SAU Community

How to turbo your N/A

very curious about the results and how it would compare against a rb25det
WE may never know, my car was stolen. When it was recovered it looked pretty bad and may be written off :D Will update

If I were you I'd hold off until you do have the money for a GTS-t if you can't afford to look after the car, then you can't afford the car...it's the sad truth.

gtst = 3 grand for insurance, service atleast every 5,000 km's

gts = 1500 maybe for insurance and service every 10,000 )although i do mine every 5)

my gts on long trips gets 500+ km's per tank (about 520) a GTST would get no where near as much, also when driving it around own etc the GTST will guzzle the fuel :)

Hey guys, has anyone tried this setup

RB20DE bottom end with a RB25DE cylinder head.?????

I'd love to know what sort of compression ration this comes up with, or if they will actually bolt on.

Turbine

• 4 months later...

i have a 1993 r32 gts with a rb20det conversion. i bought it this way so i dunno whats been done. power seems sweet up until 5000rpm, where it seems to hit some flat spots in power from there onwards. Could this be possibly due to the fact that the ecu is still from the non-turbo engine, or maybe coz he hasnt upgraded the fuel pump? mods on it are fmic, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, brass button clutch. there is no bov, and currently is running 11psi. any ideas?

cheers

• Like 1

This thread is kinda old, but i'll post up anyway. Incase anyone wants to know in the future?

Blew up my rb20det (big end bearing) and have just dropped an rb20de motor in.

High mount manifold

rb25 series 2 turbo

External wastegate

safc 2

sard fuel pressure regulator

walbro fuel pump

front mount

3" exaust turbo back

Boost controller

It goes onto the dyno on thursday (sunday at the moment), and i ain't going to be shy about the amount of boost it runs. I want as much power as the standard rb20det injectors can handle... (hopfully around 300hp atw)

Not sure how long the motor will last, but, gotta find out 1 way or another as noone seems to post up any results :(

Regards,

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all!

I just bought a auto 96 R33 GTS 4 today.....

N yeh i wanna turbo it...:) since my ride is 4wd is it possible to do a direct Rb25DET engine swap? or will i have to turbo the na engine?

NEED HELP GUYS! NA skylines are slow:(

u ask me why i bought this car coz it was cheap n look sexc:)

regards shorty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey i jus picked up a r33 gts25 off the forums , possible looking to turbo it...

i also have a s15 fronted 180sx, and its running a rb25det...

so i was gonna rip the turbo setup off it, t70, 38mm ext gate, hi rise manifold... take the standard injectors out of th det and the ecu out of it.. does this sound like it would run ok if i put it on??

i just stripped down a rb25de outa a r33 and it does have all the oil and water fittings on the side of the block. there just blanked off with bolts. so you can turbo then. youll just need everything off a rb25det turbo

Hi all have a R33 GTS RB25DE and want to turbo it but i live in the uk and all the people over here say it can't be done with out change the pistons and lowering compression , after reading this it can be done , if any one has any info please send me a message many thanks Shawn :P

Edited by shawny