SAU Community

How to turbo your N/A

i just stripped down a rb25de outa a r33 and it does have all the oil and water fittings on the side of the block. there just blanked off with bolts. so you can turbo then. youll just need everything off a rb25det turbo

do u have the pics of the oil and water fittings?

coz im keen to c this, i wanna turbo my 33 gts4

Well I have all the bits together for mine finally, Have a 25DE fitted to my R31. I have just picked up a good High flowed T3/4 with lines and manifold. Still chasing a 33 DET ecu to get it all running, also just bought a just jap same sided cooler. So far, its cost me $650, so should be 1k total and running. Let you all know how it goes

same here (rb25de in r31)

im geting the bits together to turbo it atm, just gunna be using a std rb25det turbo. but its also going to have a 3L botom end so i dont know if it counts.

you shuld take detailed pics and post them up. also tell me how u go with your cooler cos custom bits cost mega $$$$ and if u use std (aftermarket) bits it will be beter

Does any one know if the ecu wiring plugs for a N/A skyline and a turbo skyline are the same, im just helping out a mate with a N/a skyline with all standard turbo bits (fuel pump, injectors etc) as i have a standard ecu for a r33 gtst s1.

Yeah ECU plugs for the DE and DET are the same

i just stripped down a rb25de outa a r33 and it does have all the oil and water fittings on the side of the block. there just blanked off with bolts. so you can turbo then. youll just need everything off a rb25det turbo

Lucky bugger!!! My 34 never had them, make sure you drill the return in your sump though, this won't have a blank on it.

So the R34 turbo I got off you was really a S1 R33 turbo with unknown km's? Looks like I got ripped!

Err no, you bought the turbo off my current R34 (the silver one) and it had damn low K's

My old R34 (the blue one which was a 25GT+t) had a series 1 R33 turbo with close to 170,000kms on it. That is the turbo that is still on it.

This is my old car, it was stolen in June 2005. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...d=2677710

Err no, you bought the turbo off my current R34 (the silver one) and it had damn low K's

My old R34 (the blue one which was a 25GT+t) had a series 1 R33 turbo with close to 170,000kms on it. That is the turbo that is still on it.

This is my old car, it was stolen in June 2005. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...d=2677710

THIS IS MY BAD AND I APOLOGISE!

I HONESTLY WAS JUST ASKING THE QUESTION AS IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD COME ACROSS THIS THREAD AND AS I WAS NOT AWARE OF THERE BEING TWO CARS, IT WAS UNLCEAR TO ME ESPESIALLY DUE TO THERE BEING SO MUCH CONFUSION BETWEEN THE TURBOS.

DAN WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND HONEST AND I APPRECIATE HOW HE WENT ABOUT THE TRANSACTION. YOU MAY HOWEVER UNDERSTAND HOW I FELT WHEN READING THIS THREAD AS IT CONFUSED ME COMPLETELY.

ONCE AGAIN SORRY MATE AND ALSO FOR THE CAPS!

P.S. The turbo has been running well! I am about to drop an RB25DET into the 32 and will use it on that too espesially now that there is no confusion!

TODD OUT - Feeling like an idiot! :no:

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm how reliable is the NA turbo conversion kind ? although running on low boost but will it go bang? sorry for stupid question cause i have a R33 RB25de and half cuts are expensive so i am looking into this kind of conversion thanks :dry:

Cheers

Chi

mines all running now

im using RB25DE +T with RB20 everything.

I upgraded to RB25DET (370cc) injectors and its too rich to make any power.

Use a Apex SAFC to lean her off a little.

My conversion cost me just over $1100. Im chuffed.

Image012.jpg