SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Can't make it sweetbuns

heading out to do the Bathurst full circuit

its essentially a hillclimb but less gay so you would not be interested

next year you may have some competition so fag I know bought a gts just to make you look bad

Would have loved to test you at Bathurst buddy, but as I race all year and not able to do one off massive dollar events, you can hone your long lost skills on your own.:blush:

Seeing as how you are going to become my newest competitor, hope you have the balls to compete at every round and have the car to do it.:cool:

Oh and when you eventually find out what I'm up to I'll bet you won't even get to the 3rd round.:bomb_ie:

Cheers

Neil.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:44 PM, BOZ22N said:

Maybe Pete should buy my car and race against you Neil!

That would be close and fun racing emoji3.png

Ryan, Pete wouldn't have the balls to take me on. Apparently he has bought a GTS-T,,, I'm running scared,,,NOT.

• 4 months later...

Cheryl has now been semi retired, most of my focus is on the Radical.

I have two planned events for the old girl though so she's not getting off being thrashed again.

Saturday night at Bathurst is the official NSW Hillclimb awards night from the past year and Cheryl got this,

20170321_190252.jpg

• Like 6

She is actually up for sale if anybody is interested.

I haven't actually put anything together about the sale yet, but I will in the coming weeks.

If you are wondering what pricing I would be happy with, start thinking just north of $20 grand for absolutely everything I own relating to her. That means a shit load of spares, wheels, tyres, body panels, engine parts just to scratch the surface.

Feel free to ring me on 0419160561. If you have a private number I won't answer it, just leave me a message with your number and I'll ring you back.

Cheers

Neil.

• 5 months later...

Cheryl finally called it a day at the Nulon Nats.

After all her state hillclimb championship class wins she decided enough was enough.

Poor girl seeing 9000 grand all the time, I actually feel sorry for her.59bfa0e9c6827_20170728_1106491098.thumb.jpg.d250a92094e7d67cbd6af610f6d35817.jpg

Buggered if I'm playing favourites buddy.

Cheryl's new engine has actually passed the thinking stage,,, 

1st up is a massive head job,,,followed by re-profiled rb26 cams to suit hydraulic lifters.

Cheers

Neil.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Love the thread neil! Love the amount of effort you have gone to to reduce weight and actually show the individual results of alot of the parts. Im working on my own 33 currently aiming for the 1300 flat mark so your build is great inspiration and gives me hope.

I have a question regarding the power steering, Do you still run it? And if so are you able to share the wiring required to keep it running after removing the hicas/abs ECUs.. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Aaron, thanks for reading about her.

Yes I still run power steering, all we did from memory is remove all the rear steer wiring and everything worked properly. 

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wow, it's been 2 years since any posts, lots has changed in our lives, we no longer live in Sydney as we decided to get out and move to the country.  No more working out of a dirty damp 5 x 5 crap enclosed carport that leaked like a sieve with 2 cars in it.  We now have a 7 x 9 proper shed with a 2 car garage as well so I now have race car room for the 1st time in my life. The shed also has some roof space so I have been building the new shed to suit my needs and wants, mezzanine floor, dedicated spots for the girls and lower storage and machining area. That in self is a massive job for an old fart, I have so many parts I really needed room to store everything and trust me it's ongoing.  

The replacement engine is now built, just need to pick it up out of Sydney, shit that means we have to go back there again.

I have been very controlled with what I wanted for Cheryl, nothing crazy, I'm still running the factory exhaust manifold and high flowed turbo setup. 

• Like 1

It is great to hear from you Neil.

It sounds like country life agrees with you and to have a proper shed as well as a garage for your street cars is a dream that we all have.

funny how you forgot to mention the rb30 swap!

And, if we aren't going to get any car pics, at least you should post up some shed pics :)

Kel mentioned Tamworth round is confirmed cancelled as well? Looks like I'll need to do club rounds at huntley or sdma