SAU Community

V36 Skyline Japanese Translation Document (Work In Progress

Hey Guys,

just been working on this document to hopefully help people in the same situation i was in when i first got the car!

* please note this is a work-in-progress and i will be adding to it in the future!

CLICK HERE!!

Edited by NISMO
Updated URL, once again simply awesome work Loz!!!!

thats not bad actually. if you are game pop the deck out of that thing and rip the H'Drive out. it is a 2.5" item and it is locked. HDD tools will unlock it. dump it and play. looking at what you ahve done you are half way to translating this thing. the one I have here has R35 GTR on it and I have a V36 one as well (with a dead drive as I later found out!). so are you game?

hmmm... sounds like it could be a plan... I was part of the xbox-linux team and have tinkered with reprogramming the iphone to use android, so if it's software i could definitely have a play around..

But i assume all the graphics / language and operating system files would be built in a proprietary format? (are they located on the HDD? If so what OS does the setup run?)

Edited by loz-tuned

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Guys,

just been working on this document to hopefully help people in the same situation i was in when i first got the car!

* please note this is a work-in-progress and i will be adding to it in the future!

http://www.skyline-gt.com/forums/index.php...ttach_id=299636

Thanks. I'm looking at importing a near new 370GT sedan. I'll keep this as a reference very good. Does anyone know how aligned this is with the 370Z?

Hey guys, I have purchased the whole USDM setup from Canada, for the English translation. Need to find someone that knows about these cars so I can get it put in. Any help with someone that can fit the system in Syd would be a great help.

Hey guys, I have purchased the whole USDM setup from Canada, for the English translation. Need to find someone that knows about these cars so I can get it put in. Any help with someone that can fit the system in Syd would be a great help.

I hope you got all of the wiring with it. the jdm is quite different.

I hope you got all of the wiring with it. the jdm is quite different.

Hey Chris

I was hoping that maybe you could be the one to help me out with the fitment and getting the whole setup running. I actual bought a whole dash cut and got it shipped. even came with the little infiniti clock.

Anyway let me know if you are willing to give it a go. I will be drinving to Bris in the holidays (Nov/Dec) to see family. If you would like to give it a go I can drop it at you shop and leave it there for a week or so.

Get back to me

Jake

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...