SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Well , after a break in and some scum bags stealing a lot of gear from the car I have finally got it back up and running. Took +12 months to replace stolen parts and work around Covid...but....Just in time to make Bathurst last week

Tidied upo the engine bay, freshened up the head with some light headwork, new headgasket and oil pump, sump and a lick of paint.

ready.jpg

engine rb20.jpg

engine.jpg

bathurst.jpg

• Like 3

Ran out of brake pads with two sessions to go so missed the chance to have a proper go after getting familiar with the layout and the car...but oh well. There is always next year. 

You can see the lines of pad material that fell out of the wheels when I returned to the pits. 

image.thumb.png.ada77599ecbd1f1f0bdd8e5ab331c600.png

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about the scumbags, it's something we all fear but glad to see this thing back running again and getting out there where it should be. Looks and sounds great, love those rocker covers Roy, they're awesome 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What sort of times does this thing do at PI? Planning to do any days down there this year? We can compare notes to see who has the best 'RB20' in an HCR32. I did a shake down at Winton late last year and managed a 1:34 so hoping to crack the 1:40's at PI.

20201213_113836.thumb.jpg.daedb0b463390e4488a67447d150d0bc.jpg

Was this the bus that George got to have a steer of?

On 1/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, Komdotkom said:

What sort of times does this thing do at PI? Planning to do any days down there this year? We can compare notes to see who has the best 'RB20' in an HCR32. I did a shake down at Winton late last year and managed a 1:34 so hoping to crack the 1:40's at PI.

20201213_113836.thumb.jpg.daedb0b463390e4488a67447d150d0bc.jpg

You'd be miles quicker if you are aiming for 1:40  at PI :(

Back around 2013 was my last time at PI. did a 1:48.6 from memory with 260rwkws and was still on 98 and the old engine. I O ly did two laps on E85 and I was 20km/h quicker on the straight but the  front right kingpin bearing collapsed middle of turn 1...that started the 7year rebuild of all the suspension a d driveline

Was going to PI this weekend but last weekend at Sandown revealed I need to fix a few things...some as stupid as needing a new dipstick :)

I think my best at Winton back around the same period was 1:36.9 or something. I did a sub 1:36 at a Friday on RE55s but not on Natsoft so doesn't count :)

https://youtu.be/m5KcwIN2kKI

• Like 1

On 04/02/2021 at 8:30 PM, Roy said:

You'd be miles quicker if you are aiming for 1:40  at PI :(

Haha, no I meant any time starting with 1:4x.xx! Under 1:50 is quick enough for a full weight RB20 powerhouse I reckon.

I won't be down there any time soon though, still waiting for the dry sump components from Ross to be made and posted.