SAU Community

Marks S2 Silo Rb25det All Engineered

Hey all,

Well....ive had this car for 13 years, it was my parents car before that and they bought it in 1989. So it has been in the family for 21 years. It started as a track car project but then i realsied that i loved it to much to put it into a wall lol sad.gif .

So after that idea was scrapped i thought i will do it properly for a toy street car. It started life as a 30 auto. In March 2007 i bought a RB25DET 5 speed half cut and put that in. It was fitted and wired up for starting. But then had a few life issues and lost interest and it sat idle for 2 years.

So in June 2009 i got off my butt and started on it again so i could get it engineered and roadworthy. So for 6 months i have been working on it on the weekends with the help of a mate, who is very handy and doesnt like stopping things half way through, which is good lol smiley.gif

Pretty much got brand new everything from bushes to bolts. What ever i took out i either replaced brand new or if i couldnt find it, painted it and made it look brand new. Really makes a diiference when you look closely

So yeh as sits now it has been engineered with a RB25DET, 5 speed box, fmic, pod, strutbrace adjustable panhard rod. Ile post up a few pics, have a look and see what you think. smiley.gif

Cheers,

Mark

th_R31love.jpg

Before i attacked it lol

th_oldfaithful.jpgth_thefunbegins.jpgth_outwiththeold.jpg

The removal of the old engine may 2007, that had about 400k on it. Still started first time until that day

th_33gts-tbrakes.jpgth_installedwithmockcoolerpiping.jpg

Installing of the 33det brakes and s13 coilovers which have now been changed to new jic's all round