SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Hey Mick, congrats on your team winning the Nulon Nats, sounds like you did a lot of late nighters to get you there.

Well done to you for making the comittment mate. Such a fat looking car,,,it almost makes me think that maybe I might start looking at a R34 GTR as my next race car.

The clubby was great fun at KEP and yes it's a pity that was the last time there. I went faster every run but it's was a tall order having never run the car before and just getting used to it with only 4 runs. While I'm used to straight cut sequential boxes,,,it was way different to the Radical. The clubby was not mine so I was nice to it and did no flat changes. Brett told me to show it no mercy,,,but i just couldn't do it!!!. I am booked for another drive of the clubby at a circuit soon, but no way at next years hillclimbs.

I'm big time into refurbishing the Radical at the moment and will run it all year in 2016. I might even build a bigger horsepower motor,,,.

Are you going to run next year,,,word has it we a losing Marulan which is a pity and obviously KEP, so down to 8 rounds.

Cheers

Neil.

Thanks Neil, it was a fair few 1am finishs :/

I am going to do 4-5 rounds next year, mainly chasing records this time

Going to bring the radical next year, nice, keep Paul honest lol

I didn't like Marulan, does not suit the heavy GTR, so not upset it's not coming back next year

Mick

• 4 months later...

Hey Neil, are you signed up for the Hillclimbs yet, are you still going to run the Radical ?

Yea Mick, all signed up and I entered Bathurst today. Unfortunately no Radical this year,,, flat out just ran out of time.

So 3 weeks to refresh the Skyline,,, buy tyres and all that shit.

Cheers

Neil.

haha timely question....also interesting to know

You takin the piss bitch,,, you know better than anybody,,,what if I told you, you've done approx 32 hours on her. Me I'm up around 120 hours and she's still not finished. When the Radical is ready I'll do some non championship events and have her ready for 2017.

I bought a set of Hankook Z221's today for Cheryl, couldn't get the super soft time attack C9's as they just don't have stock or the size, so I had to settle for the C7's. Hope they are better than the Avon slicks from last year.

Cheers for all ya work tiger.

Neil.

Neil the hill climb champion has to defend the crown

Get it right big tits,,, Class Champion and I will do my hardest to win again.

Rumour has it that you are frightened of the stop watch.

Cheers

Neil.

lol that is bullshit. 32 hours. I want to check my bundy card.

My log says approx 152 hours in total, so after subtracting my 120 you ended up with 32, maybe if you turned up on time then your bundy card would reflect more hours worked. Quality hours though.

• 2 weeks later...

You takin the piss bitch,,, you know better than anybody,,,what if I told you, you've done approx 32 hours on her. Me I'm up around 120 hours and she's still not finished. When the Radical is ready I'll do some non championship events and have her ready for 2017.

I bought a set of Hankook Z221's today for Cheryl, couldn't get the super soft time attack C9's as they just don't have stock or the size, so I had to settle for the C7's. Hope they are better than the Avon slicks from last year.

Cheers for all ya work tiger.

Neil.

is there anything in your race calendar at this stage other than the hill climbs?

is there anything in your race calendar at this stage other than the hill climbs?

Bloody oath Matty,

I'd like to take the Radical to some events like this

http://www.leyburnmotorsprints.com.au/

not sure if the Speed on Tweed is still running,,, hopefully it is.

I'm also playing with the idea of the 6 hour at Eastern Creek in the Skyline this coming Easter long weekend, but only if I can join a team that REALLY wants to win. I'm a bit torn with the idea as I would really like to watch Handles run around at Bathurst so unless I can find a team that's serious I'll look at some other events.

Cheers

Neil.

Lol old fart wants more trophies

I feel your pain big fella,,,

Not sure which of us needs therapy more, Me because I want to win everything I enter or at least podium and you,,, that's just happy to make up the numbers.

Cheers

Neil.

I am just happy to be faster than you buttercup

Fair enough big titties.

Only 5 more sleeps to the beginning of another season of racing,,, Can't wait.

Pity the Radicals not finished, but that's life. Pete if you thought the slicks I used last year were soft, you should feel the set I have for the red car. You could actually cut them with your finger nail.

Cheers

Neil.

• 3 months later...

I've always wondered why I've had lack of rear traction,

Duncan decided to fit his TPMS onto my wheels for the last run at the last hillclimb and checked them with his hand held gauge just to make sure they were working properly. We checked it with another guys gauge just to make sure.

Turns out my tyre pressure guage was reading 7 pounds lower than fact. What a waste of those soft slicks, might have to re-visit them after I wear out the current Hankooks.

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1