SAU Community

Any1 Instald Gas Injection, Wat R Pros & Cons Please

RS444

got mine LiLPG setup on my 03.. love it. $4700 - $1500 from the rebate. took a week to install.. went from approx 14L per 100 to 17L per 100.. power gains of about 10%.. (would be much better with a tune) i run factory ECU.. and dump pipe thats it.. and runs even better on pure propane. :)

got it installed at Seaview Gas Conversions in frankston VIC.

only negatives is only 300k's out of the tank.. and i have to wait about 30 seconds before nailing it after starting the car up :) dont want to put your foot down to far on petrol as gas is colder temp and higher octane petrol will ping pretty badly.

Shouldn't you be waiting until the car is warmed up anyway?

Shouldn't you be waiting until the car is warmed up anyway?

some people are saying that when you start the car 30 second idle is fine, then you can drive it.

I dont know why but i was always under the impression that the car should be at operating temps before driving it..

some people are saying that when you start the car 30 second idle is fine, then you can drive it.

I dont know why but i was always under the impression that the car should be at operating temps before driving it..

Yeah, that give the oil time to thoroughly lube the engine.

I quoted the "wait about 30 seconds before nailing it after starting the car up"

IMO, you shouldn't really nail it before it is up to temp.

of course i wait till its warm! its more when you duck into the shops and then start the car again its already up to temp though you dont want to give it a hard time till u cut over to gas :)

modern engines are fine to drive from starting. they warm up better actually running and not idling.

however hammering them before oil is fully up to temp is a BAD idea. 10-15 mins of normal driving before i even go over 3000rpm

modern engines are fine to drive from starting. they warm up better actually running and not idling.

however hammering them before oil is fully up to temp is a BAD idea. 10-15 mins of normal driving before i even go over 3000rpm

yeh thats what I was told..

i dont gun it usually until i see atleast 80c on the informeter..

yeah short drives are the worst thing for a car. the engine never warms up properly.

take it for a long drive every few weeks. get the engine up to temp for an hour, it will keep the carbon deposits down as the constant heat will burn it off

thats water temp, oil takes longer to warm up

The oil takes about twice as long as the water to warm up, around 2-3 minutes by my informeter.

Oh, and ethanol would be much better at cleaning carbon deposits than gas. :P