SAU Community

How to turbo your N/A

just wondering, what did you have installed which alloud your R34 to like positive boost.. my car stalls when i hit more than 0.00

thinking its the ecu, just wondering what i need to 'fix' this issue :rofl:

Yeah you need to have some sort of ECU change most aftermarket ones will do, the e-manage ultimate is more than capable of sorting your issues, you can even buy an optional harness that allows you to retune the car for exact turbo pressures.

Man, This thread was heapz good....

all waiting for dyno results then car goes missing...

All i can say is POOH JABBA!

Tell me about it....it's like an unfullfilled dream, I'll never know what it was pushing :rofl:

Yeah you need to have some sort of ECU change most aftermarket ones will do, the e-manage ultimate is more than capable of sorting your issues, you can even buy an optional harness that allows you to retune the car for exact turbo pressures.

Tell me about it....it's like an unfullfilled dream, I'll never know what it was pushing :)

i had problems when tuning my greddy emanage.. could you sent me your emanage settings? just for my reference.. i had install the pressure sensor and it didn't show up... and keep on blinking when not connected to pc. and stalls whenever i release the throttle when slowing down..

• 2 weeks later...
i had problems when tuning my greddy emanage.. could you sent me your emanage settings? just for my reference.. i had install the pressure sensor and it didn't show up... and keep on blinking when not connected to pc.  and stalls whenever i release the throttle when slowing down..

I'll have to look around for my e-manage files, after the car was stolen I didn't see the need to keep them.

When you install the pressure sensor you have to create a new map file, with the provision to record map pressure (in the setup menu) otherwise it won't recognize it.

Hey, you stated that the conversion may cost around $3000.

In my case, ( I own a R33 gts ) would it be simpler to just get an engine swap or front cut? What would be left for me to change besides the ecu? If i opted for one of the two?

Okay, mid last year i did completed my NA to turbo conversion.

cost me over 6g in total to do it..

here are the dyno sheets.

this is from when she was N/A, and only had cat back exhaust on it.

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/mirks/MIRKZ/mirkzdyno.jpg

this is when all work was complete, running high compression still but with turbo.

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/mirks/MIRKZ/mirkzdyno2.jpg

in the 2nd graph it shows black lines an a blue one, the black was a previous dyno that was done that got 273 at the rears but had a dodgy coil pack, The blue is after the coil was replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

it would sound similar, but slightly different due to compression.

every car sounds slightly different with just the minor mods..

6g would be for half cut + putting engine in.

3g would be ecu + 2nd hand parts to turbo it. (plus tuning of course)

• 4 weeks later...

Is the head on the rb20de the same as the rb20det,I have to do the turbo conversion on my car to get it complied & I can get the head & turbo etc for nothing,I had heard that the difference in compression was in combustion chamber is this right or not.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does any one know if the ecu wiring plugs for a N/A skyline and a turbo skyline are the same, im just helping out a mate with a N/a skyline with all standard turbo bits (fuel pump, injectors etc) as i have a standard ecu for a r33 gtst s1.

lucas