SAU Community

H.i.d's

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering wat HID should i be using for my HI BEAM

H? ????K ??W (the brighter the better!!)

I currently purchased a V35 not to long ago and it came with HID's already

but where i live has no street lights and alot of kangaroos and rabbits,

so when i turn on the hi beams it does work but u cant even see the difference

as the low beams a just so bright...

Guys i need some help quick before i hit a kangaroo and write off my baby!!!

Had a few too close for comfort encounters already.....

Hi Aaron, there is already a tread about V35 HID.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Hid-s-t338181.html

Have a read and maybe it might help your question. High beams in stock headlights are pretty ok at night. Just have to drive abit careful around that area, I think.

Good luck.

That only helps half...or maybe a little of his question.

if 2003-04 models all i know is main lights are H1 fogs are H4. stick with 6000k or less as higher K will emit less light. the high beams works from the H1s so make sure you get a genuine phillips bulb or equivalent so that the main and high beams are both bright.

reason being as before i spent only $200 on my H1 HID from ebay and ending up with 6000k but the high beam was yellow...fail.

thanks XTC,

do u think if i added another set of 6000k to the hi beam spot it would make a difference i just need the light to be clearer than now and while u guys a helping me out can i fit 20's on the V35 wit offset front +35 rears +40

thanks guys

Adding a 6000 k hi beam wud def make a difference however id prob go around 5000k. As u actually get more light.

With the wheels 20s r fine. Xtc has 20s and also one or 2 oders dat ul c at the cruise have 20s. my 20s are arriving shortly as well. However that offset of +35f and +40R is not wat u shud get IMO . try going more towards the +20-22 mark or bit lower front and rear . Otherwise they wont sit very flush and wont look guud.Also u have to consider the diameter of the wheels. Il explain this to u at the cruise iv made the same mistake as u wid my wheels and have learned by dat mistake :P

cheers Steve that would be great i guess im gonna roll around standard for now and when i catch up wit u guys on the cruise u can

give me some advice on size, offsets and other things before i go out and buy the wrong things.

muchly appreciated buddy =)

• 4 weeks later...