SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

that interior looks neat as.... nice clean wiring too...

what are the mounts on the cage at the base near rear of drivers seat, they look like harness mounts but are too low surely??? what are they used for?

Indeed they are harness mounts, for the lap points. Good location really, between them and the shoulder straps mounted to the cage between the rear strut towers you are held firmly back and down into the seat. 2 more points under the seat for the 5th and 6th belts

Indeed they are harness mounts, for the lap points. Good location really, between them and the shoulder straps mounted to the cage between the rear strut towers you are held firmly back and down into the seat. 2 more points under the seat for the 5th and 6th belts

ahhh of course, nice...

should a half cage have the lap points on the cage as well or are the std seat mount points ok???

I'm ashamed I've only just stumbled across this thread Neil! Moving the cool car (read proper race cars with cages) threads from the Motorsport section was a mistake. I said that at the time.

Don't be ashamed mate,,,one of the biggest reasons I stopped posting was because of being made to post in this section.

I asked in the mod section why we couldn't have our race cars in the motorsport section,,,but R31Nismoid,,,Col-GTSX and N1GTR thought not,,,so that was that. Three experts no doubt.

So basically I have very little interest in posting in here.

Cheers

Neil.

should a half cage have the lap points on the cage as well or are the std seat mount points ok???

ACtually Schedule I of the CAMS manual (http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/10_gen_req/GQ10_Schedule_I_Q411.pdf) covers off their requirements (and recommendations), but fundamentally the shoulder straps should be horizontal to the shoulders, and as short as possible

The standard seat belt mounts are not OK according to CAMS because it is more than 40o downwards from the shoulders.

Zeb, this is the 5th car we've built over 10 years, and the biggest thing I've learned is racing is incredibly hard on cars. Anything that is not 100% OK will catch you out sooner or later - so do it right the first time. Neat is OK, but it more important to be simple and quality/reliable.

Don't be ashamed mate,,,one of the biggest reasons I stopped posting was because of being made to post in this section.

I asked in the mod section why we couldn't have our race cars in the motorsport section,,,but R31Nismoid,,,Col-GTSX and N1GTR thought not,,,so that was that. Three experts no doubt.

So basically I have very little interest in posting in here.

Cheers

Neil.

LOL...how old are you Neil? I am 35...so how long until I look at things with the same cheery/rosey perspective as you :nyaanyaa:

This car does look better in real life then in pics...

I mentioned to Neil I should get Duncan to wire up the rest of my car like neils is... Neil laughed at that idea... I'm assuming there was a lot of swearing while the car was wired up... Lol

lol I'm more surprised at how much does work than the few things that don't!

hope those screens do go in this week, I don't need bugs in my teeth.

It could do with a wheel align too Brad ;) Put a lightweight in the driver's seat for the cornerweighting.