SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Thanks boys,,,love her work.

I now sit 1st in class thanks to my old mate Paul changing classes and the other gent(rb25de) not turning up,,,theres no way could I win the shorter hillclimbs against 2 very quick clubmans. I have to be also careful as who knows who will turn up at the following 6 rounds.

The Kuhmo V700's are now officially crap,,,I was hoping they would get better as they wore down but they are getting worse. Everytime I get on the load pedal Cheryl just lights her rears up. Sideways everywhere is fun but bloody slowand the only way I can get the rear end planted is to run with almost a full tank of fuel.

So I've decided to try some Avon slicks,,, after much procrastinating and talking some other competitors I'm buying a newer compound of softs (A94's) at 500 bucks each plus 30 extra a tyre to get this done.

http://www.gordonleven.com/motorsport/about.php

No way can I turn up to the next meeting on brand new slicks so I'm going to try this trick.

Thats a big bite out of my tiny budget so hopefully it works and Cheryl and I can win our class at the end of the year.

Cheers

Neil.

wow that is getting serious, particularly a scrubbing machine! fair enough though when hilllclimb slicks are so expensive and life will be very short.

are you going to drive around the pits with gladwrap on them as well :P

I could see an A49 (medium soft for rallycross, single seater circuit), and an A92 (very soft for hillclimb, single seater circuit and sidecar wet).

Is there an A94 in there somewhere too, or unlisted?

Yep Duncan,,,very bloody expensive but I need traction and I need it in 3 weeks at Kempsey and then Grafton and followed by Tamworth which are all quick climbs. Long ways to go to slip slide around all over the place.

They tell me the life will be longer than I expect because I won't be spinning the tyres all the time,,,we shall see. I had a very lengthy conversation with the boys at Gordon Leven. What will be interesting is they are going to squeaze 250/620x17's onto my 8 inch rims,,,I might need your help massaging the guards out.

Bloody oath I will be wrapping them in plastic,,,actually searching now for some good quality black wrap. Mel doesn't know it yet but she now has a new job before every run.

Cheers

Neil.

Said in a ted bullpitt voice

Not the skyline I just finished glad wrapping the rear hill climb slicks..... Leave Ya money on the fridge wog

Ha Ha your a funny F++uck Pete,,,Bloody Wog.

I could see an A49 (medium soft for rallycross, single seater circuit), and an A92 (very soft for hillclimb, single seater circuit and sidecar wet).

Is there an A94 in there somewhere too, or unlisted?

Dale apparently we shouldn't look at the different compound listings because they change all the time. The A94's are not listed anywhere on the net that I can find,,,do you think I'm just a little nervous?.

I'm tipping a mile-wide grin after the first run.

So this compound is good from cold? Is it the softest in the Avon spectrum for a Skyline size/type/weight/power car?

For more rubber you could always massage the guards with tin snips and angle grinder then fit flares. :action-smiley-069:

I'm tipping a mile-wide grin after the first run.

So this compound is good from cold? Is it the softest in the Avon spectrum for a Skyline size/type/weight/power car?

For more rubber you could always massage the guards with tin snips and angle grinder then fit flares. :action-smiley-069:

My god I hope your right mate,,,shit load of money to spend.

I dragged Duncan out there for his opinion and we got them to fit 1 tyre and match it next to one of my used Federals and it is maybe 1 to 2cm's wider. I was happy,,,he was not,,,I fu+ucking hate it when he's not.

Yes this is a bloody soft avon so it will work from cold,,,so you can bet with all the new traction I will start breaking drive line stuff and kill control arm bushes. Such is life and I'll just have to deal with it.

Whilst I love your flares,,,I'm sort of hoping that I can put that mod off for a little while.

Cheers

Neil.

I've got a guard roller if you need to borrow one. Won't get a lot of "pump" but it helped get the 255/60 17 M/T drag radials under my old boat.

Thanks Mark for your kind offer but I have one as well. Screwed if I was ever going to pay some dickhead to do it for me.

Thats very encouraging to know you got 255/60's under your guards,,,will make me sleep better tonight.

Cheers

Neil.

Well firstly we popped out to Chris at

http://www.cravedcoatings.com/

to pick up my rims and front GTR strut brace bought off Fatz for some powder coating fun.

What a great job this bloke does, Check these pics out.

post-29-0-61836500-1429344769_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-02369600-1429344808_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-98498000-1429344831_thumb.jpg

Yes I'm a little ricey but screw you Pete I like this shit.

That's going to stand out in the crowd, not such a bad thing either.

Thanks mate I actually like them and when I've finished with my Kuhmo's I'm going to get them done in the same colour.

Cheers

Neil.