SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Yea the old wire 53,,,not cut mate,,,so I'm at a loss as to why I can get away with over 180 and there is no sign of mods. Figure that one out.

Okay thats interesting as our car can alternate between low and high beam but never both on at the same time. I'm sort of hoping that we can run the low beam on and flash slower cars with the high beam.

Duncan and I would both love that little feature.

Cheers

Neil.

this can be fixed with some soldering skills.

if you pull the stalk off the column there are two gaps you need to bridge with solder.

i can get you some pictures as i need to pull mine off.

this can be fixed with some soldering skills.

if you pull the stalk off the column there are two gaps you need to bridge with solder.

i can get you some pictures as i need to pull mine off.

Oh I have the soldering skills,,,and Duncan has them as well. Here's some pics of my stalk,,,

post-29-1290507893_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290507906_thumb.jpg

Do tell mate.

Oh and check out the Veuve in the background,,,nicely donated by Mrs Handley,,,the girl is all class.

Cheers

Neil.

damn straight 33 has a speed limiter....I spent literally hours a day on it when I lived in the NT....192 = game over. no sign of mods on Neil's car but something was done.

the loom neil mentioned had a heap of functions and non-nissan parts, so I bet my left one it was done by the compliers. It included dash dimmer, new headlight resisters and relays and side indicator repeaters....as long as some other stuff I missed. Maybe it was the speed cut as well (I'll lol if Neil comes back from the first session swearing about a speed limiter!).

All gone now, as is the alarm, cruise control, airbag etc. some quiet day we will remove the wires not required from the dash and body looms too

Oh I have the soldering skills,,,and Duncan has them as well. Here's some pics of my stalk,,,

post-29-1290507893_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290507906_thumb.jpg

Do tell mate.

Cheers

Neil.

On the back of the indicator/headlight stalk you will see two bridge points (circled in red) these need to be filled with solder as seen in my picture. this enables the low beam to stay on as the high beam is switched on, it also leaves the low/high beam lights on their own seperate fuses and relays so you dont run into other electrical issues.

23112010222.jpg

This is the other side of the stalk if you want to pry it appart, the hardest part of doing this is cleaning away the lubricant and getting the solder to stick.

23112010224.jpg

On the back of the indicator/headlight stalk you will see two bridge points (circled in red) these need to be filled with solder as seen in my picture. this enables the low beam to stay on as the high beam is switched on, it also leaves the low/high beam lights on their own seperate fuses and relays so you dont run into other electrical issues.

23112010222.jpg

This is the other side of the stalk if you want to pry it appart, the hardest part of doing this is cleaning away the lubricant and getting the solder to stick.

23112010224.jpg

Thanks heaps mate for the pics and explanation,,,will come in very handy,,,but for the life of me I still can't work out why someone went to so much trouble.

Heres pics of what Duncan removed.

post-29-1290674454_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290674472_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290674482_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil.

Well that was a hot hard working day,,,gotta say I'm not a 7.30am Saturday guy,,,I usually have a late Friday night and sleep in till at least 10,,,not today,,,had to clean all the stuff around the car so we could work,,,buy some gloves and dry ice. All went well till the guy tried to give me 3 x 5 kilo blocks,,,no,,,no,,,no tiger we ordered pellets,,,oh theses are great just sit them on top and they will work perfectly. Kiss my arse pal,,,in the end we got 20 kilo's of pellets for I think $140 bucks,,,.15 kilo's would have been just enough but I've been down this road before and having some extra to clean up the harder bits is a god send. Duncan turned up at 10.30 but I being the in-patient prick I am I had already started. Sorry for no real before and after pics but it was bloody hot and I needed to get as much insulation out of the car as quickly as possible. If you ever do this please buy the dry ice,,,using a heat gun and scrapper is a 3 weekend bastard of a job. Been there do that. After removing almost all of the deadening it's onto using a wire wheel and I still have some work to do,,,mainly cleaning up and removing lots of seam sealer. These R33's are a luxury coupe boat for a reason,,,heaps of insulation AND it's thick,,,some places it's 4mm thick and some of the stuff Nissan use the dry ice doesn't do a thing.

Heres some pics I did take though

Boot area,,,didn't vacuum it afterwards,,, but it's sweet.

post-29-1290840328_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290840379_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290840640_thumb.jpg

Local boot area clean up shows just how cold this stuff is

post-29-1290840799_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290840926_thumb.jpg

Here we have my fellow Team Raceworx driver/pit crew/track bitch Duncan,,,hard at work,,,check out the work ethic,,,the mans into it.

post-29-1290841745_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290841864_thumb.jpg

This is basically what we ended up with,,,pretty bloody cool in my opinion.

post-29-1290842192_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290842211_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290842228_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290842249_thumb.jpg

As usual,,,Mel looked after us,,,Hamburgers and chips for lunch,,,I love my Wifey.

How much weight did 2 guy's remove in 6 hours of hard bloody work you ask and let me tell you theres about 1/2 a kilo still on the floor.

post-29-1290843223_thumb.jpg

post-29-1290843241_thumb.jpg

That enough for now,,,Handles is by now drinking wine and I'm going to smash some beers fatz style.

Cheers

Neil.

Looks very familiar I remember that bit o too well. Knowing how much there is in the r33 you guys have done well, I used either tirps or metho I can't remember with a rag to clean up the scumy bits.

Keep up the good work.

I did the GTiR with a hammer and chisel, took half a day but being an RB model it had bugger all of the shit!

I got another GTR you can strip out Neil.

Will you be ready for Thursday still? I have a new brobo cold cutting saw and a real nice linisher in trying to find time to use!

Edited by Risking

2012 is the plan mate. What worries me is rule changes,,,so my thinking is to get it done sooner than later.

All the air con will be gone before Brad gets in there with his tubes and welder but I will be leaving the heater in it. After last weekend with Duncan at E/C and Mark last year at TT theres no way you can not run something. Snowman has a heated front screen,,,while that would be nice,,,try finding one for an R33.

Cheers

Neil.

if you are interested neil I have a mate getting a batch of about 50 heated fronts screens make up in the UK. can do any car they have a pattern for and I'm pretty sure R33 is on there. about $500. it's also lighter than stock and is DOT/E marked therefore road legal and means no more heater needed.

"Looks very familiar I remember that bit o too well. Knowing how much there is in the r33 you guys have done well, I used either tirps or metho I can't remember with a rag to clean up the scumy bits."

Ryan,,,yea that was funny,,,heaps more in a 33,,,wonder whats in a 34. I started using brake cleaner and thinners but Duncan was getting off on it so I had to stop.

"today was an absolute flamin mongrel of a day. we removed 1kg/hr each. better be f**king worth it"

Get over it bitch,,,you loved every moment,,,and yes you were right,,,my body is still hurting. Worth it,,,deep down you love RWD's.

"lol any dry ice burns on your arse those hurt 3 days later"

No burny bums Pete,,,you are not actually surposed to sit on it you know.

"Now you just need to paint it all in there to make it look nice and pretty!"

Yes Matt trust me it will be beautiful. White,,,White and All White,,,KH6 from memory. Can't do much till Brad finishes his handy work.

"I did the GTiR with a hammer and chisel, took half a day but being an RB model it had bugger all of the shit!

I got another GTR you can strip out Neil.

Will you be ready for Thursday still? I have a new brobo cold cutting saw and a real nice linisher in trying to find time to use!".

Brad ,,,you animal,,,a hammer and chisel,,,half a day hey,,,Cheryl will beat your lack of 2 cylinder pulsar in the looks dept. Yes Duncan and I can do your GTR,,,but you may not like the price buddy we don't come cheap,,,lets see 12 hours x $120 bucks an hour works out to be $1440. I'll ring you tomorrow about thursday.

"if you are interested neil I have a mate getting a batch of about 50 heated fronts screens make up in the UK. can do any car they have a pattern for and I'm pretty sure R33 is on there. about $500. it's also lighter than stock and is DOT/E marked therefore road legal and means no more heater needed".

Richard YES I am very interested,,,In fact I'll put my hand up for 1 x r33 and 2 x R32's. Do you have an idea of when they would be available?.

Cheers

Neil.