SAU Community

Melbourne Autosalon - 28/29 August 2010

evilGTR

Howdy Folks,

Just Wondering if anyone is entering there cars this year for autosalon?

Not sure if SAU have a stand there this year but it should be a good turn out.

Hopefully not toomany Chromies with failed offset and more JDM..

Auto Salon 2010

Melbourne Show Grounds

Date: 28 & 29 August 2010

Opening Times: Sat & Sun 10.00 – 18.00

Parking Facilities: Public Parking $10 at Flemington Racecourse, enter via Flemington Drive on Epsom Road

Public Transport: No 57 Tram from Elizabeth St outside Flinders Street Station to Epsom Road

Entry Gate: Pedestrian Entry via Gate 1 Epsom Road

post-63948-1282636039_thumb.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully more than previous years... its been a pretty weak show over the last 3 odd years. Im going to walhalla for the weekend so cant go.

lol 20-25 and they have gone to a cheaper venue?

;)

hopefully more than previous years... its been a pretty weak show over the last 3 odd years. Im going to walhalla for the weekend so cant go.

Ye i doubt it, all went downhill after certain people left, and the resulting replacements starting dicking clubs like SAU around, infact so many clubs don't go anymore which is unfortunate and sadly was quite often where some of the more realistic/awesome cars came from.

I am entered in autosalon. have my own stand with a about 12+ cars. entry fee is $25

cheap venue this year apperently at the showgrounds. personally not a fan of the new venue but will see how it goes i guess..

got a nice JDM stand setup. so if you come down feel free to visit the Auto Indulgence Stand. 3-4 sau cars in it :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• New R34 owned here (from the US) and found a gem, '98 GTT with ~6k miles, super clean & completely stock. When shifting there's no grinding, shifts smooth, etc. The concern I have are 2 things: 1) Only in 2nd and 3rd... when maintaining a slower speed (in traffic as an example) as I let off/on the gas, the shifter will slightly move and vibrate. If the clutch is engaged, none of this happens. It's not bad, but enough to feel like something isn't necessarily right. 2) This mainly happen in 4th or 5th... the shifter slightly bounces up and down, almost like it's riding on unbalanced tires (and I do think the tires are unbalanced as I get a little of that bounce feel at higher speeds, which is maybe why it only happens in 4th/5th). Lastly, and sorry for this noob question but I want to work on this car myself, can someone teach me some on these manual transmissions? Like servicing them, best products to use, etc.; would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    • Coilovers aren't even the first step. Bushes, subframe position and alignment, HICAS elimination, adjustable upper arms and traction arms in order to dial out understeer. All these things need/deserve attention first. ARBs (There's no such thing as a swaybar. Please, everybody, stop calling them that) are useful if you want to limit spring stiffness. Otherwise you can control body roll with springs. Spring and damper rates are a function of road surface, speed and usage. There is no solution that works for all cases.
    • Define "nothing". Is the starter spinning but not the engine? Engine turning but not firing? If the engine is turning but not firing, then you are missing either fuel or spark. You need to find whichever has gone missing.
    • Shitbox Tiguan updates, got the APR OTS tune put back on (no charge for it to be removed/added back), didn't want to just come in just for that (not a fan of wasting people's time for nothing) so I purchased an APR dog bone insert. The boys at German Performance Garage said they would fit it for free too since they had 1x hoist free. Now that's service you don't normally get from most workshops. Anyhow, tune back on, snow grate pulled out, dog bone insert back in and not going to lie, a few smiles when I nailed it around the industrial area heading back onto the M7. Amayama also said 1 to 2.5 month wait for the RB25DE heater hose, yeah why not, car has been off the road for nearly 3, what's a other 2.5?
    • Hmm I'm going to approach this from the other side... What is the car doing that you don't like or what would you like the car to do that is currently isn't doing (handling wise that is)