SAU Community

The Photography Chat Thread

GoldZilla

OK, in an effort to keep the discussions in the monthly photography threads based more on posting actual pictures and offering CC, let's put all other photography-related chats in this thread instead.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd GO!

*waves green flag*

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, in an effort to keep the discussions in the monthly photography threads based more on posting actual pictures and offering CC, let's put all other photography-related chats in this thread instead.

Good idea mate!

On a photography front I'm busy charging my SLR batteries and my timelapse-machine batteries as we're going to Moreton island for thee days! :)

timelapse-machine

ooh. is that a machine that slowly moves the camera?

i started a 'photo each day' type project today (day 1 pic in the october thread).

will be interesting to see what kind of photos I take as drift, graffiti and light painting are banned from my project to ensure that I try and shoot something different and new (to me anyway)

seeing as i start my job as a bike courier soon there will probably be plenty of pics of the inside of elevators no doubt :)

although, seeing as im already a 'collector' of graffiti photos I reckon im going to be weird and start collecting pics of elevators around the city, lol.

Edited by Jay019

ooh. is that a machine that slowly moves the camera?

i started a 'photo each day' type project today (day 1 pic in the october thread).

will be interesting to see what kind of photos I take as drift, graffiti and light painting are banned from my project to ensure that I try and shoot something different and new (to me anyway)

seeing as i start my job as a bike courier soon there will probably be plenty of pics of the inside of elevators no doubt :(

although, seeing as im already a 'collector' of graffiti photos I reckon im going to be weird and start collecting pics of elevators around the city, lol.

Yeewww another project 365 starter! I wish i was a bike courier so i could get random shots all around Sydney! Instead i'm stuck in a stupid office!

I contemplated a 365 but I'm honest enough with myself to know I won't follow up all the way.

I'm up at forster across from the beach for a few days so I should get some beach shots at last.:(

I dont get to pick up the camera that often.

I was dead set against the idea when i had the dslr, cause its such a pain in the ass taking it everywhere.

but the Lumix is always with me, so I know that when I see something interesting/disturbing/different during the day I'm always ready.

Are they PSD's? Or are they .xmp's?

If they are .xmp's you can delete them. The .xmp is just photoshops way of remembering what adjustments you've made in ACR.

Find out what file they are for and if you have already edited it and saved it in full res/for web etc.. then who cares lol, just delete it.

I must admit because i'm stuck in an office, project 365 is extremely hard. With daylights savings its fine though. It's just hard during non-daylight savings because i get home and its dark already!

Another question.

Do you give your clients high res srgb format jpegs or rgb format jpegs? Reason I ask is for printing.

What if the clients whats to print the high res. Wouldnt rgb format be better as it contains more colours?

I know srgb is best used for web, but im talking about printing.

thanks for the help.

Edited by siddr20