SAU Community

R32 GTR...V SPEC...V SPEC 2 info ..

THE OAK

hey rezz,

just trying to work out if all R32 GTR's come with a different colour lower lip?

Or is it a factory option...?

I was thinking that only the v spec's came with the diff colour lower lip but now i have a pic of a 89 GTR with diff colour lower lip can you please clear things up?

Also what about the lip on the rear spoiler the drift type one does it come standard on the vspec / vspec 2....

thanks Rezz...

Ok OAK, you're gonna hafta be a bit more specific...

Were you under the impression that all R32 GT-Rs except the V Specs came with color-coded lower front lips?

Also, the "drift type" rear spoiler? I guess you're talking about the little Nismo bootlid extension under the standard R32 GT-R rear spoiler?

Well, ALL R32 GT-Rs and V Spec I/IIs came with unpainted matt black ABS plastic lower lips, Nissan only painted the front bumper proper, not the lower lip. It's just that some owners paint the lower lip body color sometimes.

About the little bootlid extension, it came standard on the R32 GT-R Nismo. For the most part though, I think those Nismo bootlid extensions are just a generic copied item that some owners put on randomly... except for GT-R Nismo models of course.

img065.gif

Ok OAK, you're gonna hafta be a bit more specific...

Were you under the impression that all R32 GT-Rs except the V Specs came with color-coded lower front lips?

Also, the "drift type" rear spoiler? I guess you're talking about the little Nismo bootlid extension under the standard R32 GT-R rear spoiler?

Well, ALL R32 GT-Rs and V Spec I/IIs came with unpainted matt black ABS plastic lower lips, Nissan only painted the front bumper proper, not the lower lip. It's just that some owners paint the lower lip body color sometimes.

About the little bootlid extension, it came standard on the R32 GT-R Nismo. For the most part though, I think those Nismo bootlid extensions are just a generic copied item that some owners put on randomly... except for GT-R Nismo models of course.

rezz,

i was under the impression that only the v-spec and v-sepc 2 came with the diff colour lower lips...but i find it abit strange that nearly 85% of GTR's i have seen have the lower lip painted.... did nissan continue this with the r33 and r34 GTR range, since so many people were painting them.. i thought nissan would of stopped after the r32 range...?

i was asking bcoz im have pretty much decided im going to go for a R32 GTR Vspec and was trying to figure out what is stock and what isnt...apart from brembos and 17 bbs rims....

The bootlit spoiler is a nismo item.. ok that clears that up..guess ill have to look for one when the time is right and i have brought myself a 32

rezz,

85% of GTR's i have seen have the lower lip painted.... did nissan continue this with the r33 and r34 GTR range, since so many people were painting them.. i thought nissan would of stopped after the r32 range...?

You're just lucky/unlucky I guess!:)

Yes, the lower lip went unpainted right through R32/33/34 GT-Rs. I have the "GT-R Memorial" documenting every minor change, option and special model that was produced.

You're just lucky/unlucky I guess!:)

Yes, the lower lip went unpainted right through R32/33/34 GT-Rs. I have the "GT-R Memorial" documenting every minor change, option and special model that was produced.

could you post up some changes from the R32 GTR standard form to the 1993 vspec like the differences....?

also the v spec was brought out in feb 93 did they still continue making standard r32 GTR's ..

last when was the final month of the GTR R32 1994....? month

thanks

Rezz

The R32 GT-R V-Spec got:

The afore mentioned BBS 17x8JJ rims with 225/50 17 tires, the Brembo 324mm brake upgrade, quicker reaction ATTESA-ETS tuning, and metal compressor/exhaust wheels in the turbos. Colors: White, Dark Blue, Black, Silver, Gun-Grey Metallic, Red Pearl, Greyish-Blue Pearl.

The R32 GT-R, the V-Spec, and the V-Spec II were made alongside each other from Feb '94 through to Dec '94.

So, the R32 GT-R: released Aug '89, ended production in Dec '94

The R32 GT-R V-Spec: released Feb '93 through to Dec '94

And the R32 GT-R V-Spec II: released Feb '94 through to Dec '94

Hey, dudes, just purchased a 93 Vspec... mine has a nismo body kit..so dont really know about the front lower lip.. as painted same as kit when i bought it... and if u guys have any other info about Vspec R32 would be great to get it... or somewhere i can go etc... etc

The R32 GT-R V-Spec got:

The afore mentioned BBS 17x8JJ rims with 225/50 17 tires, the Brembo 324mm brake upgrade, quicker reaction ATTESA-ETS tuning, and metal compressor/exhaust wheels in the turbos. Colors: White, Dark Blue, Black, Silver, Gun-Grey Metallic, Red Pearl, Greyish-Blue Pearl.

The R32 GT-R, the V-Spec, and the V-Spec II were made alongside each other from Feb '94 through to Dec '94.

So, the R32 GT-R: released Aug '89, ended production in Dec '94

The R32 GT-R V-Spec: released Feb '93 through to Dec '94

And the R32 GT-R V-Spec II: released Feb '94 through to Dec '94

Rezz,

Any chance of seeing pics of the dark blue, red pearl and greyish-blue pearl..?

I have decided to go for a r32 GTR V spec as it seems to be the best bet, price wise and really you dont get much extra with the vspec2 ...What do you think is it worth the extra money over the standard?

1,453 V-spec and 1,303 V-specIIs were sold can you confrim this rezz....?

Also while your at it you got any idea's of the price range im looking at, 93 model atm in v spec form but if you could compare with the standard in same year i would appreciate it....

Also dont be shy with the pics...

Cheers!! ;)

Rezz,

Any chance of seeing pics of the dark blue, red pearl and greyish-blue pearl..?

I have decided to go for a r32 GTR V spec as it seems to be the best bet, price wise and really you dont get much extra with the vspec2 ...What do you think is it worth the extra money over the standard?

1,453 V-spec and 1,303 V-specIIs were sold can you confrim this rezz....?

Also while your at it you got any idea's of the price range im looking at, 93 model atm in v spec form but if you could compare with the standard in same year i would appreciate it....

Also dont be shy with the pics...

Cheers!! :P

OAK mate, think you could throw a coupla beers in the post?:P

Alright, pics:

Red Pearl...

H202591850101010101B0001054L.JPG

Dark Blue...

32_003.jpg

Can't find a pic of the Greyish Blue Metallic... anybody have one?

Right now, I can only confirm that there were 6,204 R32 GT-R/GT-R V-Specs made in 1993, and 7,465 GT-R/V-Spec/V-Spec IIs made in 1994...

If I were going to get an R32 GT-R, I would DEFINATELY go for a V-Spec/V-Spec II... the ordinary R32 GT-Rs are cheap, but the Brembos and the BBSs are worth the higher price alone IMO.

For a good R32 V-Spec, you'd be looking at a minimum of 1,000,000 - 1,200,000 yen (A$12,175 to A$14,600) for a 70,000km, "decent" condition specimen... they double that price for mint condition ones. As opposed to a normal R32 GT-R which start at about 500,000 yen (A$6,088) for '89 models that have been driven into the ground. Thats why I say go for a '93/'94 if you're thinking about an R32 GT-R.

/Rezz

1 more question while you're on it Rezz, do you have the production dates for R32 N1s? I understand they are 93-94, can you confirm?
The series 1 R32 GT-R N1 started production in July '91 to August '91, then there was the model change to the series 2 where the N1 was made from August '91 through to February '93. Then there was the 3rd model change to the...errrrrm... series 3 where the "V-Spec N1" was made from February '93 to December '94... afaik. Now, they say that 500 were made, but how many that were made each successive year I don't know.

OAK mate, think you could throw a coupla beers in the post?:)

Alright, pics:

Red Pearl...

H202591850101010101B0001054L.JPG

Dark Blue...

32_003.jpg

Can't find a pic of the Greyish Blue Metallic... anybody have one?

Right now, I can only confirm that there were 6,204 R32 GT-R/GT-R V-Specs made in 1993, and 7,465 GT-R/V-Spec/V-Spec IIs made in 1994...

If I were going to get an R32 GT-R, I would DEFINATELY go for a V-Spec/V-Spec II... the ordinary R32 GT-Rs are cheap, but the Brembos and the BBSs are worth the higher price alone IMO.

For a good R32 V-Spec, you'd be looking at a minimum of 1,000,000 - 1,200,000 yen (A$12,175 to A$14,600) for a 70,000km, "decent" condition specimen... they double that price for mint condition ones. As opposed to a normal R32 GT-R which start at about 500,000 yen (A$6,088) for '89 models that have been driven into the ground. Thats why I say go for a '93/'94 if you're thinking about an R32 GT-R.

/Rezz

hey rezz,

great info buddy keep it coming!

Well i really like that dark blue colour..think it comes in a close 2nd now

1. black (always bet on black passanger 57!)

2. dark blue

3. silver

and yellow as a aftermarket colour....

Well Rezz my main reason for chosing the v spec was for the brembos, v spec sounded more appealing then your norm R32, as for the bbs rims not my cup of tea but the good thing is that now the car comes with 17's standard so you add some 18's without any problems! any idea how much those bbs rims are worth?

Also i would of thought the v spec 2 was made in less numbers thus bringing a much higher auction value and for that extra money you really arent getting more bang for your buck...imo..

a set of 18's from trail those tri 3 spokes would be nice on a r32 :);):(

Rezz a 6 pack!

Hi Rezz i have just bought a V-spec II what sort of prices are they commanding in japan and are they that sort after, also you said they came with steel compressor and exhaust wheels in the turbos this would obviously be the same for the Vspec II correct ? and are they the same spec as N1's turbos?

Hi Rezz i have just bought a V-spec II what sort of prices are they commanding in japan and are they that sort after, also you said they came with steel compressor and exhaust wheels in the turbos this would obviously be the same for the Vspec II correct ? and are they the same spec as N1's turbos?
Heres one of the cheaper R32 V-Spec IIs getting about:

H202586120101010101B0001001L.JPG

1,980,000 yen. They go as high as 2,900,000 yen for 1,200km models!!

About the turbos, yes the V-Spec II has the metal turbine wheels, but they're not "N1" spec... just the same as normal GT-Rs.