SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Neil, Duncan and I were discussing how no one knows what "That brown box is" in the engine bay up near the windscreen wiper motor... Well I found out it's for your windscreen wipers. It's an "Amplifier" for them. NFI how it works or what it amplifies.

Correct I think it may have that written on it hehe

Correct I think it may have that written on it hehe

Really? LOL, I've never seen any writing on mine... But I've never paid a lot of attention to it as it is out of the way...

I just read it in a cool book someone lent me... :(

lol thanks matt (for nothing!) looks like that is staying.

brad, neil is an outrageous recalcitrant....where are the farking pics??????

everything is out but the sound deadening (next sat) and windows (I'm not brave enough to do those, my rate is 6 from 8 in 2 cars).

need to tidy up the remaining wiring but that can happen whenever.

Hahahah anal plus as well so I heard yesterday.

How did you go getting the boot trims into the Otto bin....

Or are they going back in the boot now

If his not painting the outside leave the windows in. Pretty clever and have some better TIG welding gear now so can fully weld a cage with the windows in.

I did big petes r32 with glass in, GTiR glass in and an s15 last week with glass. Saves all the risk that way!

Hmm "neil is an outrageous recalcitrant",,,not sure how to take that Dunky (1.marked by a stubborn unwillingness to obey figures of authority or

2.hard to deal with or operate).

Brad,,,yes I am anal,,,but at least I'm not as anal as Merli. :D

Basically spent the whole weekend on the car. Duncan is a gluten for punishment,,,sunday he removed all the wiring,,,removed my imobalizer,,,cleaned up all the rubbish connections and even got under the car to remove the last wiring on the gearbox from my cruise control. I must admit that he does a lot of work and I do lots of thinking,,,not that I'm bludging,,,just sometimes I prefer to think of the consequences of our actions. I really hate fixing something that didn't need fixing in the 1st place,,,so far all is good. Fingers crossed Cheryl starts again soon.

Before

post-29-1290414997_thumb.jpg

After

post-29-1290415134_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290415217_thumb.jpg

Melinda served up morning tea,,,,ah "Donut King",,,nice.

I'd like to say that the boot lid was a breeze to fit,,,but I can't. Now I'm not dissing the product,,,it's price dictates that work will be needed. The hinges will have to be elongated to get it smack bang in the middle so the lock lines up with the striker properly,,,no big deal. The barrel is a pain though as the carbon fibre is to thick to get the clip back on,,,so there was lots of sanding and I'm still not happy. Looks bloody great though. Pity it's going to be painted.

post-29-1290414874_thumb.jpg

Nissan,,,sometimes I love you and sometimes I hate you,,,I removed the blinker/wiper stalk,,,bastards use self tapers,,,nice sharp piece of metal sticking out,,,first blood. Love how the battery cradle with every thing attached came out complete,,,only 4 bolts and one nut,,,very cool,,,,this will be going on a diet.

Brad,,,Are you sure I don't need to remove the glass,,,more than happy to leave them in. Yea no bloody boot trims are going back in,,,they are off to the sale section.

Duncan,,,the dry ice will be ordered wednesday and as a stroke of luck they are in Sefton,,,in the side street of the "Play House",,,remember my test street. No people we won't be checking out the naked ladies while we are there.

Okay that will do for now,,,but I must say I'm very happy so far,,,can't wait for some tin-top fun.

Cheers

Neil

Awesome! GTST track cars, love it!

Will be keeping an eye on this to see how you go :D

Sweet as buddy,,,Series 2's are so cool. I could have proberly bitten the bullet,,,sold her and bought a gtr but I just love rwd's.

GTR's have such an un-fair advantage and I don't like the way their drivers use more than the black stuff,,,nothing worse than going out after them only to find dirt and rocks all over the racing line. I don't want to be tard with that horrible brush.

Cheers

Neil.

I don't like the way their drivers use more than the black stuff,,,nothing worse than going out after them only to find dirt and rocks all over the racing line. I don't want to be tard with that horrible brush.

Cheers

Neil.

You didnt see the aftermath of my little off at turn 1 at Wakie a couple of months ago, I was to fast and not in the best spot so thought I would get right up on the chicane (I ended up strattling it with the front on the dirt and rears on the track finally spinning like top and bringing the landscaping with me , the poor commondore following me had a nasty off because of me and the turn was covered in mud.

Yes, I was king of the tards that day...... :D

Nice project so far mate, should be full of RWD goodness.

You didnt see the aftermath of my little off at turn 1 at Wakie a couple of months ago, I was to fast and not in the best spot so thought I would get right up on the chicane (I ended up strattling it with the front on the dirt and rears on the track finally spinning like top and bringing the landscaping with me , the poor commondore following me had a nasty off because of me and the turn was covered in mud.

Yes, I was king of the tards that day...... :D

Nice project so far mate, should be full of RWD goodness.

Mark an Off is an OFF,,,and no unfortunately I didn't get to see it,,,but I'll bet it was bloody funny and I would be taking the piss out of you.

These GTR blokes think because they have 4wd they don't need to stay on the black stuff,,,they can short cut it,,,puting in a faster time and throw crap all over the track for the poor bastards following.

Well I say we all band together and rid the world of these rude,,,cheating bastards. Who's with me???.

Cheers

Neil.

shit at this rate the car will be on the track before my gtr

Wouldn't that be funny big fella,,,I'm sort of hoping we can start testing mid jan or late feb. But like all builds it will drag on,,,nothing ever goes to plan. Remember though I will be still basically running a stock engine.

Which brings me to a question I've had floating around in my head,,,we haven't found anything in the car that over-rides the factory speed limiter,,,no wire cut,,,no little box anywhere,,,we found this crazy box with a heap of wiring going to the headlamps and agreed the compliance guys installed it so the hi beam and low beam are not on at the same time,,,but nothing controlling speed. Cheryl has been well over 180 kays all the time we have owned her.

Now I'm off to the garage to see if my left hand drills and easy-outs can remove Cheryl igntion switch properly.

Cheers

Neil.

Cutting wire 53 definetely should remove the speed limiter. Definetely did in my car.

Also the high beam and low beam are not on at the same time from factory. Australia law actually states it should be the other way around (low beam should remain on when high beam is activated), there have been a few threads of people getting fined for the factory setup...

EDIT: Actually I re-read that again, do you mean it has no speed limiter, but there is no sign of modifications being done to allow that?

Edited by PM-R33

Well that was a barrel of laughs,,,here I was thinking removing the ignition switch properly would be a pain in the arse,,, but it took me no more than 2 pin punches and just the drill to remove it. It took longer to post these pics than remove the bloody thing.

post-29-1290503928_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290503939_thumb.jpg

Heres the snap on kit I used

post-29-1290504098_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290504108_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil.

Cutting wire 53 definetely should remove the speed limiter. Definetely did in my car.

Also the high beam and low beam are not on at the same time from factory. Australia law actually states it should be the other way around (low beam should remain on when high beam is activated), there have been a few threads of people getting fined for the factory setup...

EDIT: Actually I re-read that again, do you mean it has no speed limiter, but there is no sign of modifications being done to allow that?

Yea the old wire 53,,,not cut mate,,,so I'm at a loss as to why I can get away with over 180 and there is no sign of mods. Figure that one out.

Okay thats interesting as our car can alternate between low and high beam but never both on at the same time. I'm sort of hoping that we can run the low beam on and flash slower cars with the high beam.

Duncan and I would both love that little feature.

Cheers

Neil.