SAU Community

R32 Gts4 - Restoration/rebuild

can anyone tell me what the text is in the top corner of this?

R32_GTR_N1_Oil_cooler.pdf

found the part numbers for it

thess are the 9302 P/Ns

21308-RN581 - bracket

21300-05U20 - cooler kit

08110-6161E - bolts (10)

cannot find prices on these at the moment. looks like a phone call on monday to osaka...

Translation

1. "oil cooler installation will interfere with the existing air conditioning condenser". "if you want an air conditioning condensor, use a kit with this number" from this company Kenso phone them...

2. to install this will make air conditioning difficult!

Edited by WHITE gtt

ok:

tonight removed:

rear tailshaft

front tailshaft

engine ancillaries

this is so I can get the box and engine out a bit easier. the top two engine/box bolts are a bitch to get at. I also ground off the rusted wiper gear in the front. all of that went in the bin as its all past its useby date. I'll order new stuff after I get more money to do so. the rear wiper assy - I have a spare motor now - the nut was so rusted on that I had to cut it off as well and in the process destroyed the threads that hold the lot together. the engine will be out hopefully before the weekend. then the glass comes out and I start getting chemical burns from cleaning.

out of curiosity I pulled the head off the RB20. cylinder #5 rusted. cylinder #6 - black as. headgasket let go I figure and took the rest with it. EVERY line on htat head was catcus wit rust and crap. the entire lot is sitting out side ready for the scrap metal guy to pick up. I kept the cam covers and CAS.

next few days I'll yank the rest out now htat I can get to the back two bolts a bit easier.

• Like 1

spent some time looking at wheel choice. looking at 17x7s in lenso specifically the DC6 in copper/bronze..

DC6_Copper_Bronz_4c3eb1bd1f388_150x150.jpg

I would prefer simmons gold mesh but it looks like they are no longer made :blink: . I feel the lenso wheels would suit a red car - would like to hear feedback on this idea :(

i think that the bbs 17x8's that came on the 32 vspec's look the nicest. i had a set on my gtr when i had it and i thought they made the car look a million dollars.

post-22251-1288959359_thumb.jpg

yeah i bought mine from a guy i know that owns an import wreckers. he gave them to me for $550 with tires. we thought they were just the normal bbs rims until i got home and checked the text around the center caps. had the part number and all on it lol

Knowing you Chris if you think the BBS are best, you'll track them down! I like the Simmons option, I tend to buy second hand and refurbish, the modular construction means you could "tailor them". This interests me for GTS4s.

had simmons P86s (gold mesh) on a previous car. liked them. that was my goal but I cannot buy them anymore.

have found a 'donor' GTR for small bits and pieces local to me. that is going to get a fair bit of stuff taken off it I think. (thanks go to a darling downs member btw.)

02stagea,

ta!

its not the first one I have built though this is the first one that I have went into that much detail though.

talking to another fellow that totally rebuilt a 32 he thought he knew a fair bit about them before he started - he admitted he was wrong. I'm finding the same thing myself. there are that many 'minor' differences in these cars that its entirely NOT funny.

curretnly I'm working from 4 different chassis numbers to get what I want. 3 of them are Vspecs and one Oz GTR.

thanks to a QLD club member I actually worked out the paint on mine and what the car actually *should* look like internally and externally. if I can make it look like THIS as that is my colour I'll be more than happy.