SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

The bearings in the upright (that hold the kingpin) are a serviceable item. I takes some pasence to get them out without damaging the upright, but it can be done pretty easy. I recently changed mine

Did you do yours on a GTSt or GTR? GTR is servicable, Chris from racepace had part numbers for them however GTSt, the upright comes as an assembly only. Would be great if they could be replaced.

They're all serviceable, Fast just won't let you select the bearing individually on the GTST pictures. If you go to the GTR one and then grab the part number though it shows up with numbers for GTS models as well. Only the R34's won't let you see part numbers for the lower bearing for 2WD models by itself but I'm willing to be it's probably interchangeable with R33 part numbers. I may be wrong though, anyone with a 34GTT know?

R32-34 Kingpin bearing part numbers
Upper Kingpin Bearing
R34/R33/R32
ALL NSK 40030-33P02
ALL NTN 40030-33P07(Is listed as an NTN bearing for R33/34 but listed as an NSK bearing for R32? Doesn't really matter cus they're just manufacturers, just odd)
Lower Kingpin Bearing
R34(4WD Part numbers only)
GTS4 NSK 40030-33P12
GTS4 NTN 40030-33P17
GTR NSK 40030-60U00
GTR NTN 40030-60U05
R33
2WD NSK 40030-33P12
2WD NTN 40030-33P17
4WD NSK 40030-60U00
4WD NTN 40030-60U05
R32
ALL NSK 40030-60U00
ALL NTN 40030-60U05
Well having a proper look through all of them neatly looks like all R32's used the(I'm guessing larger) bearings found in the 4WD 33's & 34's, probably due to cutting costs I believe they've probably gone to a smaller bearing for 2WD 33's and then GTS4 34's. 34GTT bearings may very well be this same part number but as FAST won't show them I'm guessing Nissan want you to just replace the entire kingpin assembly as people have stated.
Can also grab numbers for the seals etc if anyone needs them.

They're all serviceable, Fast just won't let you select the bearing individually on the GTST pictures. If you go to the GTR one and then grab the part number though it shows up with numbers for GTS models as well. Only the R34's won't let you see part numbers for the lower bearing for 2WD models by itself but I'm willing to be it's probably interchangeable with R33 part numbers. I may be wrong though, anyone with a 34GTT know?

R32-34 Kingpin bearing part numbers
Upper Kingpin Bearing
R34/R33/R32
ALL NSK 40030-33P02
ALL NTN 40030-33P07(Is listed as an NTN bearing for R33/34 but listed as an NSK bearing for R32? Doesn't really matter cus they're just manufacturers, just odd)
Lower Kingpin Bearing
R34(4WD Part numbers only)
GTS4 NSK 40030-33P12
GTS4 NTN 40030-33P17
GTR NSK 40030-60U00
GTR NTN 40030-60U05
R33
2WD NSK 40030-33P12
2WD NTN 40030-33P17
4WD NSK 40030-60U00
4WD NTN 40030-60U05
R32
ALL NSK 40030-60U00
ALL NTN 40030-60U05
Well having a proper look through all of them neatly looks like all R32's used the(I'm guessing larger) bearings found in the 4WD 33's & 34's, probably due to cutting costs I believe they've probably gone to a smaller bearing for 2WD 33's and then GTS4 34's. 34GTT bearings may very well be this same part number but as FAST won't show them I'm guessing Nissan want you to just replace the entire kingpin assembly as people have stated.
Can also grab numbers for the seals etc if anyone needs them.

Ok, so you are a flaming CHAMPION!

What will make you a good amongst men is if you know the part numbers for the Z32?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, new diff, shafts, cradle, F&R shocks, hubs, arms, gearbox ...CHECK!

Just need the dimensions for new alloy tailshaft and have a few big weekends of the car up inm the air losing her undercarriage and whilst its up in the air going to finally strip the sound deadening out of the boot and interior and spray the back half of the car and cage.

Very excited to getting it back on the road and driving a car that is tight and free of rattles. I suppose after 14 years of loyal service she needs a good freshen up in the suspension and drivetrain.

Ok, new diff, shafts, cradle, F&R shocks, hubs, arms, gearbox ...CHECK!

Just need the dimensions for new alloy tailshaft and have a few big weekends of the car up inm the air losing her undercarriage and whilst its up in the air going to finally strip the sound deadening out of the boot and interior and spray the back half of the car and cage.

Very excited to getting it back on the road and driving a car that is tight and free of rattles. I suppose after 14 years of loyal service she needs a good freshen up in the suspension and drivetrain.

Wow 14yrs! That is dedication ;) Sounds like a decent freshen up :yes:

Let me know how you go getting the 33 cradle in the 32. Ive got a 34 one to put in and im not sure what the mount dimension differences are yet.

I stayed away from the R34 rear end as I wanted to run teh GTR alloy hubs and I was told that the bottom of the forked R32 shocks needs to be modded to suit the R34 hubs. I am told that its not a concern when using R33 hubs in an R32. I dont understand how it can be an issue if R33 and R34 shocks are interchangable but I suppose I will realise soon enough if they R33 hubs are going to present me with the same problem.

I hope to get some new minter rims son too...I dont like my chances of fitting 295rears and 265 fronts with my current guards. Front is an easy fix but rears are a headache re guard clearnce

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hopefully getting the car back from the panel beaters next week. Cossie back on the road so all the parts sitting in the factory will now be going into the 32 for some much needed love.

Just a light hit. Housemate took it to work and a guy he works with backed into it in a ute with tow bar. That combined with my sister vising from teh UK and taking the keys to it back with here etc etc it didnt see much use the last months of 2013.

Keen to get the new gearbox, shocks, cradle, cront hubs...all new bushes and bearings etc all slapped under her. She should drive like new! And finally be able to look to start doing some track work when I get back from a holiday in June

• Like 1

LOL...I am a sentimental old fart! You have sold your R32 already? I cant believe its come up to almost 3 years that I have owned the Cossie! Where is the time going?

yeh I sold the white one about 10 months ago I think.