SAU Community

Full R34 Gtr Brembo Brake Set-up With Brand New Rotors, Calipers, Pads Everything

Hi guys,

Selling my brake set-up.

I bought this kit for about $2800, it included a set of R34 GTR calipers (front and rear) off a very low km R34. They were sold still on the original rotors. from memory car had done 25,000kms. the owner upgraded to a full track spec kit front and rear and I bought the old gear. The rotors were worn out but calipers very good.

Not many people know but the R34 brembos are not a direct fit to a 32 or 33 as the bolts and bolt wholes are different (r32 is 12X1.25 and 34 is 14mm). You can drill out your hubs but this is not really reversible. So instead I had proper stainless steel threaded inserts professionally fitted to the caliper lugs which will be stronger than the original thread (just cut into the alloy). this cost around $200.

With this mod they will now bolt straight on to R32 GTR and GTST, R33 GTST or GTR, S13 silvia, S14 Silvia, S15 Silvia and most nissans.

I then bought brand new front and rear rotors which are slotted curved vane rotors (over $1000).

I also bought a set of brand new Project Mu Titan HC+ brake pads around $800 from memory.

I also bought a set of titanium pad shims which help stop heat transfer into the calipers (they are wanky as hell and cost about $160)

That's over $4,000 total I spent on this set-up.

I also have all the caliper pins, all the shims and backing plates, the original pads and the brake lines too (for all 4 calipers).

The callipers are in perfect condition seal wise but there are a few paint chips (happened when the bloke who sold them to me did not pack them properly and they hit each other in transit).

Asking price is $3,300 for the whole lot. so that's front and rear R34 GTR brembo callipers (modified to bolt straight on to R32), brand new front and rear slotted rotors, brand new project Mu pads front and rear, brake lines and all small parts, brand new titanium pad backing plates, and I'll through in a bottle of Motul RBF 600 fluid too.

No where can you get a brake upgrade like this for anywhere near this money. plus usually you get crap second hand rotors that are shagged (i certainly did when I first bought it) and shagged rubbish pads too.

This way you get a nice balanced front and rear upgrade for not much more than doing a full set of rotors and pads and caliper seals on your current stock brakes.

Pick-up from me in sydney CBD. contact via pm or email through the forum.

Soo cheap!

I bought a set of 350z brembo calipers and 2 pairs of DBA rotors and Endless pads for my upgrade and it all adds up pretty quickly. Pretty much up to the same $$$ as what you're asking and they aren't even a straight bolt on affair, nor are the pads and rotors brand new :thumbsup:

If I hadn't already bought all of this I would definitely be buying this kit!!

Good luck with the sale

Hi Julz,

yes they can very easily be used on a GTT. what you do is leave the callipers as they are since the new steel inserts are a much stronger mounting option than thread cut straight into the alloy, and in this guise they are 'bolt on' to a wider range of cars (good if you re-sell in future). then you buy some M12 bolts for the front callipers and there are spacers that go into your hub to reduce the hole from 14mm to 12mm. it's a very simple piece, I could supply them for probably $20 if needed. it's basically just a washer that is about 6mm thick with a 12mm ID and a 14mm OD. it sits snugly in there and allows you just bolt these up without modding the hubs or the callipers. :(

forgot to add one item, I have a full set of calliper rebuild kit for the front callipers and *may* have a rear kit too. It's the genuine nissan kit which includes new piston seals, circlips and dust boots.

I had bought it before I got the callipers just in case but when they are arrived all where in excellent condition so I never did it, but the new buyer can have it and choose to refresh them or not. then you will have brand new project mu pads, brand new slotted rotors and brand new callipers, with titanium backing plates :D

what brand are the rotors?

Did PM you but you may of been unimpressed with my proposed deal !!!

Fair enough, as i always believe one must inform any seller of a intent to buy, so as

they can have something to consider rather than nothing on the table !!!

Will be ordering some K-Sport 6spot calipers and matching rotors on tuesday, just so you have

the heads up !! If were interested in the 3k offer, then at least i have communicated my intent .

Cheers Mike PS. best to SMS me as away from computor for next 2 days...thats if you intending contact !! 0437123233

• 2 weeks later...
not really relivent, but i stole the mos burger drink coasters from the mos burger in shinjuku

fkn epic lols

had Mos Burger in Asakusa last year when I stayed there while in Japan

tasty++, would definately visit again. particulary liked getting Cola in a proper glass

sorry Rich...

• 3 weeks later...

sorry guys. :P been moving house and absolutely flat out. spreading myself pretty thin at the moment and every time I've been over to the garage I've been doing something else and forget the brake pics. will try to get some tonight (no promises though!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's not a fair comment at all, NISSAN_GTR. Did you even read the 'stats' under his avatar (or his posts)?*

*( Just in case you missed them: Administrator, SAU Donator, Moderator, NSW Club Member, over 20,000 posts, oh and a Trader Rating of 150! :) )

:whistling:

sorry bad timing on my part. moved house, vacated house and went on 6 week holiday with zero time in between. back in sydney now and just getting settled into new place. internet FINALLY connected today and phone only just connected yesterday. all poor excuses but I just literally didn't have time to get over to where the brakes are and get some basic photos before I went away. every day and night was flat out.

now i'm back I will update as soon as possible. :(