SAU Community

Youngest Person On This Forum?

Josh.69

^ Just to clarify - because some of the above information is wrong.

GT (2.0L) models are not allowed in Australia because they are too underpowered.

GT25, GTv, GTt, GT4 (2.5L) Is allowed.

All R34 (except GTR) all have NEO spec engines.

The non turbo 2.5L R34 delivers more power than previous generation non turbo 2.5L due to the new Variable Valve timing.

There is no difference in power output between S1 and S2.

All GT, GT25, GT4 comes with 2 pot brakes (front) and 1 pot brakes (rear) as standard.

It is the GTv (non turbo with all the GTt bits) and GTt that come with 4 pot brakes (front) and 2 pot brakes (rear) - the ones with "Nissan" written on them.

All RWD auto GT25, GTv and GTt come with tiptronic trans. The exceptions are the AWD (GT4) models and the GT (2.0L)

To the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as a Series 2 GTv - The limited GTv model was only released on Series 1 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong regarding the GTv info)

All this info is based off the Official Genuine R34 Skyline brochure.

you will find that there is actually some registered in australia despite technically not being legal. possibly somehow brought in and complianced as a 2.5L (i'm just guessing), but there is indeed at least 1 rb20 powered 34 on this forum and i know of a rb20E powered r33 in gympie.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you will find that there is actually some registered in australia despite technically not being legal. possibly somehow brought in and complianced as a 2.5L (i'm just guessing), but there is indeed at least 1 rb20 powered 34 on this forum and i know of a rb20E powered r33 in gympie.

Yep. "Could" be a personal import - there seems to be no restrictions when it comes to this - but I really dont know.

Clicky ---> http://www.cargoonline.com.au/importapproval.php

I would have to disagree with you there. I'm on my P's here in canberra, and when i drive the skyline i never attract the wrong police attention (in fact they rather just stare at the car lol). It all depends on how you drive the car, not what car you are driving.

lol yeah dude I agree. Canberra cops are an odd bunch...I might not have P's displayed as I'm on my fulls, but for quite some time I had no front plate, and tint that you couldn't see out of at night, or into during the day. Cops didn't bother me at all...

Even when I got pulled up for speeding on Adelaide ave the other night (yes...I know...was sitting on 90 in 80 zone) the cop just told me to be careful coz I stand out a little bit. It's all in the attitude in this town.

lol yeah dude I agree. Canberra cops are an odd bunch...I might not have P's displayed as I'm on my fulls, but for quite some time I had no front plate, and tint that you couldn't see out of at night, or into during the day. Cops didn't bother me at all...

Even when I got pulled up for speeding on Adelaide ave the other night (yes...I know...was sitting on 90 in 80 zone) the cop just told me to be careful coz I stand out a little bit. It's all in the attitude in this town.

Maybe I should move to Canberra hahaha :)

also just to let you guys know, I want a 4 door sedan not a 2 door coupe

Hahaha! Good man! TBH I had a bit of work to do trying to get the family to not whine about me getting my 2-door, they wanted something with the ability to carry the whole lot of us (me, parents + dog, a german shepard).

My dad and me are both fairly tall, so when he's in the passenger seat, both seats are all the way back so there's no chance of having people in the back unless they're amputee's or something. My decision to get a coupe over a sedan was a selfish one, but everyone else in the family has a car they can use (newer generation Honda Civic Hybrid + Holden Storm) so I just used that as my excuse, flimsy as it was. And having finally got my car back to Perth after driving it across Australia, I couldn't find myself ever wanting to let the dog in the car, even with seat covers the amount of dog-hair in the old '92 Civic was just a disaster.

But refreshing to see that you're aiming for the 4-door, that way you can help the parents with grocery-shopping and look awesome while you're at it. The 4-door GT I test-drove before finding my coupe felt like a properly large car, but then again I could only compare it to my gen.5 Civic sedan.

I'd be interested to see how heavier the 4-door is on the fuel costs, I don't know how it'd differ with insurance. My first thought is that a coupe is sportier, qualifying for more money on the insurance, but a 4-door is bigger and heavier... So I don't know.

When you get your learners are you going to try and go for some quiet practice sessions in someone's old bomb? My dad tried to get a colleague to let me try and take his old 'Rolla for a spin in a paddock near his property but it ended up being my mum's Honda CRV Sport in an empty carpark late on sunday afternoons.

Edited by Telcontar

Sweet! I got my NA Skyline when I was 15 aswell, 4 door R32. I still have it now 4 years later and I love it.

My twin brother has an NA R34 4 door aswell now.

Good luck on your search. :)

Hahaha! Good man! TBH I had a bit of work to do trying to get the family to not whine about me getting my 2-door, they wanted something with the ability to carry the whole lot of us (me, parents + dog, a german shepard).

My dad and me are both fairly tall, so when he's in the passenger seat, both seats are all the way back so there's no chance of having people in the back unless they're amputee's or something. My decision to get a coupe over a sedan was a selfish one, but everyone else in the family has a car they can use (newer generation Honda Civic Hybrid + Holden Storm) so I just used that as my excuse, flimsy as it was. And having finally got my car back to Perth after driving it across Australia, I couldn't find myself ever wanting to let the dog in the car, even with seat covers the amount of dog-hair in the old '92 Civic was just a disaster.

But refreshing to see that you're aiming for the 4-door, that way you can help the parents with grocery-shopping and look awesome while you're at it. The 4-door GT I test-drove before finding my coupe felt like a properly large car, but then again I could only compare it to my gen.5 Civic sedan.

I'd be interested to see how heavier the 4-door is on the fuel costs, I don't know how it'd differ with insurance. My first thought is that a coupe is sportier, qualifying for more money on the insurance, but a 4-door is bigger and heavier... So I don't know.

When you get your learners are you going to try and go for some quiet practice sessions in someone's old bomb? My dad tried to get a colleague to let me try and take his old 'Rolla for a spin in a paddock near his property but it ended up being my mum's Honda CRV Sport in an empty carpark late on sunday afternoons.

The reason why I want a 4 door sedan instead of a 2 door coupe is because you don't see any good looking r34 sedans around. Even though I'm getting a 4 door I highly doubt any animals will ever be in it! As for the insurance, I got the same quote for both models unfortunately, but I plan on putting the car under my dads name and having me as the youngest driver which will make it cheaper :D

Hey Buddy.

Im 16, I joined SAU when I was 15 too. Im looking to get a R32/RB25DE since I cant afford a R34. Its interesting that you want a 4 Door, something different and I respect that. Theres another 15 year old on here that I know of and he lives in Western Australia. PM me so I can get to know you, not many young guys on here.

Edited by Rallye

Hey Buddy.

Im 16, I joined SAU when I was 15 too. Im looking to get a R32/RB25DE since I cant afford a R34. Its interesting that you want a 4 Door, something different and I respect that. Theres another 15 year old on here that I know of and he lives in Western Australia. PM me so I can get to know you, not many young guys on here.

Hey mate,

It's good to know that there are other young blokes around here :D

Once I get a total of 10 posts I will be able to pm you :banana:

Hey Buddy.

16 too cant wait to get an R33

i joined when i was 16, copped alota shit and finally bought an R32 GTS4 sedan

18 now and the taxi's out side.

yeah, its turbo

how do u have turbo if, u live in melbourne and 18 ????

hey mate, there are many useful threads on this website like you wouldnt imagine. would advise to go to your local cash converters and buy a good second hand sarcasm detector also, shouldnt be more than $15-$20.

someone's funny