shitboxes but to beat the game I only need to make 3 models and I can make it from 1940 or whatever it starts at all the way to 2020. I actually have made it in 3 models and only the first car got 1 facelift and all that was was some brake and engine changes and I think that’s it. I had so much money at the end. Don’t take this as me saying it’s easy cause it’s not at all and a lot of time went into the design of these cars.