SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Yer mate I was going to sell it it has a Nismo 1.5 LSD in it?

What ratio are you running now as std you should have a 4:11 in it.

Hey Ryan,,, I'm running a nismo locker 4.08 solid mounted puppy at the moment.

Stupid question because sometimes stupid questions need to be asked,,,how the hell do you tell the difference between,,,1.0 way/1.5 way ect.

I've only ever had my old original open spinning diff to compare it to.

Cheers

Neil.

Hey Ryan,,, I'm running a nismo locker 4.08 solid mounted puppy at the moment.

Stupid question because sometimes stupid questions need to be asked,,,how the hell do you tell the difference between,,,1.0 way/1.5 way ect.

I've only ever had my old original open spinning diff to compare it to.

Cheers

Neil.

You can tell by looking at the ramps etc

lsdaction.gif

Thanks Ryan for the phone call,,,learnt heaps mate. Turns out my solid mounted diff is out of an early Silvia. Anybody got a S12/S13 auto diff laying around they don't want or just the crown wheel and pinion?.

I'd bought these ages ago from my good friends at Just Jap. Then I bought full alloy solid mounts off ebay and loaned them to a fabricator who shall remain nameless to copy and never saw them again,,,go figure. So tonight I thought I would start fitting these ones,,,expecting it would take 2-3 nights work,,,1 and a 1/2 hours later all in. Yee hah,,,still I'm going to try and find another set of full solid puppies but these will do for the time being.

jjrsolidbushes-01_3.jpg

Off on Monday to Wakie again,,,this time with big girl fatz,,,so it should be good to see if I can even keep up with him. Shitme I'll be trying really hard this time. I'm also hopefully taking my 17 year old neighbour for some happy laps and to see if she's happy at speed. If she is I'm going to start looking at putting her in the drivers seat. I'm also taking my biggest hammer just in case anybody gets any ideas.

Cheers

Neil.

Off on Monday to Wakie again,,,this time with big girl fatz,,,so it should be good to see if I can even keep up with him.

Cheers

Neil.

you might have a chance through the frist six pack on sunday night but after that and the next day i do belive you will be left in my wake

you might have a chance through the frist six pack on sunday night but after that and the next day i do belive you will be left in my wake

Fair enough big fella,,,but maybe just keep an eye on your mirrors tiger,,,all three of them.

Cheers

Neil.

Well what an interesting day,,,rain rain and more bloody rain,,,It's getting bloody annoying.

I really wanted to see if the rear cradle alloy bushes made a difference but that just didn't happen.

Old mate fatz had problems and so did James which disappointed me greatly,,,Ben chickened out at lunch time so that just left Easto and I to play,,,shitme dead Easto's cars quick,,,even in the rain.

My poor old federal fz201's in the rain are shit,,,I had to let some really crappy cars past me,,,3rd gear light ups on the straight was getting scary.

Still Cheryl came home in one piece as usual and now on to the next meeting which is the Nulon Nats on July 4th,,,again at Wakie.

Funny enough I still have a slightly travelling brake pedal,,,so I've borrowed Fatz's AP caliper kit just to see if they actually fit. I really should change or re-build my brake master cylinder as Duncan well pointed out as it is the only thing I haven't recoed yet.

I'm well into making my own cold air intake at the moment,,,I'll take some piccy's over the next few days and post them up.

Cheers

Neil.

Neil, I'm pretty sure I have a brake master that will fit your car. Unknown condition. Is just taking up space on me. May even have booster attached.

PS: You should have left your hammer at home... I wasn't there to swing it... :P

Neil, I'm pretty sure I have a brake master that will fit your car. Unknown condition. Is just taking up space on me. May even have booster attached.

PS: You should have left your hammer at home... I wasn't there to swing it... :P

Hey Matty is it a gts-t one,,,I'd love to take it off your hands and get it rebuilt,,,that way I'll have a spare and not have to disable the car while waiting.

The hammer wasn't needed mate,,,she's still is recovering from a broken foot and didn't want to aggravate it,,,tipical girl.

Did I tell ya I beat fatz's GTR in the rain,,,by 2 seconds I thick,,,sucked in Sweet-cheeks.

Cheers

Neil

The last time I had a 33 gts-t master cylinder rebuilt (and sleeved after being rebuilt didn't work) it was the longest most dangerous 3 months of my life. Ended up ordering in a brand new genuine cylinder from Japan for not much more than the cost to sleeve it and it fixed all my problems.

man I remember that BMC saga from the old days....you had some shit luck there. FWIW I told Neil to buy a new one not to f**k around rebuilding the old one.....

Good to hear Cheryl is still behaving...get some new tyres and that boost coming on earlier and it should be a ball.

i feel so dirty

so so dirty

your going down( on eastos arse) next time

Stop with the idle threats big boy,,,I'm not going down any time soon. To be fair you only got 4 laps in so maybe just maybe you might have beaten me.

Next time it rains give me a yell as I have a new set of Michelin wets mounted on rims that would go great on Cheryl (I bought them after a wet tack day and they have never been used as we have not had a wet track day since).

With these little puppies on Fatz would be 10 seconds behind Cheryl.

I've started making my custom cold air box,,,finished the side section,,,all it needs now is some dynamat and some rubber beading to protect the hoses from chafing. I'm using 3mm thick fibreglass sheets which in themselves is a great heat insulator. The top is a little harder because I still want to use my GTR factory snorkel but I'll get it all done over the next week or two.I'm also looking at a 2nd air supply from the bottom and I bought of all things some 90 degree pvc rain water down pipe and an adaptor,

Here's some pics

post-29-0-38849300-1402488169_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-23086200-1402488574_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-39976400-1402488685_thumb.jpg

I have also started trial fitting Fatz's AP Caliper kit,,,330mm GTR discs with old school AP calipers's and dog bones. I'm have a small issue with getting the caliper to line up smack bang in the middle of the disc and I have spent quite a few hours working it all out but I'm getting there. No clearance problems with my 17 inch Weds though,,,they clear easily and I think I could run bigger discs and calipers. Even if I don't actually buy them,,,I will have worked for Pete how they actually fit.

Here's some pics so far

post-29-0-42332600-1402489603_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-31549200-1402489686_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-23269100-1402489766_thumb.jpg

That's enough for now,,,still got lots of shit to do before the Nulon Nats on the 4th of July.

Cheers

Neil.

Next time it rains give me a yell as I have a new set of Michelin wets mounted on rims that would go great on Cheryl (I bought them after a wet tack day and they have never been used as we have not had a wet track day since).

With these little puppies on Fatz would be 10 seconds behind Cheryl.

Thanks Charles,,,I'll keep your offer in mind,,,you should pm me your phone number,,,I might need them on the 4th of July.

I might have to start looking for another set of rims for wets,,,as I'm going to keep my Federals as spares and I am going to buy a set of Kuhmo V710's or V70A's before the Nulon Nats.

Cheers

Neil.