SAU Community

Worn Control Arm Bushes. Whats That?

samuri

m35 stagea 2002

I received an email from the company doing my compliance.

They wrote:

Stagea’s are common for wearing out the front lower control arm bush, which would deny it a safety certificate until replaced

I am unsure of what that means but is this something that is easily sourced and simple to replace or is a special Nissan part required?

can i strengthen or upgrade this without affecting compliance.

What is the function of this part/unit?

Although my car hasn't landed yet I need to get prepared as i

don't have a lot of time due to my intended driving holiday.

Thanks in advance

Edited by samuri

m35 stagea 2002

I received an email from the company doing my compliance.

They wrote:

Stagea's are common for wearing out the front lower control arm bush, which would deny it a safety certificate until replaced

I am unsure of what that means but is this something that is easily sourced and simple to replace or is a special Nissan part required?

can i strengthen or upgrade this without affecting compliance.

What is the function of this part/unit?

Although my car hasn't landed yet I need to get prepared as i

don't have a lot of time due to my intended driving holiday.

Thanks in advance

funny you mention this.. if its the same busher im replacing on both sides thats making my front suspension creak pm on my m35!

if it is the same piece your talking about that wears , its generally a t -piece like bolt sleeved with a busher over it that connects a control arm and tie arm together. i purchased 2 from nissan for $55 inc gst.

probably going to cost me $100 give or take to install at the suspension shop.

hope that helps... ive got a breakdown of the whole front suspension diagram somewhere ill scan it up when found.

This part?

post-31456-1286947031_thumb.jpg

is thats what your saying about the creaking and etc? i've been annoyed with that for ages

can you take photos of what you've bought and the part numbers soon??

These same bushes get dry on C34's and creak away...

Drop wheel, remove bolt carefully, two spring assisted seals on each end remove these, pull out the insert re-grease everything bolt back up and should be sweet :-)

These same bushes get dry on C34's and creak away...

Drop wheel, remove bolt carefully, two spring assisted seals on each end remove these, pull out the insert re-grease everything bolt back up and should be sweet :-)

sorry to hyjak but it might be relevant

The rubber part on the car i am pointing to is pretty flogged also.. i was thinking of using some polyurethane stuff i have here that i used many years ago to make solid engine mounts in my gtir..

but i am unsure if thats my issue of knocking sounds in the front left

heres what the arm looks like off the car.

600x450-2009073000008.jpg

funny you mention this.. if its the same busher im replacing on both sides thats making my front suspension creak pm on my m35!

if it is the same piece your talking about that wears , its generally a t -piece like bolt sleeved with a busher over it that connects a control arm and tie arm together. i purchased 2 from nissan for $55 inc gst.

probably going to cost me $100 give or take to install at the suspension shop.

hope that helps... ive got a breakdown of the whole front suspension diagram somewhere ill scan it up when found.

Great

thanks.

This part?

post-31456-1286947031_thumb.jpg

is that what your saying about the creaking and etc? i've been annoyed with that for ages

can you take photos of what you've bought and the part numbers soon??

Thanks . the photo is very useful

Edited by samuri

• 2 years later...

Yes I am in the same boat, but when I contacted nissan they want to order the entire control arm and not just the bush! Nissan want to charge $400 for one side!

I'm despirately trying to locate someone who can sell me just the rear bush in the front lower control arm but it's proving to be harder than I thought. I've tried a few places but they only have them for the 2 wheel drive version or only the M34 where I have the M35 AWD

Cheers

Micah

Just FYI- you'll need someone with a press to get that in for you. Its not a push in kinda part, cut out the old one, and press in the new one. Also suggest getting the ones with the castor offset ;)

With the offset bushes, as with the swaybars, BC's and underbody bracing, the car keeps getting noticeably better turn in. I can't believe how much better the handling has become from the saggy whale like feel it had when I bought it.

Highly recommended.

Only squeak I have is somewhere in the back, but haven't replaced any bushes back there.

Check boot for backpacker.

Re-tie mouth gag.

Dispose of body.

No more squeak.

You're welcome.