SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Natsoft is like the bible dude dont pretend like it's not true

Whilst that is true on the internet my big furry friend it doesn't take into account the 5 second penalty for hitting a witches hat,,,someone was just a little to quick posting the results.

I don't give a flying fuuckk anyway,,,it's all about the fun.

This weekend takes us to Ringwood and I only need one official run to win my class for the year.

So if anybodies near by on Sunday,,,come say hello,,,.

Cheers

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Ringwood is done and dusted. To say I drove like a useless idiot is an understatement. Saturday's practice should have told me to just go home and not bother with Sunday. All 5 runs on Saturday were appauling, sideways over the the finish line on one run up the embankment and almost hitting the armco was no fun. Sunday was no better and while I was mostly quicker every run Alan ended up beating me by about 2 seconds, I should have been faster than him but I fuucked up every bloody run. Twice I ran off and absolutely rooted my front splitter. Stupidly just trying to hard I think.

So I'm off this coming weekend to practice down in Canberra and maybe work out what the hell went so wrong.

Cheers

Neil.

Won the championship yet

Yep sure have big boy,,,a couple of guys said the only reason I won is because I turned up to every round and thats a fair call,,, but thats racing,,,don't turn up and don't win. I'll be going to the presentation as a winning and the rest of them can make all the excuses they like.

So that makes it 3 out of 3 race cars that I have owned and driven that have won state championships.

At one of the next two rounds I'm changing cars,,,this is what I'll be driving

should be a lot of fun.

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1

Congrats on taking out the state champs.....you are going to need a bigger pool room :)

Thanks tiger,,,pat yourself on the back mate,,,Cheryl wouldn't be the girl she is without your help. Now win lotto and buy me a pool room and I'll fill it.

While I'm dishing out the thanks,,,Big boy Pete and Matty need to be thanked for their help in all sorts of ways. Matty for teaching me the proper way of "lets say" cleaning the tyres and the Big fella for lots of advice and a shit load of parts over time. Very much appreciated guys.

Cheryl will soon be relegated to much simpler life,,, I need a Radical fix.

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1

We popped down to a club hillclimb in Canberra on Sunday for some testing as I still have traction problems and this climb is longer so I could get some heat into the rear tyres. I have adjusted the rear sway bar to max soft and also tryed with it dis-connected. A few people have asked me what I think of running the soft avon slicks,,,you be the judge,,,keeping in mind I have 235 kilowatts at the wheels at max boost. We durometered the clubman in my class at tamworth who's (he is by far quicker) also on avon slicks and his were 35 and mine were 65 so whilst mine are harder the weight difference in the cars seems to even that out.

Cheers

Neil.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have a look at the end of that Canberra vid you will see one big fat black tyre mark at the end of the esses,,, well thats mine.

At the round before I had two offs and it turns out that 1 of them had broken the left hand front calipers dog bones bolts lock wire,,,a rock maybe???. God only knows how the bolt has come loose as well but it did. On the practice lap at Canberra the bolt has departed the caliper and deposited itseft in the esses just a little way back. Caliper hits wheel,,,instant lock up. Got it fixed and somehow got through the day. Get home and I have one very rooted front slick,,,bitch is down to the wires, I should have taken a pic but basically I ended up with a 80mm x 40mm massive flat spot. Bye bye 2 slicks. I put 2 of my old Kuhmo V700's on the front and headed to the 2nd last round of the hillclimb champs with much trepidation this last Sunday.

Hillclimbing is a funny animal sometimes,,, you think you have done a shit run and it turns out the opposite. My 1st run was not my usual take it easy and just post a time, I decided to really really have a go. I actually tried much harder on my 2nd run and thought it was quicker in some place and okay in others, seems I was wrong,,,totally wrong.They were the only 2 runs I got for the day as my rear slicks were now down to the canvas as well.

wscc r9.xls

So thats basically the end of Cheryl's hard core racing career for the foreseeable future. Time to get the Radical back out me thinks.

Cheers

Neil.

timing error or typo right there! There's something seriously wrong if you think a run 8 sec slower over a 25sec course was better - or even remotely similar. You're not normally faster than all the sport sedans and Evos and other classes, are you?

Absolutely it's a timing error Harry, but after Tamworth where I got ripped off I'm taking it. Alan didn't protest it so we are even,,,a more realistic time would be in the high 27's or low 28's.

But hey if you listen to fatz,,,the timing is always right.

Cheers

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you go to Huntley mate?

next question, are you selling Cheryl?

I sure did mate,,,ha ha 10th outright and 1st in class. Poor Mick in the GTR only got 1 run in before the dreaded gtr curse curtailed his fun.

The 2nd question is always a bit debatable, if someone offered me what I thought to be a reasonable amount of cash I would consider it. That said, we have owned her for 14 years, so really she owes us nothing and I'd be happy to just keep her.

I'm doing King Edward Park this weekend in the clubman which should be interesting, the two other cars in my class are a front engined clubby with big hayabusa power and a very nice home made open sports car much like the Radical which also has hayabusa power. I have been told by Brett the owner to show it no mechanical sympathy.

Cheers

Neil.

Luckily 1 pass was all I needed to take the RRNL championship for 2015 :)

Changed the HG and headed for Coota, 1 pass there gave me enough points to help us (RDTC) take the Nulon nationals championship for 2015 and proved the problem isn't the HG so 3rd time in 4 weeks the motor caome out :(

GL at KEP and farewell to KEP as this is its last running thanks to redevelopment of the area :/

Are you driving the clubman next year ?