SAU Community

V36 Skyline Japanese Translation Document (Work In Progress

I think that mine girl also says something related to the sat nav every now and then. It only seems to happen when I get quite a way out of Perth which is why I assume that it is Sat Nav related. Either that or she is warning of potential Godzilla attacks.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Do these steps work on a non navi v36 model? I treid them and I dont have some of the options on my screen?

can someone confirm this?

The short answer, garryg, is that it depends on your handset's ability to send contacts via Bluetooth.

If it's an iPhone, then the answer is a resounding "no". Apple suck for some of the choices they make and this is definitely one of those choices. In short, Apple don't support a transfer protocol. Apple have chosen to support a different Bluetooth protocol which only allows the phone book to be read but not copied from. It has been a painful year receiving calls in this vehicle and not being able to recognise all the numbers that come in. It's even worse when I need to dial out. It's neither feasible nor safe while driving. I hope Satan is shoving a few pineapples per day up Steve Jobs' arse for this.

Today, I upgraded my phone to a Samsung Note2 and exporting from this phone is a little cumbersome if you've got a whole bunch of accounts in it (i.e. Facebook, Google, Google+, etc). Nevertheless, it is definitely possible and works very well.

There is one quirk though. You must ensure your phone numbers are not prefixed with a "+61" (i.e. E164 international standard). The number must be entered as a local entry (so, 04xxxxxxxx or in the case of landlines, 02xxxxxxxx, etc). The reason for this is the handsfree kit interprets it as an international call and replaces the "+" with a "011" rather than just sending the "+" to the handset, rendering the number dialled a wrong one. Why the engineers chose to do this is beyond me but it is what it is. Nevertheless, I'm happy that I've actually got speed dials for a change, let alone an entire phone book.

So, here's the how-to on transferring contacts using an Android phone (Jellybean OS - not sure what the older OS's look like). If you have anything else, such as an old Nokia, you'll need to check your manual on how to export via Bluetooth on those. My old N85 can definitely do it as well though it has its own quirks when sending numbers in bulk.

Following the screenshots in the translated document:
1) Press the Settings button on your keypad
2) Navigate to Phone (Option 5 - first item in the second column)
3) Navigate to Directory (second item in the menu)
4) Select first option in this Directory submenu.
5) On the pop-up screen, select the left button which I'm guessing is the "OK/YES" button.
6) Another screen will pop-up with your V36's Bluetooth ID and a series of instructions. Leave this up and now pick up your phone.
7) At your phone's main contacts list, press the menu button and choose "Import/Export"
8) At the bottom of the menu (you may need to scroll to find it), select "Share namecard via"
9) Your contacts list will re-emerge with a series of tickboxes to the left. You can select all and then deselect the ones you don't want or just select the few you do want.
10) Once you have selected them, tap the "Done" button at the top right.
11) Another pop-up screen will appear asking the method to transfer with. Select "Bluetooth" and then tap "Just Once". This will ensure that Bluetooth will not be used as the default means of transferring contacts in future, in case you have another import/export requirement not involving Bluetooth. If you happen to tap the "Always" button, it's fine. You can reset this option in another menu anyway.
12) Then you should see a little transfer screen appear on your V36 display. It takes approximately 30 seconds to transfer about 300 numbers.

DONE! You've now transferred your numbers.

To create and edit speed dials:
1) Press the Settings button on your keypad
2) Navigate to Phone (Option 5 - first item in the second column)
3) Navigate to Speed Dials (first item in the menu)
4) Select the speed dial slot you wish to create/edit
5) Select the second item in the submenu (there should be about 6 options in that submenu)
6) Select the first item in the next submenu (there should be 3 options in that submenu)
7) Select the only item in the next submenu (all but 1 of the 11 options will be greyed out in that submenu)
8) A list of all your transferred numbers will appear, in phone number order. This is an unfortunate quirk but in the grand scheme of things, no big deal either.
9) Find your desired number and select it.

DONE! Repeat steps 4-9 for the remaining speed dial slots you wish to configure.

There is one warning I have for you though. You cannot update the phone directory with just one number in future. You must transfer the entire phone directory from your handset again otherwise you will only have the one number in your V36's phone book. The positive thing about this is that speed dials remain unaffected, even with the phone book completely erased.

I'm working purely off memory as I did this a little earlier today. I'm pretty sure I've got it down correctly but if not, let me know and I'll revise my post after I triple check with my vehicle again.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know how to get the driver windows so u can just press the button once and the window goes right back up on both passenger and driver side ... They used to work before I changed my battery recently. Must be a setting ...

Cheers

just hold the button (just one click not second click) when you wind all the way down and then up (or other way around) hold for about 5secs each time and they should be good as gold mate...

• Like 2

just hold the button (just one click not second click) when you wind all the way down and then up (or other way around) hold for about 5secs each time and they should be good as gold mate...

You my friend, are a bloody legend ... worked a treat thanks heaps

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Guys,

Just got myself a second hand V36 and was doing some bluetooth stuff, trying to make it work could get phone calls, just could Not stream audio. Just to reiterate and it can get confusing. Smash out the steps outlined here:

http://www.skyline-gt.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=287435

Once you have completed these, THIS MAY NOT BE THE END - some people are having issues Streaming music, Espec with later model phones. Just did some troubleshooting, took me forever.

Then go to Settings -> Audio -> Blueetooth and click the 1st, second and third option. I dont know what these say, however I do know that this particular bluetooth menu is Different to the other bluetooth menu found in Phone -> bluetooth and does something different.

This menu (settings -> audio -> bluetooth) allows your phone to STREAM MEDIA.

So I hope this helps. Certainly did for me after much heartbreak and searching.

Enjoy =)

Tags : Blueooth, V36, Skyline, Not Work, Media, Issue, stream

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

For any newbies or anyone who hasn't worked this out yet, I have the answer.

I have a v36 2010 sedan with Sat Nav.

You have to set up your phone for Bluetooth first.

You then set up music streaming separate.

Once you do this it makes Sat Nav redundant as when you music stream, you can use apple maps through a smart phone and the maps chick gives you voice directions through your speakers, partially muting the music each time.

There are heaps of other cool settings I am starting to work out now.

From what I can see you can't upload your phonebook to the car from apple phones as apple have set the phonebook to be read only, but sounds like you can for non apple phones.

So all you need to do is use the US G37 manual.

All the menu entry and 'No, yes, OK' option are all the same for both cars. So for example, if you it says go into Bluetooth, pick the third menu entry, and pick no or OK, follow it exactly and it will work.

Because of the RHS vs LHS drive in USA vs. Japan, the button set on your dash is simply in reverse.

To first set your phone up, go to page 4-85 for Nav models.

To set up Bluetooth music streaming go to page 4-66.

Have fun and if anyone works out some cool new shit, please post. Link to G37 manual below:

http://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/refgh0v/og/infiniti/G37/2010-Infiniti-G37-Sedan.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I have messed around with a setting ot two.

My drivers side and passanger mirrors do not auto tilt down when reversing anymore.

Side camera and back camera still work.

Any one know where these settings are??

There is a little switch near the smart key hole / hood release area, thats for turning on/off the reverse tilt mirrors.

I have messed around with a setting ot two.

My drivers side and passanger mirrors do not auto tilt down when reversing anymore.

Side camera and back camera still work.

Any one know where these settings are??

• 2 weeks later...