SAU Community

Rb20det Overfueling

32_4dr

hey i have a r32 with and rb20det 5spd and im having over fueling issues, well i was ......

my standard ecu was over fueling under 14psi of boost and didnt really bother me n after u give it a flog you could smell petrol and i thought who cares at least its not running lean.

but then i bought a re-tuned kaikimoto ecu that re tuned fuel and ignition timing and took of speed limiter etc. so plugged it in and took it for a drive and it wasnt over fueling and seemed the same or slightly less then standard ecu.

thought that was weird a standard computer doing that, has anyone encountered this problem before?

mods to my car are 3inch exhaust,fmic, hks air pod filter, 14psi. (ecu tuned for these mods)

had standard spark plugs so replaced with irridiums and same result.

thinking of putting standard ecu back in as i dont know if re tuned ecu is making it too lean or not

any help would be great

the standard ecu is tuned to be rather rich. this is safer than a leaner ecu and is better for a more universal use. it allows a bit of head room for if the fuel filter gets a bit blocked, injectors get a bit fouled or the fuel pump plays up.

if the ecu wasn't retuned whilst fitted to your car it won't be much better than the stock ecu, even if it was tuned for a car with the same mods.

the best thing to do is to put the car on a dyno and get them to check the AFR's. it will tell you how rich it is running. if it isn't that rich but you still have a fuel smell, then it could be that your cat converter is shot (empty) and this often increases the amount of fuel smell you get.

i have the same issue, very strong fuel smell after just moderate acceleration, even just dailying i get fuel smell, running 8 pound, stock everything, apart from zorst, fmic and splitfires, my cat is new so its not the problem as mentioned above, the only thing i can put it down to is a fuel leak in the engine bay and a bad one at that, but i cant seem to find any issues in the lines anywhere and my fuel usage is normal, it has a new fuel filter and ive checked the lines to it to.

:S

hey thanks, i just went back to stock ecu to be safe cause of running 14psi. however before i did this i wanted to see if the ecu was really chipped and speed limiter was removed so tryed going over 180 and nope it had limiter n hit the limiter twice and now its playing up. went back to standard ecu and same issue occurs.

when you get on boost flat throttle at about 4-5grand all way to redline it makes rapid misfire type sounds and bogs down?

could the ecu have done something or does it sound completely different

sitting on the limiter possibly fouled up the plugs or overheated the coils. try a new set of plugs and see what happens

also, there is an easier, more legal way to see if the ecu has been chipped. you can usually tell just by opening it up.

sitting on the limiter possibly fouled up the plugs or overheated the coils. try a new set of plugs and see what happens

also, there is an easier, more legal way to see if the ecu has been chipped. you can usually tell just by opening it up.

kool, i'll try that.

didnt want to open it because it has wax seal things holding the covers on and didnt want to break the seal incase i needed to refund it.

i really hope its spark plugs

kool, i'll try that.

didnt want to open it because it has wax seal things holding the covers on and didnt want to break the seal incase i needed to refund it.

i really hope its spark plugs

was spark plugs the iridiums blew up haha surprised it still idoled the gaps were like 2 or 3 mm haha

cheers for the help