SAU Community

Tune Apexi Safc With Z32 Afm

Hello everybody my name is kenny and im new here on the site. i live in sweden and is also a member in the swedish version.

Anyway i just have som questions about the apexi safc (ive been searching and looking at all kinds of threads but havent got a real good answer yet)

I bought myself a z32 afm and im going to install it this weekend and wondering about if theres any setting on the safc, when i look at the manual from apexi website i see that there is a setting just for z32 afm (hotwire 4), so will the z32 afm work on my car if i change the sensor settings on the safc?

The other question is what AFR is the best? the car is a skyline r33 Gtst, im going to trie to tune it on the road we have long and good roads here in sweden :blink: i have already bought a aem wideband so i can check so nothing goes wrong!

Offtopic here: i must say that after all my looking around in the forum, you guys are really good at answering peoples questions! thats why i became a member here! well i hope some of you guys have some good answers for me :D

(excuse the english, as said before im from sweden :thumbsup: )

if your making enough power to warrant a Z32 you really should get a standalone ECU

the SAFC really is a basic piggyback patchjob and youll find much more gains and a better overall from a stand alone

have you looked into a stand alone like a powerfc or a remap (nistune) or another stand alone ecu?

for full load your AF/R should be 12 to 12.5 and for light cruise you can go as lean as 15.0 to get some good economy

if your making enough power to warrant a Z32 you really should get a standalone ECU

the SAFC really is a basic piggyback patchjob and youll find much more gains and a better overall from a stand alone

have you looked into a stand alone like a powerfc or a remap (nistune) or another stand alone ecu?

for full load your AF/R should be 12 to 12.5 and for light cruise you can go as lean as 15.0 to get some good economy

I aint making enough power :thumbsup: i just got the Z32 for a good price so why not fit it was my thought :blink:

I have looked into stand alone ecu but the SAFC was in the car when i bought it so i was thinking that i maybe could use that one for now, and then maybe later if more mods would come buy a stand alone one!

My mods are just:

Fmic

3" exhaust with no cat

Apexi air filter

Boost at 0.8 bar (dont know what that is in psi)

Apexi safc (not tuned)

Z32 afm

I aint making enough power :thumbsup: i just got the Z32 for a good price so why not fit it was my thought :blink:

There is no point.

There is zero benefit to fitting it for the mods you have.

It will not give you anything other than a bill for a retune

Sell it, and keep the status quo

There is no point.

There is zero benefit to fitting it for the mods you have.

It will not give you anything other than a bill for a retune

Sell it, and keep the status quo

okey zero benefit :thumbsup: but is there any bad things from installing it? :blink:

But i can lean out the nast flat spot ive got with the safc right? coz i have e real flatspot from 4500-6000rpm where the car goes really really bad, no missfiring just a big loss of power

There appears to be some posts missing on this

Think you asked when the switch over for hi and low throttle was

hi 50%

low 35%

this is for a 8 point adjustment

ne points come in at 1.5%

ne 1 is 2.5%

ne 2 is 4.5%

need any more help

There appears to be some posts missing on this

Think you asked when the switch over for hi and low throttle was

hi 50%

low 35%

this is for a 8 point adjustment

ne points come in at 1.5%

ne 1 is 2.5%

ne 2 is 4.5%

need any more help

Thank you very much, i dont want to start a new thread so i will hope for an answer here for this one!

im about to mount the aem wideband sensor and is looking around on the downpipe where to put it? do i have to take down the downpipe from the car or what is the easiest way to do it? need help really fast! :D

From my understanding and what I have read is that to use a z32 afm with safc / safc2 you have to play with the in out numbers. In representing the number for the z32 afm and out being the number that represents the r33 gts25t ecu etc if you get the drift. Am not 100% sure so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

From what I have read on these forums its seems there is no reason to go to a z32 afm unless you are making 230rwkw or more.

One last thing

What should the ne points be set as? there are 8 ne points on the safc 1 right?

You can have a 16 point correction map or at least you can with a neo

This would be a good start below as what your trying to sort out occurs around 4 to 5 k

ne 1 1000

ne 2 2000

ne 3 3000

ne 4 4000

ne 5 5000

ne 6 5500

ne 7 6000

ne 8 7000

depending on mods and this is a complete stab in the dark you might be looking at around an average -5% or -6% on hi throttle throughout the rev range with no change until 6 and 7 k of about -7% on low throttle

but like i said its a stab in the dark and nothing more but would be interested to see how close it is

Edited by jjskyline79

You can have a 16 point correction map or at least you can with a neo

This would be a good start below as what your trying to sort out occurs around 4 to 5 k

ne 1 1000

ne 2 2000

ne 3 3000

ne 4 4000

ne 5 5000

ne 6 5500

ne 7 6000

ne 8 7000

depending on mods and this is a complete stab in the dark you might be looking at around an average -5% or -6% on hi throttle throughout the rev range with no change until 6 and 7 k of about -7% on low throttle

but like i said its a stab in the dark and nothing more but would be interested to see how close it is

thanks man i will try that, and as soon as i have got it leaned out i will type down how many % i had to lean and at what rpm, just for fun ;) i know you cant just tune any car after another but it could be fun to see how much i have to lean out to get the right AFR

"Flat spot" may also be standard feature of ecu. You may be able to improve things a little with safc but probaly need chipped or replacement ecu to fix it.

there arent any chip to the rb25det right? and you might be right and if the safc cant fix i will have to try something else :touch:

Yes Nistune is not available for the S1 and S2 (non neo) RB25 ecu but if you have a manual you can fit an R32 or other ecu and Nistune that. There is a lttle stuffing around invoved and you need to get some system for switching the vct. Better still is a new Link ecu or if that's too expensive maybe an Apexi PFC if you can find the correct model at the right price. The SAFC will be better than nothing but forget the Z32afm for now. If you decide to get a Link later you won't need an AFM at all.

Link website: http://www.linkecu.com/

Swedish Dealers: http://www.motornord.se/system/webshop.asp...3&HSID=3054

Motor Nord AB

Bjorneborgsgatan 49,

PO Box 708 85131,

Sundsvall.

Tel: +46 60-157 400

Fax: +46 60-157 405

Yes Nistune is not available for the S1 and S2 (non neo) RB25 ecu but if you have a manual you can fit an R32 or other ecu and Nistune that. There is a lttle stuffing around invoved and you need to get some system for switching the vct. Better still is a new Link ecu or if that's too expensive maybe an Apexi PFC if you can find the correct model at the right price. The SAFC will be better than nothing but forget the Z32afm for now. If you decide to get a Link later you won't need an AFM at all.

Link website: http://www.linkecu.com/

Swedish Dealers: http://www.motornord.se/system/webshop.asp...3&HSID=3054

Motor Nord AB

Bjorneborgsgatan 49,

PO Box 708 85131,

Sundsvall.

Tel: +46 60-157 400

Fax: +46 60-157 405

I was under the impressions that you can use a z32 ecu with the r33 skylines to retain vvt. Just needs some minor rewiring. If you go on the nistune website im sure they mention their soloutions there for the r33 skyline.

Cheers

^^ you can use both, however the 20det ecu needs an external vct switch i believe, where z32 ecu alredy has vvt

Edited by R3N3

i would just hold onto the z32 afm for now until you have a proper set up that can fully utilize it.

i have the same set up as you pretty much,,

-a pod but just switched back to panel and airbox.

-split dump and 3inch exhaust all the way.

-10 psi actuator but running closer to 14psi.

-safc neo with zeitronix wideband.

install the afc and wideband and take a crack and road tuning. you will notice a difforence.

crappy thing is you can adust fuel all the want but you cant adjust timing so you wont be able to make it perfect which is why the pfc or nistune ect is used. but go nuts,, have fun,, learn and be careful. dont let it go too lean !

throw down here what you ended up using for the rpm settings and ill stick mine down just for curiosity sake.

if u find your still having a bad flat spot make sure you check the condition if your fuel pump, coilpacks and sparkpugs.