SAU Community

Alarm Install S2 Rs Stagea

sickm8

got a car alarm i'm gonna install my self and wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram they can send me to make it a bit easier. also one for the central locking

its a s2 rs stagea

cheers

central locking cant be taken off the circuit board in the control box that chef_stagea mentioned, no need to unplug it or cut any wires off it though. everything else is pritty easy to find, lock/unlock indication tap into the hazard switch, figure out your immobilisation points, etc.

when i rang justcar they said that it was fine for me to do the install as long as the alarm met the australian standards. e.g 3 point immobiliser, black wiring.

Edited by QWK32

Sorry i made a typo, i meant to say it "can" be taken from the control box on the passenger side.

I havent done the job recently but do remeber what to do, it is a negative trigger off the C/B. I'll forward you a pm i did up for another user on where the points are.

• 5 months later...

Sorry i made a typo, i meant to say it "can" be taken from the control box on the passenger side.

I havent done the job recently but do remeber what to do, it is a negative trigger off the C/B. I'll forward you a pm i did up for another user on where the points are.

Could you pm me the same info?

Cheers

Justin

central locking cant be taken off the circuit board in the control box that chef_stagea mentioned, no need to unplug it or cut any wires off it though. everything else is pritty easy to find, lock/unlock indication tap into the hazard switch, figure out your immobilisation points, etc.

when i rang justcar they said that it was fine for me to do the install as long as the alarm met the australian standards. e.g 3 point immobiliser, black wiring.

just car said mine had to be professionally installed

• 2 weeks later...

I have the white box on the passenger side, earthing out the purple/grey wires locks and unlocks all the doors except the drivers side, I can hear a relay click from the control unit on the drivers side but no effect on the lock itself=(

Is this common, does anyone know what my issue is??

Thanks

yep, thats common. and you will sit there scratching your head for hours trying to figure out why the drivers side door wont lock, i know, i wasted half a day trying to figure the door locking system out. basically the white box on the passenger side is the receiver for the keyless entry, two internal relays (lock and unlock) signal the drivers side door to lock / unlock and also trigger those same functions on the white box on the drivers side. the box on the drivers side is the central locking box, as well as doing a couple other things like dome light supervision etc.

there is a difference between central locking and keyless entry. the stagea's central locking looks for a signal from the drivers side door i.e turning a key, and then actuates the other doors. keyless entry will operate all the doors. the wires your grounding are most certainly the central locking signal wires to the drivers side box to lock / unlock all the other doors. you need to tap into the keyless entry trigger points, and that is all done internally in the passenger side box, which means soldering to a circuit board to switch the lock and unlock relays mounted on this board.

have a look at the attached PDF, its a little write up i did a while ago when i installed mine.

Stagea Door Lock Relays.pdf

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 13/08/2010 at 1:51 AM, GoldZilla said:

Check with your insurance company before you start fiddling too, some insurers won't pay up if your car is stolen and the alarm wasn't professionally installed.

How would they know?

8 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

They would ask you for the evidence (invoice/receipt)

Doubtful. What if my mate, an electrical engineer, installed it for free for me? They going to ask to see his degree?

What if he's dead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/29/2011 at 7:25 AM, QWK32 said:

yep, thats common. and you will sit there scratching your head for hours trying to figure out why the drivers side door wont lock, i know, i wasted half a day trying to figure the door locking system out. basically the white box on the passenger side is the receiver for the keyless entry, two internal relays (lock and unlock) signal the drivers side door to lock / unlock and also trigger those same functions on the white box on the drivers side. the box on the drivers side is the central locking box, as well as doing a couple other things like dome light supervision etc.

there is a difference between central locking and keyless entry. the stagea's central locking looks for a signal from the drivers side door i.e turning a key, and then actuates the other doors. keyless entry will operate all the doors. the wires your grounding are most certainly the central locking signal wires to the drivers side box to lock / unlock all the other doors. you need to tap into the keyless entry trigger points, and that is all done internally in the passenger side box, which means soldering to a circuit board to switch the lock and unlock relays mounted on this board.

have a look at the attached PDF, its a little write up i did a while ago when i installed mine.

Stagea Door Lock Relays.pdf

Thanks this is super helpful! Seems like I am on the right track!

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG