SAU Community

Hel Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Group Buy #2!

PM-R33

Hey guys

When I did the first group buy a lot of people missed out due to numbers filling quickly and I felt bad for having to close it down way before my deadline. I have had dozens of PM's over the last couple of months from people trying to get into the group buy but unfortunately I had to turn them all down. Well I have decided that I will do another one for them like I promised with them getting first preference. This is it, after this one, no more!

We had a lot of delays last time due to Hel running out of the ADR boots however this time that won't happen. Money will not be transferred to them until the lines are ready to be sent to avoid a repeat of delays with our money in their hands.

Old group buy: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/He...html&hl=adr

So same as last time, here it is:

I'm organising a group buy for a full kit (front and rear) of HEL stainless steel braided brake lines.

aw11-kit.gif

All HEL hoses are legal to be fitted to any vehicle worldwide and have FMVSS-106, ADR, LTSA and DOT and TUV approval.

These kits cost anywhere from $150 - $200+ in Aus.

If we can get 30 kits than the price will be $110 Delivered with Express Post Australia wide. (The price has gone up $5 from the last one due to the Aussie dollar being slightly weaker than the last group buy of 30, sorry about that).

Now most of us have factory brake lines that in some cases can be 20 years old for R32's and 15 years old for R33's; for optimum performance, these are due for replacement! However a factory replacement set of rubber brake lines costs more than this group buy price!

To put it into perspective a Nismo braided brake line kit from Nengun will set you back over $300 delivered so this is bloody cheap. I was prepared to pay more than this but this price is fantastic.

I allready have mine installed on my car and I wrote up a DIY to assist people in installing them themselves. This can be viewed here:

My R33 GTST DIY: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Di...Li-t330303.html

Some information from HEL's website:

http://www.helcarkits.co.uk/

Despite what the salesman tells you - every modern car has compromises, normally instigated by accountants rather than engineers. One such compromise is the materials used for the brake hoses on your car. Rubber hoses or mild steel fittings are cheap but we all know how rubber hose bulges under pressure, allows brake fluid to absorb water vapour from the atmosphere and that mild steel fittings rust....We manufacture a complete replacement stainless steel brake line kit for any car which is fitted with a hydraulic brake system and as we only ever use stainless steel fittings for the automotive marketplace so we can offer the HEL Lifetime Warranty on all brake line kits.

Manufactured to the highest possible industry standards by Hose Solutions and a carefully selected trained manufacturing outlets, the HEL Performance car brake line kits are brand new to the tuning market, building on the worldwide success the product has had in the motorcycle market for the last 10 years.

Incredible value for money for premium quality braided brake lines.

When you buy HEL Brake Lines, they will be:

• High quality, 100% stainless steel, non-corroding braided brake hoses.

• FMVSS-106, ADR, LTSA, DOT and TUV approved.

• So reliable that they're used in many high performance, racing and custom cars.

• Coated in a wipe-clean PVC cover with a choice of 19 colours.

• Included with a fitting kit if needed, HEL stickers and a lifetime warranty as standard.

These are braided brake lines you can 100% trust in any type of car. Your braking will feel smoother and stronger. That spongy brake feeling will be eliminated, making your brakes crisp and responsive.

Now the HEL kits are available in a few colour choices. However to order each car kit with different colour combinations from England is going to cause dramas with mistakes so I would like to avoid this. Therefore I would rather have all 30 kits the same colours so no mistakes are made (if you REALLY need a different colour then PM me and maybe ill look into it but I would rather not for every ones sake).

For the last one we all went clear and I was very happy with that. This means the stainless steel braided line is visible instead of having it covered by a colour. I think we should go clear again.

I will keep this group buy opened until 30 people have put their name down (let's say three weeks until the first of September), but if it is anything like last time please get in quick so you don't miss out.

After 30 people are gathered I will need full payment within one week, into my bank account. I will message every one with my account details and ask that you reply with your full mailing address. I will then transfer the money to the supplier once all the money has been transferred and the kits will get sent via FedEX within a week of them having all the kits ready. I will receive the kits and then send them out to you within 24 hours with Express Post and a tracking number which will be PM'd to you.

The last one went very smoothly on our part and I would like the same again. Please simply put your name down if you want to be in. If you have any questions search through the old group buy as it is most likely answered there or just simply PM me and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks guys

Phil

Edited by PM-R33

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No clutch lines Phil?

Lol I was waiting for some one to ask that. I will do a clutch line group buy as soon as I get some spare cash to get one myself. At the moment I can't justify it (says while missus is standing over shoulder). The clutch line group buy might be a smaller batch though, maybe 10 or something. I will let you guys know via PM once I open that one up.

I'm in pending the colour. I assume it'll all be black/silver?

It will most likely be clear unless the majority want something else. Last time we all pretty much agreed on clear. With the clear PVC tubing the braided line is visible inside of it and the PVC coating is almost invisible. If you have a colour over it, the braided line is not really visible. Have a look at my DIY to see what they look like with the clear PVC tubing, it looks the best IMO.

Edited by PM-R33

Seems we have our first ten then, pretty good for one bloody day lol.

1. SKINS - R33 GTST

2. ARTHUR T3 - R33 GTST

3. XKLABA - R32 GTR

4. HIBINO - R32 GTST

5. JEBUD - R32 GTST

6. 33 DRIVER - R33 GTST

7. GIMPSR34 - R34 GTT

8. LOOKINGFORBOOST - R33 GTST

9. MR JOLLWAH - R33 GTST

10. SALAD - R32 GTST

Just check that I wrote the correct car kit. (R32/R33 GTST is the same kit and R32/R33 GTR is the same kit).

Twenty more places to go guys.

Edited by PM-R33

Also just a heads up for anyone with a non-turbo R34 that has fitted R33 GTST calipers, you want the kit for the R33, not the kit for the R34 GTT. Seems pretty straight forward but I was confused about this for months so thought I'd mention it :P