SAU Community

Rb30det Wont Start. But Backfires In A Sad Way

sweet . if its a tooth out do you rekon there will be any damage ?

No it won't damage it.

Neither will is stop it from running, make sure your not 180 out on the crank if you have recently replaced the belt or something.

Sounds more like a spark problem to me but.

Edited by James_03

No it won't damage it.

Neither will is stop it from running, make sure your not 180 out on the crank if you have recently replaced the belt or something.

Sounds more like a spark problem to me but.

Sweet as yea checked number 1 piston and its up the top when its top dead center. Good to hear there shouldnt be any damage. It lowkey fired up once but run like a dog. I checked the belt and the right camshaft was like 2 out i think . If the cambelt tensioner that you move is a couple mm out would that effect it. Motor was running before hand Ive just changed the blocks because the rings went in the old one . Everything seems to be sparking finie. checked all the wiring to make sure i didnt miss anything.

Put a ratchet on the front balancer bolt and turn it over with your hand to make sure it doesn't hit any valves. I accidentally put my timing belt on 180 degrees out once and the pistons bent some valves, it didn't hit that much but it was enough to tweak the valves so they didn't seal properly.

Put a ratchet on the front balancer bolt and turn it over with your hand to make sure it doesn't hit any valves. I accidentally put my timing belt on 180 degrees out once and the pistons bent some valves, it didn't hit that much but it was enough to tweak the valves so they didn't seal properly.

yea still turns over sweet with a rachet the number 1 piston is at the top when all 3 marks are aline is that right? . You rekon give it a compression test to see if if ne arnt sealing. lol myt b over before i get to go for a roll

sounds like what happened in my fathers RB30 EH Holden..

Ended up being the coils firing in the wrong order...

Do the Basics.. check u have fuel.. If u have disconnected them, check u have the feed and return around the right way.. (i hooked them up the wrong way.. it was a pain)

check spark... and your timing is all good by the sounds..

check that the crank angle sensor still has the key way in it and is lined up correctly, also when u pull it out to check it make sure the CAS shaft isnt broken, my old gtr did this too me when i rebuilt it, it happened because i didnt use the perfect sized spacers when running it without the top timing cover

check that the crank angle sensor still has the key way in it and is lined up correctly, also when u pull it out to check it make sure the CAS shaft isnt broken, my old gtr did this too me when i rebuilt it, it happened because i didnt use the perfect sized spacers when running it without the top timing cover

yea algud ended up getting it going. there was a pin in one of the injectors broken and weak spark. But sussed it all . Started off on 5 pound then I raised it to 12 psi and it lasted all of 5 minutes . blew the head gasket it was only a cheap job of trademe. Going for a gtr 1 this time. Spend the money get the results youre expecting lol

Does it have a base map to run it? If not I'm not surprised it doesn't start, probably massively overfueling?

Nah no bass map just a 260kw tune on 14 psi . got it going in the end but just blew the head gasket for some reason. Was only cheap hundy dola 1 of trademe. Going for a genuine gtr one this time.

check the timing with a timing light, also check all 6 spark plugs to make sure they are all firing and not wet with fuel..

Jarrod

yea did that they had a pretty weak spark which i eliminated just was using a real shit earth. got it going for about 5 min then blew the head gasket some how . think it was just cuase it a cheapy . gona use a gtr one this time.

Nah no bass map just a 260kw tune on 14 psi . got it going in the end but just blew the head gasket for some reason. Was only cheap hundy dola 1 of trademe. Going for a genuine gtr one this time.

Tuned on a dyno or was it an existing tune?