SAU Community

"backwards" Plenum

iamhe77

Hey guys, I am looking for a V35/Z33 plenum which has the inlet (where the throttle body bolts on) bending around to the drivers side instead of the usual passenger side bend.

I saw one that was available in the US a while ago but cannot find it now.

Any of you guys seen one in your internet travels? If so, where did you see it?

You may have spied a part photo showing the right side of a late model dual intake. In all my trolling I've never seen an early model with the inlet on the RHS. Curious as to why you'd want this?

Edited by mosoto

Nah, definitely not a duel intake plenum. It was an add-on for a turbo kit where the intercooler piping went from the turbo on the right side (looking at the front of the car) down into a large front mount, then out of it and straight up the left side of the engine... much like my Stagea's intercooler piping.

Reason? The Stagea's plenum and runners are considerably smaller than the 3.5's but it looks like the VQ35's items could bolt on to the VQ25det.

Thus to maintain the most direct path for the intercooler piping, I would need the V35/Z33 plenum that has the inlet pointing left instead of right.

Edited by iamhe77

Cam, we will have a spare upper plenum floating around in the not so distant future, we could possibly look at modifying it to test your theory. :P

And it will be cheaper and easier than finding the particular one you saw on the net! :(