SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

Yeh, when I went looking to replace my R31 GTS-X so many of the 32s I was looking at were in rather horrible condition and a bit tacky with mods and bits on them. I saw the 32 and the AVS wheels, very tody condition and just HKS filter and exhaust made me jump at it. So glad I did as the alternative was a red 300ZX TT and whilst I still have a soft spot for the ZED it woudl never have been able to grow with me and do all the things the 32 has as cheaply as it has

• 4 weeks later...

First of all just read through the whole thread and god damn you sir are a pioneer.I rebuild turbos for a living so its good to see the real world benefits. Im also in the midst of rebuilding a 20det with a few bits and pieces to place in a 31. Just had a question as far as the 25 head on you're current setup did the head mods use the factory 25de valve spring retainers or they use the GTR ones.

Thnks for the read.

GLWTB

The valve springs are a question mark and they will soon be coming out and replaced with some Tomei springs.

Sadly the RB24 isnt going to happen. I plan on taking the car to Europe next year and need to save money so sold all the RB24 gear to another forum member who is cracking on with a quality build which I am going to be exited to see the results of.

Longer term I am being boring and going to put a std RB26 in it and engineer it all so that I can enjoy it on the street and track

Geeze, a real shame you'll only make it to a half dozen or so tracks... bastard. Impromptu garage clean up / sale to fund more?

Any chance of at least driving some of those brilliant roads you always read about in evo? Welsh hillsides, Swiss mountain passes, etc

I did 10 or so days of driving through the Swiss, Italian and Austrian Alps before importing my Sierra Cosworth RS back to Aus. That was back in 2011. Wow, how time flies.

I am going to Le Mans and Spain in a few weeks so planning on doing some of those Spanish roads EVO uses.

f5twister, Even if I have my gate atmo, which I doubt I will I dont think I will have much trouble with noise at Spa. I have only ever seen a few crazy loud race cars get pinged for noise...and seen loads of crazy loud cars run all day. Do you know any different?